Are you scared of death

are you scared of death

yes. Only fags who don't understand say stupid shit like "well I won't know it so why should I be afraid". The negation of being is a horrific prospect

I'm scared of dying.

I'm find with not existing.

No, should I be afraid?

>Socrates was a fag who didn't understand your particular flavour of cowardice

Before we were born we didn't exist. No amount of time can sum up the non-existence of time that we were apart of.

When we die we travel back to our original states. Everything has a birth and death, and the only thing that is infinite is the concept of non-existence.

No, but I would much rather continue living beyond the lifespan of an average human. Eventually though I would want to die just because I am curious to whether or not we possess a soul. We probably don't, but I have to know for sure.

The negation of being, being nothingness? It is not so much a prospect as an absence of one. Do you think you'll maintain some degree of consciousness in your eternal void?

>When we die we travel back to our original states.

And I base this on absolutely nothing.

You mean life after death? If not, you'll never know for sure- you won't find anything out by dying.

so deep

Yes, terrified, like everyone else, of dying before I do what I would like to do.

After you do what you like to do you'll kill yourself.

Got it.

Socrates was fucking old.

>when i'm old i'll be okay with no longer existing.

Yes, life after death, is there one? Probably not. But all things die, and I'd like to know what all the fuss is about.

>Probably not

Don't be stupid.

What do you mean?

What motivates a post like this? What screech tears across a mind to stir it these words?

He's suggesting intelligence.

Not trying to be deep. Just saying that in the interval between dying and dead there is no possible time in which you can know for sure that there is no afterlife.

To receive shitting writing as a response.

No, I'm scared of living

You're a child.

who cares? it's an empty vessel for the mind to ponder.

try to refrain from molesting him

A year ago I would've said no, but then I almost drowned trying stop by fucking stupid drunk Uncle from getting pull away at sea. Shit fucked me up.

is a child afraid of hurting its knee or any kind of similar childhood wound, before actually experiencing it for the first time? no. so why should we, while we're alive, be afraid of dying if we've never experienced it? not to mention that "death" is just a word. are you afraid of the word "death"?

haha

Just correcting user about the prospect of knowing for sure. I saw a wrong thing on the internets.

Nope. In many ways I look forward to it. If I'm ever killed by someone I wish for the opportunity to thank them.
And no I'm not suicidal.

In regards to what?

>is a child afraid of hurting its knee or any kind of similar childhood wound, before actually experiencing it for the first time? no.

I don't necessarily disagree with the rest of the things you said, but that was a pretty dumb point to start out with. Ever heard of "irrational" fears?

wow you're so adorbs

You're not suicidal yet you would thank your killer. Sounds suicidal to me, family.

No, he's a genius because he knows the longer you put off something you want the sweeter it'll be, right??

Simply put, I don't want to die. Otherwise I would kill myself.

I don't have much say in the matter otherwise.

However, if I had a magic opportunity to choose never having existed, I would take it.

Life is not worth it. I'm just too squeamish to aid death.

( ._.)

Schopenhauer pls go

no meme pls

Are you afraid of QUESTIONS?!

what do you mean? you can have an irrational fear of dogs, but this fear only appears once you've actually been hurt by a dog in some way, and from there on you just exaggerate the situation ("all dogs are like that so I should be careful"). i'm talking about a situation before being hurt for the first time

Are you a Scientologist? That's the level of "knowledge" you're imparting.

I just try to be grateful for everything in my life.

All questions are merely answers that are afraid of themselves.

what?

2edgy4me

Surely not all things are worth your gratitude.

I'm insane, so yes I don't differentiate things.

Why not?

yes, terrified. I just try to repress it

Prepared for it, no? Scared of it? Also, no.

Death is an unavoidable event that is a mystery to humanity. The other side is entirely unknowable with any amount of certainty beyond faith. I'm curious to see what lies beyond death. If it's nothingness, will it even register? What happens to my consciousness? How could something with the depth of philosophical thoughts and the power of raw emotion simply disappear and cease to exist? It's absolutely mind-boggling.

However, on the off chance that it IS simply ceasing to exist, I'd like to continue life for awhile longer, experiencing what I have to experience and whatnot. In the meantime, what's everyone's favorite idea of an afterlife? I personally would enjoy an instant-replay of the life you just lived, except it can be altered as you have already lived it once. Invest all of your money in Microsoft and Apple right when they start up, Avoid X person because of Y shit, know exactly how to roll with the punches, etc. A chance to perfect the life you lived the first time.

All things are a void, they can be anything you want, including life. If you decide it is not worth it then it isn't worth it. But, step back from your preconceived notions about your circumstances and exert your will towards living as the most moral version of yourself. Do it for me, family.

Why do you ask?

What if the consciousness lingers around the body after death? What if we're fully conscious as we're zip-locked and put under ice, as we're being drained of our fluids and embalmed, as we are fed into the incinerators of the crematorium? When we are buried what if we remain there in the cold, airless darkness under the earth, watching as our earthly remains putrify?

*rolls eyes*

At least you have the perspective to understand this, so that's something at least.

Because fuck all that noise, don't take shit from people.

What if you're just retarded?

Family, noooo

Yeah, but I'm trying to overcome it. It's perhaps the greatest step towards true realization (or an early grave).

>In the meantime, what's everyone's favorite idea of an afterlife? I personally would enjoy an instant-replay of the life you just lived
when I was a child, I think I saw some kind of Christian pamphlet in the form of a comic book, and basically got the idea that once you die, its you, your parents and God sitting in a room with a projector, and they're replaying all the events of your life, and obviously your parents are really mad/disappointed at the bad things you've done which they don't know about

The first user wasn't me. And I try not to see it as shit and fight against it.

no. it's just a dead end.

best to keep your head in the sand, bro, than to live knowing it's fruitless anyway

You'll still have nothing to know

I'm sorry. I take everything back, then.

You're just an idiot.

I feel like I'm the only one who wants immortality
>muh getting sick of life but not being able to die
bls. good thing I was born when I was, because I at least have a shot of living to over 100 years old comfortably due to advances in science

But other people deciding whether or not you should live or die is totally shit.

Nice spooked, friend.

Why would you want to remain in the same decrepit body for so long? You're just holding back your reincarnation.

Immortality without the option to kill yourself sounds terrifying. What if you fall down some crevice while hiking in the middle of buttfuck nowhere. Nobody would come for you, you would spend an eternity slowly going insane in Earth's asscrack.

Nice Volcano Choir pic

Bon Iver is better tho

Present me your evidence for reincarnation.

>survive until the heat death of the unvierse
>be alone
>forever
No fucking thanks.

dude, *takes a puff*, what if.. what if that's what God is, man? an immortal hiker that is spending eternity stuck in some crevice? *takes a puff*

About as plausible as every other notion of God.

Various religious texts.
The visions of mystics.
People who have memories of their past lives.

by immortality i just mean not dying of old age. injuries could still kill you

Yeah, I would like this experience to last forever.

Who wouldn't?

Why do you say that?
No different than whatever other means "deciding" it.

liars

anti-aging treatments/drugs are being successfully tested on animals as we speak.

So other people. I remain unconvinced.

That's absolutely meaningless.

>No different than whatever other means "deciding" it.

And we should actively fight against those means as well.

if human civilization lasts to that point, we will probably have found some way to either reverse entropy or transcend into a higher existence or some shit

no meme pls

15,000 years of civilization and we still poop stinky stuff out our buttholes. What makes you so optimistic?

I don't understand how not taking someone's claims at face value is fedora.

Plot and scheme all you want, you'll never succeed though.

This thread itself gives reason for not existing at all.

It's not about succeeding, it's about trying, family.

>billions, if not trillions, of years

I am afraid of dying before I have finished what I need to do in life. Death itself doesn't scare me though, just the time limit.

so noble wow

Trying to... Succeed?

that's too much of a gamble

I'd say the probability of humanity either destroying itself or getting destroyed by something else is equally high, if not more so.

Old people are stupid, all that time and experience is worthless.