How do i get back into reading?

How do i get back into reading?

our friend john green can help
he has great introductory videos to help you understand the complex themes and motifs of more literary works plus he's an author himself so you know that he knows what he's talking about. you could even read his books first, they're pretty good

Idk i don't read

Reading is pointless now

why are you tripfag?

Read short stories

Do stuffr

jus give it time

Reread an old favorite

Start slow

just be yourself

read flash, lit mags.

It's simple.

Read.

Throw away your phone.
Cut down internet time.
If you get interested in a theme,pick a book for it.
(let's say you have been thinking a lot about ships and fish and such:Pick up a book about ships ore marine life)

jhc, just read 20 pages a day that's one short novel a week

This. There should be no computer or phone in the room you're reading, at least until you stop being a pleb and can control yourself.

make it a habit to read at least an hour a day - at a specific time like before bed, or otherwise organize your life around some daily reading ritual, like take the bus instead of driving so you always have that hour or whatever of reading, every single day. admittedly this works well for me because i find it easy to resume a book the next day, everything just comes back to me the second i reopen the book even if i stopped in the middle of something complicated. it might not work for you if you can't handle this sort of disruption.

If you want specific works and authors, I would recommend JD Salinger's works or Ray Bradbury. Both are very simple but have a lot to say and are very enjoyable for someone who is just getting into literature. I recommend Catcher in the Ryr if you haven't already read it. It's a good starting point and a pretty easy read. If you have already read that, thenjoy Salinger's Nine Stories is good. It's just a collection of nine short stories by him. For Bradbury, Farenheit 451 is a good place to start, but if you've read that one too, I'd say go with Martian Chronicles then.

The advice I was given was to read just five pages a day.

If you read five pages a day, that's five more than the average person.

Maybe you'll become interested and read more than five pages as it becomes more natural. But set a goal of five, and consider yourself to have completed your goal if you read five.

This

This is pretty good advice. Everyone can find the time to read at least five pages.

reading is for faggots

I started reading a bit 2 weeks ago, im on my 3rd book now but I read on my computer because I dont have the patience to wait for books, will it fuck my eyes up if i keep doing it?

-not op

It probably will.
You blink a lot less.
And you are actively staring at a light,that vibrates (just a little bit,but it does)
But it will take a considerable ammount of time.

Meme it

Good lord this forum is shit

>get a library card
>rent a book you want to read
>read it

Read for 15 minutes before bed.
Make yourself read it, once you make it a habit it won't be like you're forcing yourself.

>forum

this is reddit

hi guys, similar state as OP and looking for some book advice:

I hadn't finished a book in six years, then I decided to stop being a fuck and just pick up something and read it -- so I finished Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and The Bell Jar, and right now I am sporadically reading poems from Love is a Dog From Hell.

I'm in kind of a stagnant point in my life (just graduated uni), I am unsure about what I want out of life, and am generally fearful about the future. I know there has to be a book that captures this feeling or state in a beautiful way -- do you guys know of one?

Or are there any other books you guys read in your early twenties that were particularly impactful?

Bible