Don De Lillo about Freud

in Cosmopolis De lillo writes Freud is finishe, Einstein's next, If someone red the book can explain what he meant?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ATxi0_-7HqQ
arxiv.org/abs/1310.8539
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Freud's theories are now dismissed as pseudo-science. I can't remember that exact passage, so I don't know what that would imply for Einstein exactly. Stuff like time dilation has been empirically verified, so Einstein will be a harder nut to crack than Freud. I'm sure it will happen eventually, it could take a few hundred years though. Even then Einstein's physics won't be dismissed, it'll just be updated.

mmh, do you think that more liberal viewpoints took over the psychoanalysis?

Contemporary therapists usually use some version of "Cognitive Behavioral Therapy." I have no idea who invented that or even how it works. Freud was pretty beloved by the left, considering how his ideas seemed like a justification for sexual license. All the world's problems could be solved if we stopped repressing things, including sexual desire, or so they thought. It was easy to dismiss political opponents as pathology cases, victims of oedipal thoughts and anal-sadistic childhoods.

It got quite ridiculous, to the point where tools like arrows and spears became "phallic symbols" and represented man's "desire to penetrate." I don't know if Freud himself said anything that dumb, but his more retarded successors on the left never stopped to think that an arrow shaped like a vagina would be a shitty arrow.

>Freud's theories are now dismissed as pseudo-science.
No, they aren't. Fucking Americans stuck in the 90s.

freud's ideas about homosexuality ain't liberal though

I don't have sauce, but hasn't rhe theory of relativity been recently dismissed?

no

You're all fucking brain dead trout. Disgusting.

If you want work that's moving beyond the limited Einsteinian cosomology look into the theoretical physicist Lee Smolin:
youtube.com/watch?v=ATxi0_-7HqQ
arxiv.org/abs/1310.8539

>Freud was pretty beloved by the left, considering how his ideas seemed like a justification for sexual license
Freud if anything was conservative, he wasn't really much of a critical thinker and thougth sexual pathologies could/should be managed for the survival of civilization as he saw it... you're thinking of someone like William Reich who Freud distanced himself from even though he was just taking Freuds reason to its logical ends

Einstein's GR doesn't fit the current Standard Model in quantum physics with certain things thus it's a bit outdated like Newton's laws.

Pretty sure DeDillo was having his young narrator speak arrogantly and dismissively about the notion of who shapes the collective consciousness of the world.

It used to be these hallowed intellectuals but now it's tech moguls, VCs, terrorists etc who form the sociopolitical reality we live in.

almost none of this is right

why did it take this long for the right answer

Freud just made shit up instead of using the scientific method, double blind tests, and peer reviews like a proper scientist. It's all pseudo science.

56:55 "Big black holes"

Cool video, thanks.

hehehehehe

What's wrong with it in your opinion?

Yes but as we all know on Veeky Forums that you don't have to read an author's books to love them.

>eating Popper's feces
>2016

This.

The main character from what I remember is a lost individual that looks at time and reality based upon trade and commerce.

Freud, or the Oedipal model for psychoanalysis, was killed by Deluze (as much as a philosopher can be killed, Freud is still relevant).

Einstein, or his General Relativity, will be killed by whoever can reconcile physics at the quantum level with our understanding of GR; sort of how Einstein "killed" newton.

The scientific method is just made up shit, it hasn't been verified by the scientific method double blind tests and peer reviews like proper science. It's all pseudoscience.

kill yourself idiot

This

You faggot materialists are tomorrow's laughingstock

There's not much difference between the words Freud and fraud.

That should tell you something.