Schizo books

all good books with the main plot of a character becoming progressively insane? i love the way that authors portray the abstract thoughts of the schizophrenic/psychotic.

Not really "insanity", but Crime and Punishment seems an obvious pick here for what you want.

The Tomb by H.P. Lovecraft
it's a short story, but I'm sure you'll be satisfied

Diary of a Madman by Gogol and Dostoevsky's derivative of it, The Double.

Wouldn't everything by Lovecraft fit the bill here?

I've only read the tomb and the call of cthulu so far, I have a book of his complete works

im also interested in this

also
Dostoyevsky is fucking garbage

for those looking for insanius books, google clowns and browns, the micheal heisman suicide note, the unabomber manifesto

Kill yourself

commit immediate suicide

The unabomber manifesto is really quite impressive so far (I've read about a quarter of it). However a lot of the criticisms he has of the left could very easily be said of the right. Its just human psychology that is the problem: say/believe you are doing one thing, do the opposite of what you say you are doing. Or at best half and half.

>not a single post of Hunger

Pleb hour is over

kys

The Crying of Lot 49 but it's never clear whether she really went insane

What's it like enjoying the works of a slapstick sensationalist journalist?

gravity's rainbow

American Psycho.

Better than parroting the beliefs of other people like the prototypical pseud middlebrow megafaggot.

oh my god.

Nabokov's?

almost anything by dovstoyevsky applies to OP, really

I don't know, man. It definitely gives the reader a felling of becoming progressive more insane, but most of the characters hardly seem to lose it in any kind of traditional way.
They're all kind of insane to begin with and the whole book is crazy like an acid trip, but the people tripping remain relatively normal considering the circumstances.

Unless you think of it as the omnipotent narrator becoming more and more inane. That's definitely a possibility when you consider how the narrator breaks in stream of consciousness a lot. That could be like the reader is in the book which also fits the post-modern ideas,like how the book itself plays a part in the plot.

Crazy stuff, man.

reading Moby Dick for the same reasons. 200 pages in and it's dragging now. The prose is lyrical of course but plot is a bit too slow :(

A Scanner Darkly. As his psyche splits into two, an undercover narcotics agent is tasked with tracking down his own alternate identity.

Anti-Oedipus - Deleuze & Guattari

The Bell Jar

The second part of Molloy would fit the bill.

you bloody motherfucker

A School for Fools is GOAT. I've read it in Russian though, not sure how the translation goes.

The Black Monk - Anton Chekhov

Wtf dude how could you say something bad about Dosty?

Don't you realise it's normal behaviour to like him on this board?

Don't you want to fit in? Are you a middlebrow pseudo intellectual pleb nu-male cuck hoi polloi or something?

already read american psycho and scanner darkly, wonderful books

Pale fire . It's probably the best description of a psychotic episode from a pacients point of view , the protagonist doesnt realize just how absurd his thoughts and beliefs are, plus it has great prose and it's funny

literally anything by PKD