Comfy Books

Veeky Forums, what are the comfiest, coziest, most lovely books you've read? I'm looking to hunker down for the autumn with something precious.

I started reading The Secret History but I wasn't feeling it

Kill yourself

why the salt m8?

"Comfy" is a meme word for infantilization

In all honesty, probably the books you read growing up and still have a soft spot for even after re-reading.

Wind in the Willows and Winnie the Pooh are my picks. They're heartwarming choices where nothing much is going on except the characters, their interactions and their own isolated world.

Is prousT infanTilization? In search Of losT Time Is comfy

>ITTIOTTI

I don't get it.

Yes, you're intellectually dead if you're not actively looking towards what provokes and disturbs you

Hey, that's not a secret code I'm trying to signal to a friend. Ignore it.

In Search of Lost Time is the epitome of comfy, and a suggestion you'll get in this thread every time.

Alternatively, I'm reading If On a Winter's Night a Traveler right now, and it's pretty comfy.

Norwegian wood is seriously comfy

This one is my favourite 'comfy' book. The story of a man living on Guernsey.
The Long Ships is also a comfortable read, and especially so if you are interested in Vikings.
The Magic Mountain is also generally considered 'comfy' and is definitely worth reading.

My diary, desu

Er ruhen im friendesland

2001 space Odyssey. The first part at least

Pretty much any Henry James boom. Faulkner once called him "a nice old lady."

Hamsun's Growth of the Soil
And once you're done with that and don't want comfy, read his former meme book, Hunger.

There are probably thousands of comfy threads that have been made. Fuck off, use the goddamn archive.

Make me!

I don't read a lot of comfy stuff, but when I do, I read about a handsome monkey king kicking the shit out of the Taoist pantheon in the first seven chapters. And then there's fun adventures.

You could do worse, is what I'm saying.

this is the comfiest thing ever. I can't tell how chill and nice I felt everytime after finishing a chapter. really mellow and nice.

also might be very influential to your personal life.