ITT: Words you hate irrationally

>smelly
>stinky
>poop

For some reason I automatically think less of anyone who says these words.

whilst

thus
aesthetics

marvelous

panties

>quintessence
>architectonic
>umpteenth

[To be read in a thick Welsh accent]

Jan and Nettie were having tea on the lawn when Arthur the neighbour's little boy came along and did a smelly stinky poop right there on the green.
"Arthur!" Proclaimed Jan. "Did you just do a smelly stinky poop right there in front of us?"
"A smelly stinky poop?" replied Arthur, "no, that certainly wasn't me."
"Yes you did, you pulled down your trousers and did a smelly stinky poop right there beside the table," said Nettie.
"It was a smelly stinky poop indeed, Nettie!"
"A smelly," said Nettie.
"Stinky," said Jan.
"Poop!" they cried in unison.
"You know what to do, young man," said Jan in the most smelly, stinky voice she could muster.
Arthur looked bashful. He let out a small sob as he collected his smelly, stinky poop and did his best to stuff it back into his peach-fuzz surrounded rectum. This was much worse than the time he wet the bed at his grandma's house.

not just a word, but the phrase "zero sense" deeply upsets me

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

galore

>eldritch

Pedantic
Irregardless
Reddit

"What even"

>tummy

Smelly,
Stinky,
Farty,
Runny,
Moist,
POOP

wan

Short, simple, but uncommon words like this are something of a red flag to me. Like you're still showing off your vocabulary but at the same time saying, what you don't know this simple little word? idiot. On top of that wan always gets used to describe 1. smiles, or 2. light.

'Logos'
It's the ugly brunette that baby-sits for fun of language.

>simply

>button
>breath
>belly

alas

Absolutely agreed, OP.

Same with:
>belly
>leaky
>burp
>silly
>lunch
>luncheon
>dinner
>supper

And so on.

how do you invite people for meals

I say the words, because I'm not an autist. But I still think they're gross-sounding, gross-feeling, and unaesthetic.

Even "breakfast" is kind of stupid. English just has shitty names for meals.

Ayy
Lmao

I can't browse meme sites like this one or Reddit for long before becoming nauseated.

Literally

or....... bores-eated! /s

Unctuous - The most disgusting sounding word of all

You people are idiots. Every word has its use and its inherent goodness; only bad usage can make a word bad.

>people are idiots for having preferences

Learn to read.

The whole point of the thread is that it's an "irrational" hatred.

i think words like "snot", "butthole", "turd" irritate some people because as we learn them, we directly tie them with dirtiness/nastiness. Tho this probably only applies to one's mother tongue, because english words never bother me, but i feel uncomfortable when i have to say such words (or hear them) in my native language.

>at the same time saying, what you don't know this simple little word?
Shit, you're really insecure.

>Practically

Aluminum

>take a/an (insert subject matter here) class

technically

I know its a phrase not a word, but I hear/see it way too often, and it usually signals that the speaker knows only what their own professor taught about the subject, and MAYBE what the textbook their professor selected says about it. The people who utter that phrase often have no ability to think critically and base all of their beliefs on whatever they happened to have heard most recently from whatever they consider to be an authoritative source.

"Impact"

Stupid fucks cannot grasp that it's an intransitive verb, and it's everywhere these days. I think the word became popular because people could not remember the difference between "affect" and "effect", so they just avoided "affect" and used incorrectly used "impact."

Also, when people use "can't" in place of "cannot," a little piece of me dies.

"right", when not in the sense of the opposite of left

>Degenerate
This is sort of acceptable in a very casual setting where you tell your friend that he is a degenerate for drinking his milk straight out of the carton.
In anything other kind of situation it is an immediate sign that the speaker is very spooked.

>can't in place of cannot
What's wrong with this other than muh contraction?

boypussy

I want to kill all you fuckers who use it.

Indeed, the correct spelling is actually "boipucci".

I hate the sound of it no matter the spelling.

i hate it when i hear someone say the word cook.

I hate it when people don't capitalize their 'I's

I hate it when people don't end their sentences with a period.

>yummy
when adult people use this word to describe food i instantly know they are not worth my time

SMELLY

Are question marks okay?

Question marks are just periods with a squiggly line above them.

>defiantly instead of definitely
>vicious circle instead of cycle
>diamond dozen
>should of

>not the word itself but it's (mis)usage
>two words incorrectly combined
>^
>^

>>ITT: Words you hate irrationally
>Words
>irrationally

I don't hate the word booty but I hate it when in a scholarly article or book they refer to treasure and splendor and the likes as it. Maybe back in the day that is what it meant and society today has changed it, but I simply cannot stand reading it in such a piece of work

>period
You mean a full stop.

>hubby
>preggo/preggers
>sammich/sammy

No, a period.

What about using some of those to try and get a gross-sounding/feeling tone?

Video games
Politics

"Gross"

oh in this vein
>the wife
>the husband
etc.

"veggies" It just makes them sound like an indulgent child

'tis
methinks

>picnic
>digress
>sexy
>chocolate
>stylus
>stylish
>sensual
>mummy
>daddy
>Actually,
>gain
>beef
>date

Clunge
Gash
Dumpster

>practicality

>Tummy
>Yummy
>Daddy
Just typing these grossed me out.

ITT People who have a stick so far up their ass they have nerve pain just for saying silly sounding shit

omg daddy

>deconstruction

I tell my girlfriend to rub my belly/tummy all the time

You're just a bunch of lifeless joyless jerk offs who can't enjoy a good belly rub

>y'all

I think it's a good word but it's become sterile thanks to incessant overuse.

Smee
Quintessence
Crêpe

Grotto

what a shame

Not a word but

>Hence why

Is the only grammatical error that makes me think less of people. It's a failed attempt at overt pretentiousness.

Daddy said by that nasally american accent you hear from American whores makes my skin crawl

I like hearing people purposefully making errors, always gets a giggle out of me internally.

The funniest thing I've ever heard was a classmate pronouncing Baguette as 'Bagwetty' for months before someone corrected him.

>picnic
I came here to post this. What is it about that word?

Very anal, indeed.

ikr
I have a vague memory of hitting my sister out of the blue for saying it.

any kind of curse words

Are you me or am I you? We did both get some nice digits.

>Muh
>cheeky

Silly
Tummy
Belly

But they don't bother me anymore. But silly especially did. That one just pissed me off to no end

It makes me hard.
If I were American, I think having a daughter would be very troubling for me.