Has any "author" ever hated subtext more?

Has any "author" ever hated subtext more?

Other urls found in this thread:

finance.yahoo.com/news/harry-potter-author-jk-rowling-uses-voldemort-villains-donald-trump-in-brexit-opinion-remain-in-eu-171110898.html
youtube.com/watch?v=WZl2udKDG3g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fanfic tyre

I call a bluff.

How can you "reveal" something is a metaphor?

Accio Metaphor.

This is why no one takes her new books seriously.

by tweet

>not a metaphor for lupus

How idiotic.

She might have become self aware that her fortune is built on a pile of mediocrity and is trying desperately to give it depth even if it's in a shallow and hammy manner.

>might
No might.

>JK Rowling reveals Witches and Wizards are a metaphor for the LGBT community

>reveals

Does she actually expect us to believe she thought about this HIV shit while writing the character?

How redundant.

Hagrid is a metaphor for autism

Snape is a metaphor for being a cuck

Magonagil is a metaphor for the traditional British heptarchy which is old and disappearing despite being clearly the only sane authority in the entire environment

Quidditch is a metaphor for IQ

Horcruxs are a metaphor for extramarital sex

Owls are a metaphor for email

Death eaters are a metaphor for SS officers trying to redirect Hitler and vote for brexit

The ministry of magic is a metaphor for the EU

Voldimorte of a metaphor for state sovereignty

Ghosts are a metaphor fire books

Forbidden books are a metaphor for ideological purity

I have doubts someone that produced a body of work so insipid could become self aware.

Didn't she say that Voldemort was a metaphor for Hitler, Donald Trump and Brexit?

>Snape is a metaphor for being a cuck

>commas are a metaphor for the racial divide

>Voldimorte of a metaphor for state sovereignty
wew

>Metaphors are metaphors for LGBTQI systematic oppression

>LGBTQI
Way to exclude my gender/orientation combo, the GenderBender ("GenBend" for short). Microagressive much?

>ghosts are a metaphor for fire books

Fucking knew it.

Fuck her metaphors. H.P. is still great.

Just as deep as any American Gen-Xr and more entertaining.

The joke is JKR is a giant cunt. She's done nothing but grasp at relevance after her cash cow has been sold to market.

>house elves are a metaphor for jews

the press just ask her questions, and she says yes to everything, and she gets money from it

>marries a woman
>has sex with her repeatedly
>no werewolf
>she has his son
>no werewolf

???

Her books were very good for what they were. Fabricating depth like this cheapens the work

BRAVO ROWLING

>magonagil
I keked

Had she even read the book?

ha ha ha i bet not dude!!!

I just can't wait for her to reveal the next metaphor. I wish more authors were involved an in touch with their fanbase like JKR is. You go girl!

finance.yahoo.com/news/harry-potter-author-jk-rowling-uses-voldemort-villains-donald-trump-in-brexit-opinion-remain-in-eu-171110898.html

Voldemort is a metaphor for Brexit

I'm in a real dilemma. The trailer for the new Harry Potter movie has some things I really like, namely art deco setpieces and Colin Farrel playing a villain. However, it has some things I don't like, including a quirky lead, JKR money grubbing, Eddie Redmayne, and what will likely be reddit humor. Should I see it?

I almost feel like the sorts of people who are opposed to Brexit make me want to support it.

Self aware is the wrong tem. She is feeling time passing her by. She constantly must convince herself that Harry Potter will leave a legacy, but now that milennials are growing up and the movie series is long past, she's grasping at any source of attention and meaning she can get. She knows on some level she is being forgotten by time, and is exerting all her power to avoid this.

>Death eaters are a metaphor for SS officers trying to redirect Hitler and vote for brexit
kek

kek

>say something retarded/down right impossible about the books you wrote
"It's... It's just another layer to the metaphor, guys!"
Jesus Christ, someone needs to take this dumb bitch to pasture. I like reading HP as a kid but JKR has a cult now and she's pandering to them harder than anyone could have ever expected.

I don't think I have seen any other author with such a hunger for attention and condescending thoughts for her fans such as Rowling. People's pathos would believe anything and linking any anecdotic quality of her novels with a concrete struggle would definitily legitimize her as a expositor of human condition... I don't know, it appalls me that authors, even the most shallow of them, would have such opportunist attitudes.

Did not he have a girl and a child? also anger management or drugs would be better fit, I don't recall HIV ever making you hulk out on your friends in a shack.

nah, she is milking out the last drops from HP and struggling for relevance in a world that is no longer as fanatical about her work

>Snape is a metaphor for being a cuck
Snape was never a cuck. hell he was a spaze who destroyed his own chances and then stayed butter for years. he is the guy that never moved on from school.
>
Magonagil is a metaphor for the traditional British heptarchy which is old and disappearing despite being clearly the only sane authority in the entire environment
true, she was based.
>Quidditch is a metaphor for IQ
its meaningless and kind of arbitrary?
>Horcruxs are a metaphor for extramarital sex
How would that make you immortal?Horcruxs are more like sacrifices you have to make to get to the top
>vote for brexit
brexit was the right option.
>Ghosts are a metaphor fire books
They are more like CCTV

She saw the future?

goblins are jews. house elves are slaves with bit of the working class(lets face it non of the other characters are really working class)

Why does she give a flying fuck? She's rich now, she can buy an island and thumb her nose at everyone for the rest of her life.

She is essentially the Anal Cunt of literature. Yells into a microphone and makes up the lyrics afterwards to fit the awful noise.

How is Lupin's lupus an "anecdotic quality"?

I'm appalled at your pretension.

She cares because everything else she has written has flopped.
Keeping the media talking about Harry Potter is the only way she can stay relevant.

Underrated.

Is this post a metaphor for autism?

Harry Potter would've been an absolute classic book if the series;

1. Kept it at small adventures by the main characters and not let them "save the world"

2. Dealt with universal and timeless human themes and problems through out the series instead of the "magical second world war" it turned out to be

Definitely as a child I was filled with wonder at the world that was constructed, I didn't give a fuck about the plot.

>Why does she give a flying fuck?
She cares because she's a narcissist and still needs her validation

If it makes you feel any better, sometimes looking at the kind of people in favour of brexit made me want to oppose it.

Your mom is a metaphor for autism

I'm starting to retroactively hate HP because of its stupid fanbase, stupid author, and stupid popularity.

To be honest though the first nail in the coffin was puberty. By the time I was eleven I was literate enough to read thriller novels and airport crap. I grew up in airports so my mom would buy me a shiny book before a trip. For a pubescent boy Michael Crichton beats the hell out of HP.

Why?
>1. Kept it at small adventures by the main characters and not let them "save the world"
you raising stakes
>2. Dealt with universal and timeless human themes and problems through
its for kids and no high school problems are not universe and timeless.

Harry Potter would've been if
1.They did not try to connect every book to the dark lords and 3 artifacts.
2. 3 artifacts needed to be dropped or gathering them should have started in the 5th book.

It really pisses me off. I'm thinking about writing Rowlin an angry letter for tarnishing my childhood memories.

tell her that her words are like an angry black man ramming his dick into your 9 year old boipussy

well its based on the early 20th C (private) school stories, so obviously no-one is working class.

Topkekkel. I was just going to call her out on never having left the mindset of the craven single mother begging for scraps from the state that she used to be.

No one would be black either.

yet they try to play off weasley as poor working people (which they are not) other than mr filch I can't think of anyone without connections to old money or reputable establishments with nepotism

youtube.com/watch?v=WZl2udKDG3g

No one was black. They just retconed it for diversity points but even during the foreign exchange they got the french and Russians and non of those Asian looking Russians. The photographer boy may have been black and there was cho but it was 99% white.

Angelina on the quidditch team was explictly described as black, and I think with Lee Jordan it was strongly implied.

true.

Dean Thomas is explicitly described as Black in book 1

>IQ is meaningless
When will this meme end?

This. The mainstream center-left has gotten so hostile to any kind of adult attitudes about anything, it's embarrassing.

>How horrible. Voldemort was nowhere near as bad.

You guys remember reading HP when you were kids, right? Voldemort killed people and shit.
Trumps says he doesn't want Mexicans to come over illegally and wants to stop Muslim from coming in until there is a better screening system.

Now she's comparing him to a murderer. Kind of reminds me of how Trump called the seeming innocent Mexican people murderers.
Oh but it's okay because we all know she was just exaggerating and doesn't actually think he killed anyone. Now Trump... we all know he literally thinks every single Mexican is a murderer.

Same tbqh family. I remember watching that Tuck Frump video on youtube and thinking it's worth voting for him only for the benefit of those types of people despite never liking Trump myself.

>$1,000,000,000
Bet you she don't give a shit with this much money, boi.

It's hilarious how hard she's trying to keep her cash cow relevant.
No other author (as far as I know) has ever been this retarded in terms of post publication treatment of their own work

Wow really makes you think.

When Nabokov hinted that Shade killed himself

In 2011, she lost her billionaire status because she gave away about 16% of her net worth, or $160 million dollars to charity. I'd say she doesn't give a fuck about making more money.

So when she had exactly $1B she gave some away and had less than $1B again.

Do you know what charities btw?

Mostly Muggle ones, I think

That doesn't matter and the fans don't care about that sort of shit as long as she panders to them.

I double checked, and while she picked good charities it looks a lot like a tax thing, since reputable sources all say 160M in taxes and charity donations.

Interestingly Snopes screwed up on this mentioning the tax payout but writing it as if 160M got donated on top of that.

Whatever the magical version of stem cell therapy is. Humanities open prison massage?

>muggle ones

kill your own self

Wow, and Snopes are usually such a trustworthy source of information.

You can't cheapen something that was a cash-in to begin with.

True.

i'd suck her tits for lupus

I bet this cunt voted remain.

Why do so many authors and critics always need something to have some 'gidden meaning'
Why can't some things just be a story?

its not a metaphor then

Does she hate subtext?
Or is she just trying to milk her little cashcow after that abysmal failure of an ending?

Y'know. Just like how she did with "gay" Dumbledore.
(That still pisses me off to this day. Bitch. You ain't representing me. You are trying to milk my wallet. If you REALLY felt like having a gay character, let them be gay. There is ACTUAL representation all over other author's works. But this whole "it's a kids book" is homophobic BS when you turn the last book into shipper.fanfiction. She is just as disingenuous as the average politician.)

Its pathetic how shes trying to still being relevant.

kek

So you're saying it would've been an absolute classic if it wasn't Harry Potter.

It's just a way to avoid paying taxes. You either give it to the gov't to piss away or you give it to charity and get to be a saint.