All hope is lost, the memes have become so ascended as to reach a level of mass-produced culture...

All hope is lost, the memes have become so ascended as to reach a level of mass-produced culture. Imagine the generation this is going to produce and weep.

old stuff. saw that ages ago.

makes it easier for those of us in class who can actually read shakespeare though. survival of the fittest.

On another note, perhaps it helps a younger audience get used to the plot, if not the themes of such literary work?

But the means used to explain the plot absolutely rob the work of any nuance or style whatsoever. If you replace a character seeing his beloved with "lol saw a fit bird #player crying emoji" you're not going to get very far in communicating the plot of the original.

Those who don't understand or appreciate literature will get this book. Even if they read the original play, they wouldn't care about nuances or style anyway. If they understand emoji and text-speak and understand at least something, it's not too bad a deal for them.

I suppose you have a point. Still, I think it will push a wrong perception of the author on an audience that doesn't know any better.

Can you picture the board meeting of old jews that put that shit together, "HMMM YES, HOW DO WE REACH MILLENNIALS MARVIN, WHAT DO MILLENNIALS LIKE, I KNOW, EMOJIS, GET THAT MAN A RAISE!"

How dare Sarah Dessen call Shakespeare boring!

I think the most insulting part is where it says 'The classics can be ZZZ', that's like a giant middle finger to serious readers. Le le look at the booknerds as a marketing strategy, and I thought I had seen it all.

I see your perspective now. There will be high school/college students who go for this garbage and there will be children whose parents feel like it would be a good way to introduce them to classics like this. Whoever lacks the intelligence to see it for what it really is deserves to be laughed at.

I wonder who will walk into a bookstore and actually buy this shit, wouldn't you be looking for an actual book?

A large part of children and teenagers these days are infected by this vapid meme culture. So when they go into a bookstore (because they want to appear intelligent and fellate their egos, because their parents or school force them to etc. etc.) they will invariably go for the meme books like these, because they are recognizable, fashionable, bright and flashy and most of all, because they know they won't have a lot of trouble actually reading and digesting the book. It's the junk food of books, and just as junk food leaves a body unhealthy, so does the book equivalent of junk food leave a mind unhealthy.

reminds me of the romans and thrillers you can literally buy at any gas station or foodstore.

How is this bad?

This crap is aimed at people who weren't going to read Shakespeare in its original format to begin with. On the other hand, the few young people with a genuine interest in classic literature won't pick this up and will read decent editions instead. All things considered, it's a net gain.

jews dont create art they create entertainment.
drink bleach

Hey buddy, I think you got the wrong board. /Pol is two blocks down.

shove your memes up your arse

It still keeps them from actual good editions of Shakespeare while making authors who produce solidified shit in book form money so they can spread more of their filth.

>It still keeps them from actual good editions of Shakespeare
that's far from a certainty. You're assuming they would have read Shakespere in non-meme format, and that their reading of these meme editions won't lead them to a further interest in actual literature. While the second premise is probably true, I doubt the first is.

You're making too much of this, anyway. I bet some people believed the audiobook would be the end of reading, what with all those lazy youngsters with their crazy walkmans. This meme books are a literal meme that will amount to nothing.

I hope you're right.

Watching the world burn will be glorious and horrible

i would have been upset about this when i was 16

You're made of memes, aren't you?
don't reply