Writing about disadvantaged people

Is it cool to spend time in, e.g., halfway houses, in order to get better writing material or nah?

You clearly don't really give a fuck or are passionate about the people in there, so I wouldn't reccomend it.

You sound like an ass hole but also a terrible writer

Only if you're willing to actually undergo addiction and then treatment. If you are in the halfway house for legitimate reasons it gives you a moral clearance to write about it. Hunter S. Thompson did meth with bikers and wrote about it. You're gonna have to do a lot more than meth.

Might I suggest bath salts?

>let me do bath salts to write about people I don't give a fuck about because I want to be a tired hunter s tompson rip off

This is honestly great advice.

That gif really draws attention to how pathetic Twisted Worldman's chin was.

Every generation has its iconic drug. The 60s had LSD, the 80s crack. The twenty teens? Bath salts. Good luck my friend, I'll see you on the cover of the New Yorker in no time.

>Every generation has its iconic drug

This generation is adderall: not bath salts

If you think you have the will to tame bath salts for no reason to write about people you don't even care about you're not going to be published by anyone

You can't have adderal gen x had it first.

B.B. King talked about authenticity in some interview. He said that the blues didn't have to be played by a poor, black man from Mississippi to be 'real.' Blues music was touching on suffering that could be felt by either side of the racial divide or any part of the economic ladder. If you felt the need to sing the blues, you could do it.

You need to ask yourself why you want to write about 'disadvantaged people.' HST was mentioned and he talks about how spending time with the Angels made him discover more about himself than any other period. He used the America's interest in the Hell's Angels as a context to discuss the state of the entire society and as a journey of inward reflection. He had a point he was trying to make, and that's why the work shined through. Figure out what's compelling you to write, the rest is actually doing the fucking work and learning the literary mechanics that will allow you to communicate with your audience.

Research chems in general are the millennial thing ya dumdums.

Really interesting historically unique scene that's still unfolding.

It's either Adderall or its Molly but nobody is doing bath salts en made purposefully unless it's laced are you retarded

Xanax, Adderall, Molly

OP sounds like the steve mccurry of literature. but probably less talented
yeah

>Every generation has its iconic drug
>implying its not ketamine

ketamine is Veeky Forums as fuck.

if you don't enjoy it you're just inadequate.

books are more personal than music on a 1 to 1 basis. they are a matter of communication. music, for all its beauty, can give people a multiple of emotions. some songs remind people of great times, whereas to others, the same song could depress the shit out of them. books don't work like that. they require a much greater authentic depth. i know this goes against the whole 'anyone can be a great writer' mfa crap, but, come on, if being great was that easy we'd all be rolling in audience pussy right now

>books are more personal than music on a 1 to 1 basis. they are a matter of communication. music, for all its beauty, can give people a multiple of emotions. some songs remind people of great times, whereas to others, the same song could depress the shit out of them. books don't work like that. they require a much greater authentic depth. i know this goes against the whole 'anyone can be a great writer' mfa crap, but, come on, if being great was that easy we'd all be rolling in audience pussy right now

This is honestly subjective bullshit

>implying we're not the 'back to the booze' generation, the first cunts with less wealth than the previous gen

It's heroin you retards

No that was 1995-1997

Your thread is less shit than many others, thanks bb

Yo this one time I lived In a Galway house fucking autocorrect and this one slut would always slam meth then self harm she was litery covered in scars like a knife bukkake anyway this one time I hear this screaming normally is just ignore it because it's normal but it was different it was like someone had slashed their throat from ear to ear had collapsed was screaming and then gurgled and bled out like a stuck pig on the floor in front of me while I watched with curious shock so I walked into her room and that's exactly what happened

Fuckin hardcore lol she was squirting blood out of her neck veins with each heartbeat there was so much blood she was squirming round and then went unconscious and just made his gurgling sound they say it was her auto lung inhales taking in blood from her neck hole

All these staff were freaking out doing nor is shit like calling the waaamberlamps so I was free to just watch it man it was the weirdest shit I've ever seen

She also had these real cringe woe is me tattoos in her legs like BROKEN and HELP ME. And LOST so good riddance desu, she also wore her scares on her sleeves as in just displayed hen either she was just. A big slut who liked showing skin or was just attention whoring her self hatred either way you know thats intolerable

And you talk about cringe hahaha holy shit this is edgy