Which of these states is the most Veeky Forums?

Which of these states is the most Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All of them. New England is the only Veeky Forums part of the country. Why do you think all the important publishers are in NYC hmm?

definitely not WV, we have 2 or 3 worthwhile writers

Massachusetts without a doubt.

Trick question. The answer is none, all of them are in the US.

Maine.

Mass for Infinite Jest
Maine for Stephen King

This

New England seems so comfy. One day I'll marry a New England jewess and have patrician babies

>NYC
>in new england

the answer is on a lake in VT or NH, or on a craggy rock-ocean in southern maine

NYC is in New York, a state in the New England region of America.

no.

That's the dream, user. I'd like to move to Connecticut, Vermont, or New Hampshire to begin the rest of my life with my jewess.

That map is not new england, but the three most Veeky Forums places I've seen there are Cambridge, Portland Maine, and the southern regions of new hampshire and vermont, where there are 5 little used book stores a town

Absolutely not true.

I live on Winni, confirmed that no one is sitting reading except for trashy housewife faire.

>Jews
>New England

Maybe in and around southern CT and Hartford, and in Brookline, MA. Otherwise I would go for a WASP

Rural new england, even most waterfront areas, is more redneck or white trash and less literary lifestyle. I've lived here for more than a decade and trust me you're more likely to find trashy romance readers than anything else, if they read at all.

>WASP

What's that?

Virginia because Virginia Woolf
t. virginian

Also, don't forget about Tom Wolfe.

WHITE
ANGLO
SAXON
PROTESTANT

Stephen King is Cervantes compared with David Foster Wallace.

Having slept with multiple New England Jewesses let me assure you, there's nothing patrician about them. Don't fall for the Jewish Jew.

Oh right.. New Englanders themselves have a more specific idea of what the new england states are. For some it means the whole northeast north of, sometimes including, Maryland. I've met some people who think it's just the 13 original colonies though I don't know why that would be.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England
user it's a region that's pretty set in stone, there isn't a debate on what states are in it

>how to get punched in nyc

Jesus I didn't know it was that specific. Only ever heard the phrase thrown around loosely.

The more you know.

Literally no one thinks the Midatlantic is New England. The eastern regions of the US are based in very real cultural and economic boundaries that have existed since Europe start settling. Im from Philadelphia and PA, Jersey, Delaware and Maryland have far more in common with eachother than with Virginia or New England. There is some of Appalachia which is another distinct region jutting into PA but its easy to classify the east of the state as safely Midatlantic. New York and NYC is where it gets tricky. Western NY is a weird kind of Canadian/midwestern hybrid AFAIK but havent spent much time. NYC has always sort of stood alone as its own thing, its a big international metropolis and you mostly get what you would expect from a big international city.

Idk wtf the map in the OP is trying to display, I guess just a broad Northeast US categorization.

And as a native of Midatlantic I can easily say both New England and the South have better literary traditions. I guess New England has a history of being educated well rounded citizens and the South has enough pseudo-old world holdover and unique turmoil. Midatlantic has been mostly just industry and farmlands for a long time without a strong social mythology to it. Probably because the people are divided between different more or less self contained groups (Amish, Irish, Blacks, Italians) and they all want to be left the fuck alone.

relax. you're either from delaware or maryland, two of the top 5 most shit-tier states in the country.

NE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mid. atl.

Im from philadelphia like i said

I agree DE is absolutely shit tier and I do like new england a lot. I just have geographical autism is all

Literary traditions of the US:

New England > Southeast > West > Central South > Mid-Atlantic > Midwest > Southwest >>> Plains

northwest? new york?

New Jersey

i feel like the northeast is probably the second most Veeky Forums place in America, right? or is it just pseuds?

>resident of midwest now, want to move to southwest

>Having slept with multiple New England Jewesses let me assure you, there's nothing patrician about them. Don't fall for the Jewish Jew.

What's wrong with them, mate?

Yeah Cambridge is an interesting place because of all the schools. Definitely Veeky Forums. You get a lot of crust punks and D&D nerds thrown in there too. Lots of young shitheads around from Harvard and MIT though.

Very true. At least for western mass.

Holyoke and Amherst areas are Veeky Forums as fuck

Oh yeah and probably Dartmouth too.

I will say that I live in a vacation area and there are tons of pretentious Europeans who come to ski and read novels by roaring fires at local bars near the mountain.

I'd honestly say one of the New England states. In New Jersey there is just a ton of trash culture, but many of the New England towns I've walked through have been sort of like small art communities. Also, in all of the towns along to coast of Maine you will find multiple locally run used book stores.

As someone who has been to almost every state, I can confirm this.

Of course its literate, the cold weather keeps the coloreds away, and the absolutely barren welfare states in maine and new hampshire (in maine you actually owe the state labor for a welfare check) means that poors who arent willing to live in redneck trailers in the wilderness dont come up here.

Heroin is sorta ruining that, but there will be some great novels coming out of that.

what is happening to are new england? why the heroin?

>do you even Mid-Atlantic Region

No one thinks that, you're just ignorant.

>Heroin is sorta ruining that, but there will be some great novels coming out of that.

Most addiction literature is boring as shit famalam.

Does the northwest even have a literary tradition?

You're right though, NYC alone would probably beat everything else on that list.

dunno re: northwest, just seemed like it wasn't in any of the others. also, i definitely dont consider new york and new jersey as mid atlantic. PA either, though the guy from philly in this thread does.

English people without all the British shit sounds fucking amazing tbqh

>picture of Maine down to Virginia
>New England
Don't they teach you foreigners anything or just European "history"?

im from jersey

and not even the jersey where writers come from. im basically down in the south where abes tits are. its just like alabama.

the best i could ever do with this area is write about how fucking angry and backwards everyone is. lived in nc for a little and i always felt like a dick because i would honk at someone and be like "fucking go already" and they would end up apologizing. usually i get a finger

>New Jersey there is just a ton of trash culture
t. someone who's only experience with new jersey is with their tv

OK GOT IT ALREADY, THANKS!

Eh, Philly is definitely Mid-Atlantic. New Jersey and New York are less so, but I'd still put them in that region before any other.

Jersey needs to be nuked to oblivion.

CT here. It's ok. I live within 10 miles of the Mark Twain house. I've never been.

>the cold weather keeps the coloreds away
are you OK user

Pennsylvania because that's where I live

215 BOYZ

confirmed for least Veeky Forums

William F. Buckley, is that you?

providence here. you should go - the twain stuff isn't that interesting, but the house itself is dope.

the truth

Here is my central mass public library. It wasn't until I moved around the country that i realized how little the public outside of New England valued literacy and scholarship.

It's happening everywhere, just more attention bc it's mostly white kids dying and it's more concentrated. Short version- tons of people in the US use prescription pills like opiods recreationally as teens or are prescribed them at some point and become addicted. Those pills are expensive so many people have turned to heroin, which is cheaper and easier for many to get. Add in unemployment and lack of opportunities creating a circle of addiction.

(including IJ DESU, though DF did get some interesting material via shady appropriation)

I live in Rhode Island and it's fucking miserable. Providence is 3rd rate and the rest of the state is just one big suburbia.

Don't even know why my family settled here when any of the other states are preferable and all within a 4 hour drive.

Needless to say, nobody reads.

They're all pretty Veeky Forums... Maybe not so much CT.

>tfw you know like 15 people who have died in the last year
>they were all typical all american kids in highschool

>In New Jersey there is just a ton of trash culture
you are probably a shoobie that got told off for being a lil bitch during your little summer retreat. nj is fine but its strict. people cling to groups and families and we have a lot of pride in our area.

i for one hate people from PA because they end up coming to my shore and acting like they are in college again. fuck you and your family, i dont care how fun it is to boogie board and yell at the boardwalk. you are a human in public, act respectable.

>this whole post

fuck new jersey

That all sounds incredibly trashy.

>i for one

reddit

>CT

Whats wrong with Connecticut?

>ITT PA
PA is nj without the shore, at least eastern PA

Nobody cares about any of that. Someone said NJ was trashy and you were kind enough to confirm it.

>state rivalries
Literally the trashiest thing of all.

the only thing PA has going for it is thinking it's better than NJ, bleak place

nail on the head. thanks for the confirmation

nyc is very lit, the rest of New York State not so much. Richard Russo and William Kennedy and that's about it. I guess New York is mid Atlantic even though some upstate parts are farther north than some southern New England.

I'm born and raised my friend. Also went to college here.

who /portlandmaine/ here

I'm not from there, but in a couple of weeks I'm moving up to the midcoast region.

New Jersey is full of niggers, guidos, spics and Irish. The classier places are full of Jews. And you have a few inbred rednecks wandering around the pine barrens.
Face it, the whole state is a toxic waste dump.

What would you consider PA then? I can imagine the western parts more Great Lakes or Appalachia but east and central PA are very Midatlantic. And how no Jersey? Jersey stereotypes are probably the closest thing to a MidAtlantic stereotype we'll ever get. Seasonal parking lot lands where theres crowds of kids trying to be their favorite california approved clique. I guess that applies to most of the US tho lol im crying inside

Ay philly here i feel you. My family used to have a fishing shack in cumberland county until the town (sea breeze) was forced to abandon itself by the county. South jersey is really pretty much alabama, you even have a fucking pine forest and heavy KKK presence.

Outside of Boston, New England is the rust-belt-before-the-rust-belt. Industry left NE is the 30s for the Midwest, it left the Midwest for abroad in the 70s.

JWU or PC?

Just around the Ivy Leagues...you plebs

i grew up in providence, don't live there anymore. definitely would never have gone to either of those shit-tier schools.

if you're not originally from NE, you're legit just not invited. everyone probably hates you, you have no idea where to go, and no one wants you to stay.

i'm sorry, you have to go back.

I am, and you should feel free to fuck off.

this is pretty true, up to a point
DO sleep with them
don't marry one though
they turn into jewish mothers

How do you feel about the fact that video games single handedly ruined your state?

have u met sam hyde

I was too young to care at the time. Looking back it was pretty funny and I wouldn't expect anything less.

No. Does he live in RI? Wiki says MDE is based in Mass.

/wma/ here.
Amherst embodies the stereotype to a t, but holyoke is depressing urban decay and a volleyball museum.

Massachusetts probably, though I've never been there myself.

Besides, aren't you better off taking inspiration from the area with which you have the greatest experience? Wouldn't you rather tell the untold stories of the place that you're from?

>A wild frenchman appears

become jersey's flannery o'conner

PA fag here, born and raised in Appalachia.

It is Pennsyltucky in my part of the state. Pittsburgh is an interesting blend of blue collar folks and liberal metropolites, but that's about it. The Northwest is just Ohio jr, the Southwest is just West Virginia. We have no literary tradition and nobody reads outside of the city limits.

We only take comfort in the fact that we are not Ohio or WV.

New York isn't part of New England

maryland cause im here

WHITE
ANGLO
SAXON
PHERETIC