English translation

>English translation
>Latin fragments left untranslated

>any translation without the original on the facing page

> OP read Ulysses in English translation from Scots and expects the Latin translated as well

boo hoo fag

>he can't divine the meaning of the words from the context
Sad!

Could you teach Latin by having a book start in English with Latin phrases and progressively introduce more Latin?

I have old English translations of Kierkegaard and the Greek is left as is with no footnotes.

Just fucking kill me.

Then learn Greek then moron.

Hans H. Orberg can do that without any English.

Like I have time to learn a quasi dead language. I have an occupation, ya dingus. I'm also already bilingual you American pigchild. You're not fit to lick the sweat off my balls.

No fucking excuse, son.

Latin and Greek are simple as fuck. Only Americans would complain about their difficulty.

I'd say Greek is pretty difficult, given the complexity of the verb forms. Really, what language aside from Sanskrit, Chinese, and Japanese is -that- much more difficult?
But more to the point a language, regardless of its difficulty, still takes a lot of time to learn.

I took Latin in high school and can make out basic phrases.

But no I don't have time to learn a language, even an 'easy' one like Greek because I have a (((job))). But you couldn't make it more obvious that you're a monolingual bitch.

No multilingual patrician talks about language the way you do. You're a fat American and you don't even live in one of the decent coastal states. I wouldn't let you suck the precum from my cock, Michael.

> Monolingual
Nope. Not even remotely.

Quisque laborat, amice. Causaris te, verum, si degeres minus temporis in filis de lingua, in tabula Patagonia ovium pastorum, atque re vera disceres illa lingua, orator melior esses. Carpe diem.

I study Sanskrit.

*illam linguam
ἐνιοτε εἰμι ἀμαθης, ῥωμων γλωσσα ἐστι βαρβαριkη, kαν εἰμι ἀδεινος.

>in tabula Pagagonia ovium pastorum

What were you referencing here?

>atque

Should be et

>orator

I don't think he's trying to become an orator and I don't think you could sight-read your way out of a paper bag.

> What were you referencing here?
That meme where we call this website something like a Patagonian shepherds' board, or whatever.

Et and atque are interchangeable, but with atque giving a little more division.

An 'orator' is a 'speaker'. Don't be obtuse.

Nice lack of accents bro

Greek accents are next to useless.

So are genders and silent letters in most languages, but they're still part of the language.

>translating the Latin

That's not what translation is for. If you were reading a translation of a Latin text that'd be one thing, but the little Latin phrases used in non-Latin texts are understood independent of language. You wouldn't translate et cetera would you?

Genders and silent letters are not 'useless'; accents are not required for understanding or composition.

Not him, but you managed to include the spiritus lenis, and yet you didn't bother with the rest, which is plebeian.

If Aristotle didn't use accents, neither do I.

>et and atque are interchangeable

You wouldn't use generally use atque to join clauses the way you did. Read the definition of "atque" in a good dictionary.

>That meme where we call this website something like a Patagonian shepherds' board, or whatever.

You said "In a Patagonian board of shepherds of sheep" - a very awkward sentence. Why are the shepherds shepherds of sheep? Is there any other kind of shepherd?

>An 'orator' is a 'speaker'.

An orator is a formal, public speaker, not a speaker of a language.

Aristotle didn't write the accents but he knew them. If you don't know the accent of the word you don't really know the word.

>translate et cetera

I'm sure you're smarter than this.
He obviously isn't talking about petty things like this, but fragments, big fragments.

He also didn't write anything.

autism