Who /shortattentionspan/ here?

Who /shortattentionspan/ here?

I used to read books all day long, and even got into some Veeky Forumscore in my late teens (Ulysses, etc.), but these days my brain is just fried from imageboards. If I read a book, ever single paragraph forces me to pause and analyze it, thinking about related topics, and then I lose my place and end up re-reading the paragraph. On top of this, most of the books you fags STILL post here (they haven't changed in over five years, there's literally nothing new) are pretty boring looking.

How do you get back into reading?

tl;dr

Go see a doctor because you probably have ADHD.

lol

the difference probably is that you have a job now. jobs make people anti-intellectual, not Veeky Forums

>the difference probably is that you have a job now

Is it possible to get ADHD? I thought it was something you get born with.

Ritalin

Nope. OP's just a bored pleb.

who cares if you "have ADD" or not, just start taking five mg of amphetamines a couple times a day. if you take weeks/weekends off to lower your tolerance when you don't need to be so productive, you can sustain that level of usage for the rest of your life and basically be permanently more productive. at some point you will develop work routines and you won't even necessarily require stimulants beyond strong coffee anymore.

I became an avid reader like three months ago and I can't stop. I stopped watching tv and I don't spend much time on Veeky Forums anymore.

Here's how I did it.

-Remember the average person reads like zero books a year. If you read 5 pages a day, you are 5 pages above the average person

-Don't force yourself to read. Commit to read 5 pages a day. I swear after three days you'll feel like reading more and after a month or so you should be reading 50-100 pages a day for pleasure

-Read various books at the same time. When I grab a difficult book or one that makes me sleepy I grab another and switch. This should refresh your head. Keep them thematically different. I read economics and fiction.

-It isn't a race. Reading slowly won't make you sleepy that fast. Try to acknowledge what books are for you to read fast and which aren't.

-Buy the physical copies. When you get the books from your own money you'll feel the need to read them to avoid the feel of wasting your money.

-Start with books highly discussed here so you feel motivated to discuss.

pippi the froge is a nigger faggot

My eyes get dry as fuck when I'm reading a book. It's like the pages are absorbing the moisture from the air.

Kek
I haven't seen this meme is a long time

Copypasta or not

user is right. I used to read a lot, got depressed and stop reading as much, and this is basically what I did to get back into reading.

And yeah, I read at least two books at once: one that's hard to read or a classic, and one that's more modern/light that I can get through when I don't feel like straining my brain. It's great.

Does ADHD really exists?
I'm so deep into changing my mindset that I can't really tell if it does exist, but the one thing I can't do is be motivated to study physics, yet I can read philosophy the whole day. I think that I should be able to set my mind to study something that I don't like in the moment too, yet I can't. Maybe I have it? Or I'm just being a pussy? I always end up slacking when it comes to study anything math related, even when it's really fucking easy.

Yes we still post the same books. They don't stop being good just because they're old.

How can you literally just talk about the same thing for five years in a row?

I feel you

>How do you get back into reading?
you don't, the best parts are behind

It's possible. If you're seriously worried, see a doctor.

D'you fidget a lot, feel a constant restlessness?

Me. I guess I should try an get into haikus.