NEW GAME:

NEW GAME:
so Veeky Forums we name classic works of literature and those of us who have never read the book will try and summarise the plot/themes based on what they have heard from popular culture, the title, references, Veeky Forums memes etc. no googling before-hand, doesnt matter whether you are totally wrong or even mistake it for a different book.

starters:
1. anna karenina - tolstoy
2. hamlet - shakespeare
3. the heart of darkness - conrad
4. slaughterhouse 5 - vonnegut
5. republic - plato

Those are too hard.

>Moby Dick
>To Kill A Mockingbird
>Catcher in the Rye

>cant play fun Veeky Forums games because i've read all of these

WHY EVEN LIVE

have read all of OPs

is to kill a mocking bird about a black guy who does something wrong and then a white attorney getting him acquitted?

Basically, but that isn't at all what makes it so juicy.

Hamlet
The king of Danes discovers his wife's porcine infidelity when she gives birth to a piglet
>Somepig's ruttin in the state of denmark

>Moby Dick

Guy named Ishmael goes on an obsessive whale hunt, but gets caught up with extraneous details about whales, harpoons, and boats.

>anna karenina
Scitso girl wonders if anyone loves her or whether they're all talking behind her back until she runs under a train, then the voices go away.

Am I close?

>1. anna is married to an aristocrat and has an affair
>2.hamlet kills the king to become king (this might be macbeth)
>4. inspired all the saw movies

1. rich russian girl gets emotional trouble with her equally rich lovers
2. the lion king but with humans
3. not a clue
4. read it
5. old greek guy envisions his absurd utopia

also, the answer is 13. a=11, b=2

Well kinda :)) try harder

I've read all these books except Moby Dick.

>Some guy gets on a ship because he's sick of America and he takes a black guy with him.
>They're fruits.
>A Guy named Ahab lost his leg to a whale so everyone has to go find the thing for some reason.
>Everyone dies except the guy in the beginning who floats to land on a coffin.

Here's a couple new ones.
> Crime and Punishment- Dostoevsky.
> Don Quixote
> The Old Man and the Sea- Hemmingway
>Wuthering Heights- Emily Bronte
> The Ego and His Own- Stirner.

To kill a mockingbird
A family tries to help a black guy in a racist world and they end up fucking themselves

Ok then let's get others
Voltaire Candide
Proust In search of lost time
Virginia Woolf Orlando

The greatest beauty in Moscow loves her fallible father but finds her suitors morally remis and refuses to marry despite her father's wishes.

2 Hamlet's uncle is told by some witches that he will be king. He kills his brother and fucks his wife. Hamlets dad's ghost tells him to get revenge. Hamlet holds a skull and kills his uncle and also dies himself.

3 read it.

4 the government has a secret place where bad shit happens. Killing aliens or humans or some shit. One guy tries to fix it but it doesn't go well.

5 Plato advocates censorship and says leaders have to be good because a good chair can be sat in.

Orlando
>Some guy was born and has an affair with Queen Elizabeth.
>But then there's a war and he's such a pussy he literally becomes a woman.
>But woman are not taking seriously le oppressed so he's all upset again.
>Kills self.

Stirner
Nonsense about a world with no morality in which the individual must do everything that makes him feel whole because almost everything represents a spook in life

That is just so funny

How did I do?

Well i can only tell you about the first two and you didn't get them right but your versions sound just as good

>Don Quixote
Chivalrous old knight goes on adventures attacking windmills. A barmaid is raped, then Don Quixote dies...?
>The Ego and His Own
Stirner justifies nihilism(?) by claiming everything is a spook. Also, everything is his property.

You were right on the first point at least.