Reminder that you're not a true intellectual until you have read the complete works of both Aristotle and Plato...

Reminder that you're not a true intellectual until you have read the complete works of both Aristotle and Plato, the founding fathers of all intellectual activities.

They together should be around 5000 pages, so get started.

Even Aristotle considered Plato's shit to be retarded. Aristotle's ideas were either dispoven, or superseded by later thinkers. Apart from pure historical curiosity, there's no real reason to read either.

>Aristotle's ideas were either dispoven, or superseded by later thinkers
>Law of noncontradiction and excluded middle are wrong

Stfu.

Meant to be a reply to this guy:

>Aristotle's diea were disproven
No they weren't you stupid asshole. SOME of them were, not all his ideas were correct, but many of them are a) correct and b) formed western society as we know it, regardless of being correct or not

Nah, read the complete works of Nietzsche instead

>Aristotle's ideas were either dispoven, or superseded by later thinkers
>HAHAHAHA

>formed western society as we know it, regardless of being correct or not
You're fucking retarded if you think that. Western society, like any society, was mostly illiterate until 19 century, and Aristotle's works weren't even traslated from greek or available to general public until late medieval

In Europe, but in Arab he was like Justin Bieber

So.. popular among teenage girls?

An interesting fact about Raphael's School of Athens. Even the colors Plato and Aristotle are wearing is supposed to represent their thinking.

Plato is wearing colors that represent fire and air, elements that go towards the sky, his realm of forms.

Aristotle's colors represent water and earth, more down to earth elements, just like his thinking.

Shut the fuck up you faggot. The theology of the middle ages is basically Aristotle and Plato 2.0, the modern battle between rationalist schools and empiricists schools is basically a battle between Plato and Aristotle, continental and analytic divide is the same thing as well...

>water and earth, just like his thinking
You mean like piss and shit. Just like his thinking.

>being this edgy

Nietzsche is the third wheel of the meme trilogy of philosophy.

Heraclitus would probably have that role if his work survived in a meaningful way.

>meme trilogy of philosophy
why?

because people make a meme out of him?

not his fault, though.

What does that even mean?

All the intellectual works of history had been distilled for me through the form of my grandpappy's garden stories. I have no need to read the bloated written monstrosities.

RIP grandpappy :(

You should read Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury.

>The theology of the middle ages is basically Aristotle and Plato 2.0

Wasn't theology in the middle ages The Holy Bible and whatever the Catholic church said it was?

>the founding fathers of all intellectual activities.
You're a moron.

Aristotle had a system, plato had a vision.
Neither of them were really extraordinary in my opinion.
Aristotle was correct for seeing through the falsehoods of prior greek thinkers, particularly when it came to them wanting to name various aspects of nature as causes.

The only reason to read greek philosophy is for context pertaining to aristotle and plato, and the only reason to read those two is for context pertaining to scholastic philosophy.
18th and 19th century philosophers show complete ignorance to aristotle, plato, and scholasticism. They are like little babies. In. My. Humble. Opinion.