Traditionalism

What are the most necessary pieces of literature concerning traditionalism which must be read in order to become well acquainted with the fundamental properties it is built upon?

Bonus points for graph, also for sequential recommendations concerning availability and ease of understanding.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditionalist_conservatism#Further_reading
juliusevola.it/risorse/template.asp?cod=154&cat=EVO&page=16
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Béla_Hamvas
goodreads.com/book/show/143548.Introduction_to_Magic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the greeks - /wsr/

What a great picture

>a demon assaulting brave warrior
>not someone trying to feed an ostrich with its head buried in the sand

This may be a bit ironic, but I am looking for more recent literary works as well. I am well aware of Julius Evola. Looking for lesser know titles.

I'm glad you enjoy it.

Sorry the picture is not befitting to your exceptionally high standards.

ideology that positions itself as 'going back' or otherwise going on the defensive is doomed to fail

I especially love that individuality, identity politics, and tradition are looked at as opposites when they aren't. What I enjoy is that it's a devil shooting out buzz words that make a certain crowd uncomfortable who aren't educated at all on what they're talking about socially who want to talk on social issues.

I do enjoy it.

why are you afraid of equality, individualism, and progress

"equality", "individualism", "progress". Went right over your head didn't it?

Great argument. Beautifully written and well substantiated.

>Great argument. Beautifully written and well substantiated.
it doesn't matter because it's true
I'm right wing but traditionalism (as well as conservatism) is a meme

I can't help but feel this is sarcasm.

>I'm right wing
>But right wing ideologies are memes

Remember that traditionalism is not located anywhere on the left/right spectrum you're accustomed to, but is in fact separated from it by the gulf of time, warped beyond recognition in a far off and prior dimension to which we can never return. any attempt at traditionalism today is either found in the backwater of the planet, isolated from the development of the civilization you are posting from, or spellbound to the downward spiral of pastiche, at the bottom of which is the stupid maw of quicksand today calling itself the alt-right.

>Great argument. Beautifully written and well substantiated.

You can't create a society that exists within the material and social contexts of the far past...because we simply don't have them. The only way to accomplish this would be to adapt previous ways into new ways, and I don't see a way of that happening then undercover coercion socially, especially with the internet from groups looking to push things this way or that.

There isn't a way for pure tradition as you're arguing to exist, because there's numerous different contexts we exist in that don't mesh. Society adapted for a reason based upon material conditions. At the moment, not very well however.

>I have sex with women
>but not with dead women

conservatives have always been controlled opposition and traditionalism is a pathetic cry for help
the New Right, neofascism and NRx are all right wing ideologies with potential

And you mean to say there can be no such thing as neo-traditionalism?

And what would you define as neo-traditionalism?

as a personal philosophy yeah sure
as a political project not really
it certainly can't come from Americans though

Traditionalism is mere nostalgia for a mirage.

>And you mean to say there can be no such thing as neo-traditionalism?
>The only way to accomplish this would be to adapt previous ways into new ways, and I don't see a way of that happening then undercover coercion socially, especially with the internet from groups looking to push things this way or that.

I don't see "neo-traditionalism" as a very flawed group of people on the internet working to influence the most needy and helpless on the internet, social outcasts, politically. I don't see it as very brave or admirable, in any sense of what it tries to uphold.

There's one thing you seem to agree upon with the people you hate, though I don't think you fully realize, that chivalry is dead and you want what you want. The contradictory obsession with sex within the frame of neo-traditionalism makes it cult like. Ironically like other traditionalist cults before it

Then again much of these groups wanting to politically influence people in this age are cult like.

*as anything more than a very flawed group of people

I meant.

Check out "global rule 16", it's great

I came here asking for literature about traditionalism. I cannot even attempt a wild guess at what that would entail. I have a feeling you could do though, give it a go?

>as a personal philosophy yeah sure
Fair enough.

>as a political project not really
>it certainly can't come from Americans though

Care to elaborate a little further?

You both seem to be well versed, I do appreciate the discussion. A few recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

So everything is cult?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditionalist_conservatism#Further_reading

No fuck off back to /pol/.

Evola fucking hated America
juliusevola.it/risorse/template.asp?cod=154&cat=EVO&page=16
don't really care about Evola but this essay is spot on and funny as fuck too

>give it a go?

I coudn't possibly do something like that. I asked you to define it since you were the one who first mentioned it, but it appears you just threw it in the air without thinking it through.

>Hi guys I'm from /pol/
>Praise Kek
>I got btfo the other day
>please do my research for me and give me works that will help others to conform to my onesided racist views
>bonus points if there are graphs so I can shitpost with
>thanks
>trump making America Great Again

No, I didn't say that "everything is a cult", I don't know what you mean by that. I clearly said that organizations within the internet do indeed wish to pull people through manipulation politically. In mostly an ideological internet war, and the most manipulative among them have to sacrifice certain kinds of ideals and embrace contradiction to get to their more obvious goal of influencing people.

The problem is the primary goal here is influencing people. You get drama, backstabbing, people fighting over which is truth and which is not while acting counter to what they say they believe.

I don't see this any more clear than neo-traditionalist and neo-reactionary internet groups and the extreme social justice crowd. It's naturally a cult of worship to convert to a feel good way in an otherwise uncomfortable time.

Your minds are set without understanding the material, but understanding how to buy people into it.

The internet is a game of political influence currently. Most people on Veeky Forums no longer have love for the people within it, or the discussions to be had. This is a non-stop board to convert people into certain ideology, by people who aren't willing to put it to action besides suggest they read the literature.

Political radicalism has lost its spine to the point of converting people via the internet, far sleezier and manipulative than the greasiest used car salesman.

that boogin should really be called principles of romanticism and the enlightenment

modernism is pro-tradition, and attacks enlightenment notions of progress and equality, at least as ideals, thought the cult of the individual and the cult of the genius are preserved fairly well by modernism

what would you replace them with, spartan rank and file divisionality and the afflatus of the gods as the source of artistic production...

not another one of these threads please

>what would you replace them with, spartan rank and file divisionality and the afflatus of the gods as the source of artistic production...

I wouldn't. The point I was making was the image itself being silly as fuck to look at.

You sem to be mistaken. I asked whether or not neo-traditionalism could be a thing. I did not assert it as a possibility or that I had it all laid out.

I see that no one can be interested in something.

I see. Veeky Forums is a cult but not everything is cult. Thanks.

The majority of /pol/ try to convert their family and friends and a lot are successful
You underestimate the redpill, once you swallow it its nearly impossible to return to liberalism

Archeofuturism - Guillaume Faye

I want a society where citizenship is based on ethnicity, and social status firmly cast in an immobile structure where the holders of larger amounts of capital possess unique privileges codified into law

this will lay the groundwork for a society where families are forced to arrange marriages to maintain/marginally improve their position in the cast hierarchy, that way I won't have to deal with all these snotty sluts using sexual deprivation as a social weapon and can finally get married and thereby get laid

when's it gonna be my time lord, when's it gonna be my time

>I see. Veeky Forums is a cult but not everything is cult. Thanks.

Again that's not what I'm saying. I'm starting to think you aren't reading what I'm saying.

I didn't say Veeky Forums is a cult, but political organizations on the internet are more bent on conversion and dominance than the ideology in practice stood for. This solution never works well.

I don't see how you could misinterpret this.

>You underestimate the redpill, once you swallow it its nearly impossible to return to liberalism

Again the word "liberalism" as catch all for leftism. You underestimate the fragility of this as well.

If an unquestioning mind just as easily accepts these things they are very well also able to reject them for the newest fad during whatever controversial bought in, sensationalist time of anger and outrage.

The easier you can convince someone the more you should realize they might not be the best person to find to hold your systems of core beliefs.

You gave them a sales pitch and there isn't much to be done beyond that. It's not a permanent solution.

You care more about conversion into this culture of outrage than to actually look behind the ideology you see and how to put it into practice.

This is all too doomed to be in flux with easily bought people you've convinced.

And using redpill unironically when I'm criticizing that mindset, beyond being cringey itself, doesn't exactly disprove the critique I've made.

kek

I know, I'm asking on behalf of the universe to no one imparticular, your post just happened to be linked up with some earlier thoughts, stay well friend

I read it. If you examine this thread, you will see tiny bits and pieces of the cult mind radiating outwardly.

I'm not convincing them to believe anything, I'm convincing them to stop believing in the leftist propaganda. Big difference, as they are now immunized against globalist lies. Sit back and enjoy the rise of nationalism

>nationalism
What's in it for me? Just a bunch of flag- worship and ultimately pointless conflicts

>I'm not convincing them to believe anything, I'm convincing them to stop believing in the leftist propaganda

You missed my entire point, and this sentence is an oxymoron.

Your life? Dare I say.... tradition as well?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Béla_Hamvas

Higher wages, lower taxes, higher social trust, lower crime, etc.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Not an argument.

Calm down friend. I worry about leftist's blood pressures, they're all so excitable

>nationalism: the cargo cult we all can get behind

I know it's not. But I live in a quite nationalistic country and we certainly don't have "high wages" and "low crime". You're an American, right?

Shite thread desu

Where would that be? Don't see how that is relevant in any way, regardless, yes.

Patriotic people =/= nationalist government

Thanks for your excellent contribution.

It's relevant because you said that nationalism gives you x and y, and I live in a nationalistic country with no x and y.

So which of these two is required for higher wages etc?

That wasn't my post actually. Also, where?

Burke
de Maistre
Schmitt

i dont wanna start a new thread so im gonna ask here since someone already mentioned him, could someone recommend me necessary reading material from Julius Evola? and maybe some other lesser known works by others?

Yes. Mongulism must be overcome.

Revolt Against the Modern World
Metaphysics of War

You got it user
Neotchka Nezvanovna is a lesser-known work by someone other than Julius Evola
The Night Inspector is another
So is Destination: Void

Hobbes leviathan is the Bible of traditionalism. Study social contract theory if you want to know what traditions are all about.

You are a joke, but maybe some of these will help you become something more than a walking /pol/ meme.
Plato, Symposium, Laws, Republic, Trial, Meno and Phaedo
Aristotle, Ethics, Politics, Categories, Metaphysics
St Augustine, Confessions, City of God, Political Writings
Thomas Aquinas, Political Writings, Selected Writings
Hilaire Belloc, The Jews, The Servile State, Great Heresies, How the Reformation Happened
G. K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy Heretics
F. A. Hayek, Law, Legislation and Liberty, A Road to Serfdom
Alexander Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
Alasdair MacIntyre, After Virtue, Whose Justice Which Rationality, Dependant Rational Animals
Fredrick Copleston, 9 volumes of History of Philosophy
Edward Feser, Aquinas, Scholastic Metaphysics
Elizabeth Anscombe, Collected Philosophical Papers
Karl Schmidt, Political Theology

I'd read Anscombe's Modern Moral Philosophy before MacIntyre's After Virtue

So let me get this straight.

People cannot be interested in learning about certain things? Please explain.

your defensive stance is not helping you

Still no explanation here.

I don't think it's necessary, either way is fine.
But going chronological is a decent choice. MacIntyre thinks academic philosophy is just sophistic wankery so he wrote for everyone.
No, I think your views are a joke and at the moment you are a mouth breathing idiot from /pol/. That may change if you start reading.

Do you not realize I have no stated any views ITT whatsoever? Not one. All I did was ask for information. Congratulations on making baseless assumptions. Truly the epitome of an intellectual.

I'm confused. You seem like you have already decided what you believe and want to read more things confirming your views. Surely it would be more productive to read from a variety of viewpoints and try analyse your views from the perspectives they offer to confirm your views hold water

Complete opposite. That is why I came here, to request information because I figured Veeky Forums would be able to help. For the most part, I was correct. Aside from being called a mouth breathing idiot, racist, bigot etc., it was very successful and productive.

Having views doesn't mean you completely understand the workings they have, argumentation, reasoning, mindset, answering criticism etc.
Otherwise a platonist would read only the Republic and be done with reading anything ever.
Try not starting threads with dumb pol memes for starters.

Philosophy is so full of referrences and name dropping you honestly have to start with the Greeks and work your way forward. If you don't do that you are acting like a mouth breathing idiot, racist, bigot

Is this seriously about the picture? I picked it at random.

How bigoted of you.

How do you randomly pic a retarded pol meme?
Also, your 'I'm so persecuted' attitude on fucking Veeky Forums is obnoxious.

>finally finished moving in to my freshman dorm
>classes haven't started yet
>guess I better shit post on Veeky Forums

Did your Nietzsche poster survive the move? I hope you didn't crinkle the corners while you were hanging it up over your bed.

Randomly.

Haha, sure thing, pal.

>Nietzsche
>Literally the worst
I love all the assumptions going on here. Some very, very, bright intellectuals on this board.

I know right. The most influential philosopher of the last 150 years is shit. Why can't this board become dedicated to the only ideology we have read. Ride the Tiger bro.

You seem to be under the same misconception as another poster. Perhaps you should have read the thread instead of going full sperg on me. He was shit.

Julius Evola is the only significant thinker since the Protestant "reformation" destroyed society.

How many of his books have you read? What ideas of his do you find shit

Be careful! He is going to bombard you with some very well formulated arguments. Hopefully he spares you the meme arrows.

>society

Reading is for kikes

The most embarrassing thing is that Evola is a magic the gathering indian ooga booga idiot.

I'll spare each of us the trouble. You truly have been bequeathed by the Lord with a vastly superior and exceedingly profound intellect than mine own. You are able to absorb ideas and agree with their fundamental basis, and in doing so, able to to denounce and eliminate all other ideologies; only by the mere power of agreement. This guy sure is on to something, I will follow suit and just find something I like and go with it. No need for anything else.

Nah bro he like is against the global conspiracy stopping me getting a girlfriend. I read an infograph of a muscular dude holding oe of his books trust me

So it is true that reading is for kikes?

Wow. Truly profound. I do not believe I have seen a better argument ever presented in my life. I think I will steal it. Nietzsche is a magic the gathering indian ooga booga idiot. Argument won.

Are you a kike? If not how are you reading this?

good false flag, maybe a bit unrealistic

Kek the defensiveness of polposters is funny af
They can't even read. Nietzsche is interesting, but Evola as someone who represents traditionalism is a fucking joke for illiterate larpers.
Also, do you understand nobody here is arguing? We are just laughing at you.

>goodreads.com/book/show/143548.Introduction_to_Magic
>Included in Introduction to Magic are instructions for creating an etheric double, speaking words of power, using fragrances, interacting with entities, and creating a "magical chain." Among the arcane texts translated are the Tibetan teachings of the Thunderbolt Diamond Path, the Mithraic mystery cult's "Grand Papyrus of Paris," and the Greco-Egyptian magical text De Mysteriis. Anyone who has exhausted the possibilities of the mundane world and is ready to take the steps necessary to purify the soul in the light of knowledge and the fire of dedication will find a number of expert mentors here

If I read Ebola, will I have the ability to magic my dick into being 6" and finding a gf?

>this person believes in something the vast majority of people nowadays don't believe in, therefore he must be an idiot
the myth of progress got you good buddy

fucking kvlt shit
STFU cucklord

Maybe, Read some of Crowley too just to be sure.