I close my eyes and watch some birds. This vision lasts only a second, maybe less; I don’t know how many birds I saw...

I close my eyes and watch some birds. This vision lasts only a second, maybe less; I don’t know how many birds I saw. Was their number defined or not? This problem also includes inside it the problem of the existence of God. If there is a God, the number is determined, as God knows how many birds I saw. If God does not exist, this number is not determined, as no one could count them. In this case, I saw, let’s say, less than ten birds and more than one, but I didn’t see nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three or two birds. I saw a number of birds between ten and one, which is neither nine, nor eight, nor seven, nor six, nor five etc. This integer is inconceivable; therefore, God exists.

Yeah this screencap is the only thing I've ever seen on the internet that has made me literally seethe with rage. I'm still clenching; fists, jaw and rectum alike.

i always thought a lot of women would like kate gompert but i guess sometimes you read for a specific purpose

>ART HAS TO CONFORM TO MY ETHICAL AND MORAL STANDARDS. ANY ART THAT DOESNT CONFORM TO MY VIEWPOINT IS TRASH
Are there really people this close minded in this world?

But she's right

the most appalling thing in this screencap for me is the state that the book is in after (supposedly) ten days of reading. what the fuck?

What are used books.

sadie be cry

something plebs buy, dunno?

>considers himself patrician
>would rather buy a book for $20-30 than $5-10
That's how a pleb spends money.

what makes you think new books in my country cost that much?
if i recall correctly, i bought IJ for about ten bucks.

IJ cost me $15

Canada has very expensive books. Even used books are considered cheap at $2-5 bucks a pop. unless you go to major urban centres used books wont be found much cheaper than that.

Go check the BBC on Hollywood inequality.

I love it when capitalism and equality combine, because, they inflate into this farty bubble everyone smells but they don't know they're even smelling it - all they are is angry and confused.

ARE WE ANGRY AND CONFUSED IN HERE? WELL GOOD.

i hate niggers so goddamn much

It's a shitty book but he clearly made a conscious attempt to include minority perspectives. It's an important part of why it's shit.

It's a good book you didn't even read. Stop memeing

Just remember this if you think about supporting leftist politics. This is what they create.

I have read it, start to finish, endnotes too. I read every single pathetic attempt to impress and bore the reader, I suffered through every single chemical formula this hack copied out of a pharmaceutical textbook, I sat through the most boring descriptions of sports in literary history, just so I could tell you, a DFW fan, that it's shit, and I know it's shit.

why don't you *khngg* write a book about it?

Heh....faggot

Top four favorite parts?

You can't appreciate the big hollow clockwork of the notoriously Tin Man of POMO? You don't like His embarrassing emulations of Pynchon or His damn fine one of Lynch? Plenty of it is shit and plenty of it is Au. Maybe you're a fucking idiot? Have you considered this?

Maybe you're out of your league?

That's some *kngg* mighty sharp opinion. Don't full too fast me boy.

Not that guy but the scene where he is clipping his nails is great.

That one's great. I like when Mario reaches out to the guy pretending to be homeless.