Ender's Game

My girlfriend's sister keeps telling me I should read Ender's Game. She says I'll like it since I seem to enjoy thoughtful books.

Is there anything of worth in this book? It sounds a bit shit.

It's utter garbage. By all means do not read it. I'm serious. It's a waste of time

Whatever you do, do NOT read this book man.

Seriously. I'm warning you not to read it.

You have bad taste. This novel is brilliant and very well written. And there's a reason the military keeps it on the official reading lists for future military personnel. It's very relevant and I can't see enough how very well written that book is.

Yes, I get annoyed about those series books. I usually just like a novel to have one story and let that be it. But Ender's Game is good to me that it's one of my favorites and it's worth it just for the ending. One of the best endings of a novel ever.

A+ trolling mate. You almost had me going for a second there.

Can you give me a couple reasons why it's shit that I can throw at her?

1) It's trash
2) It's for sissy manlets
3) It's a children's storybook

I read it as a freshman in high school and it was incredibly boring, angsty, and just stupid.

You really do have bad taste. I can tell from your disdain of this novel that you are one of those fedora wearing atheist memetic minded /pol/tards that probably has no empathy so you probably also agree with false, antiquated 19th century Social Darwinist ideologies. I know this just by your disdain for the book. We both know I'm right.

>check em

You're struggling with theory of mind if you think OP would get anything out of reading this book.

Read his post again. "I'm a whiny anti-intellectual douche. Give me some ammunition I can throw at a woman who wants me to read a book for once in my miserable life."

P.S. you have autism.This is actually one of my favorite series although I prefer the later books.

>It's for sissy manlets
This applies to you too You're proving right with these kind of statements.

>This is actually one of my favorite series although I prefer the later books.

You're also a fucking liar with no shame. You also can't recognize that I know you're lying and that I'm right about your personality stated here >You really do have bad taste. I can tell from your disdain of this novel that you are one of those fedora wearing atheist memetic minded /pol/tards that probably has no empathy so you probably also agree with false, antiquated 19th century Social Darwinist ideologies. I know this just by your disdain for the book. We both know I'm right.

You're an 'alt-right' fag who got brainwashed by free speech antics like racist memes and misogynistic memes I helped spread on /b/ a decade ago.
>I'm also not white btw
You are basically a newfag is what it is, you just got here and you're so brand new you don't realize you're brainwashed by memes. You are a meme I helped to create, I created you. Memes truly are mind control.

>ad hominem

So easy two retards can do it.

Hey guys can I chime in?

I'm an alt-right "fag" as you put it, and I rather enjoyed Ender's Game.

OP, if you wanna read it, just go ahead and read it. Just don't expect anything to be intellectual or heavy handed or whatever. It's just a simple sci-fi military novel. Or really, not even military. It's just some kid going through a military camp with a twist at the end that makes it kinda have a punch to it.

I'm not exactly sure why people are saying it's trash and it's edgy and angsty. I mean yeah, the second one, Speaker for the Dead - that fucking shit was stupid and retarded on many levels, as well as god-awfully angsty, but Ender's Game? Nah. Ender's Game is pretty ok. It's a 7/10. 6/10 at the worst parts.

I just liked the greater and more cosmopolitan variety of settings in Xenocide and Children of the Mind better. It's a little more space opera-like.

But please, tell me more about my politics. I sure do hate jews and blacks, right? It's not possible that I could be Jewish, right?

>I'm an alt-right "fag" as you put it, and I rather enjoyed Ender's Game.

Maybe you like Ender's Game for the wrong reasons. You might also like Starship Troopers for the wrong reasons too, like those people not realizing this novel is not glorifying violence like alt-right home-all-the-time-on-the-computer fascists would think of it. The violence is meant to be satirical, almost comical in its portrayal of gory violence and portrayals of casual racism and racial slurs against the bugs.

It's good if you don't mind reading at a fourth grade level, I finished it in an afternoon and found it entertaining.
OSC is based as well read some of his other stuff as well.

You seem to be the retarded leftist that doesn't really understand what fascism is and how it can be leftist too, and you also are strawmanning like a motherfucker, projecting all the things you see as bad on people that haven't even implied it, i suggest you think about your stupid black and white view of the world because murrikan politics are going to start suffering a level of polarization you have never truly experienced unlike some of us that come from less fortunate places. You are as bad as retards voting for trump.

Apathic and cynic center is the only right answer.

You're putting more thought in to reading it than the time it takes to read.

if you like sci-fi, it's a good enough read. I'd probably recommend it as a good spot to start if you're new to considering meaning behind a story deeper than the literal narrative, but if you're not autistic, you can skip it if it doesn't sound like something you'd like.

>Maybe you like Ender's Game for the wrong reasons.

Veeky Forums in a post

I read Starship Troopers too and liked it alot as well. I dunno. I mean I just read it as a book, like I did Ender's Game. I didn't try to bring in some retarded pseudo-intellectual political nonsense into it and try to apply my beliefs and values to it and all that shit. It's just a book.

its pretty good, despite what the late teens to early twenties college kids are trying to claim in this thread