Are these the 12 best books in the world?

Are these the 12 best books in the world?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yqQ7tU26Q6E
dailymotion.com/video/x4a8qd5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The only genuinely good book on that list is P&P.

I was browsing through it, scrolling down, and (literally) going to shitpost a line on how it is shit since it doesn't have John Green in it. But then ... I reached the end of the list.

Absolutely

>7 female authors
>5 male authors
Women confirmed better?

yes, pretty much

objectively? yes.

>hunger gays
>twilight kissing
>gay potter
>chronicles of erections
>gone with the nigger
>the giving penis
>fault in our ass

all bad books the rest are ok

I'll be real with you, I thought P&P was very dry. Liked the message and it was very loaded writing, but it was still a slog.

for real though this list obviously has a sample bias. Obviously the only people who use goodreads are teenage girls.

You're wit is unsurpassed

No, they're just very popular among goodreads users. Also what you got against The Book Thief? It's a solid children's book.

I never knew that Pride and Prejudice was so popular. They must be assigning it a lot in school lately.

Consider how normies lift weights to "tone up" and think Justin Bieber is massive
Then consider how members of the actual fitness community take lifting seriously, and think people like zyzz are relatively small.
Point is, if somebody is shit at fitness, they will have shit taste regarding fitness.

Same with books. Those books are very popular and very easy to read. The quality of the book has little to do with either of those things.
The best prose is something even professors will read 10 or so times to soak it in. The books on that list are essentially children's books, along with king, patterson, etc.
Normies will buy the newest bowflex fitness thing and read the hunger games.
But anybody who knows what theyre doing starts off with a barbell and the greeks.
(I used the lifting analogy because its pretty obvious normies are weak as shit when you compare their numbers to people who train properly, but unlike a number opinion about books is more subjective)

(you)

as someone who came over from Veeky Forums, you just convinced me to start with the greeks. I have one question about the pic though, do i start with mythology and then iliad? or do i read trojan war before iliad? and how abourt odyssey? do i read the fragments before it? what after? i dont get the order in which i should read them basically.

Absolutely, these are the best selling books

>all these stupid questions

pfft just read something else

its always been popular. Especially in the UK. Only recently has Harry Potter overtaken it as their most read national literature.

anyone serious answer?

Nope. Even the Bionicle Legends were better than all those.

Your question is wrong.

Read some history book on ancient greece, then Mythology, then Iliad, then Odyssey.

Read in the order of the pic.
If you discuss books on here you will get recommendations for others.
By the time you read one you will learn of three more, and so on until your backlog grows to like 50 books.
So read the order in the pic, but research what else to read as you read the books.

AnCo are awful

Just follow the colored lines and words.

only to those who consider these twelve to be the best in the world

to kill a mockingbird and pride and prejudice are good, the rest is shit

I've never really been a fan of To Kill a Mocking Bird. I appreciate it, but it's always just been a meme to me, and not even the good kind of meme like Infinite Jest. Pride and Prejudice is definitely great, though.

"Start with the Greeks" was a meme response to anyone interested in philosophy that somehow spiraled into literature.

Read the Iliad, then the Odyssey. If you like the Greeks, obviously read more, but those two are the only real "required" reading

I picked up To Kill a Mockingbird the other day because I haven't read it since I was a kid. I'm kind of hesitant to read it on the bus or at work because I don't want to be seen reading middle school books.

No, hell animal farm is not even orwells best work

you lack wit

Just tear off the cover of another paperback book that you're done reading, and don't care about, and tape it on.

Subjectively?
Yes

I was going to say you should get a spine but a guy I know got harassed in the subway for reading a book about nam because of the cover. if you don't think anyone will start shit then just read as is, what do you care what strangers think

what is? 1984?

Holy shit this

protip: see them live
honestly they're 100% a better band live, it's a completely different experience

To Kill a Mockingbird
Animal Farm
Pride & Prejudice
The Giving Tree

everything else is blegh

I was in a bad mood and put it down after the first few pages of monologue.

i fucking kek'd idgaf

There is nothing wrong with hitchhikers guide in all honesty

Putting down 1 star is a good choice for the Book Thief, what a shit show that book is

A twee YA book set during the holocaust is as tasteless as you can get, on par with writing a book about magicians battling it out in the Twin Towers on 9/11, or a Hunger Games style love triangle set in Stalin's Gulag

>Le young adult bo0ks are bad meme XDD

What I was thinking besides the last

youtube.com/watch?v=yqQ7tU26Q6E
dailymotion.com/video/x4a8qd5