HEY, NERD

The nearest star is Proxima Centauri at a distance of 4.2 light years. At a speed of 150,000 miles per hour from a passive slingshot maneuver, it would be about 17,900 years to reach.

It is physically impossible for objects to attain light speed as it would require infinite energy which is impossible to generate in this universe.

A SHIP IS ALWAYS BOUND TO ITS OWN PHYSICS IN ANOTHER DIMENSION, MERELY TO BE ABLE TO KEEP EXISTING AS THE SAME SHIP.

A SHIP IS AN ISOLATED DIMENSION IN ANOTHER DIMENSION AND ALWAYS SEPARATE IN THE OTHER DIMENSION.

THE PHYSICS OF THIS DIMENSION ARE REALITY ITSELF AND CANNOT "CHANGE." ANY OTHER DIMENSION IS A COMPONENT PART OF THIS DIMENSION. A SHIP WOULD DISSOLVE IF IT ENTIRELY ENTERED ANOTHER DIMENSION.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_matter
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_energy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

SO STFU ABOUT STAR WARS/TREK.

I SHOULD KEEP BUMPING THIS UNTIL IT GETS THROUGH YOUR THICK VADER HELMET AND KLINGON SKULL.

I AM WAITING FOR YOU TO START REALIZING THAT THE SCIENTIFIC COMMUNITY IS EQUALLY AS STUPID AS THE RELIGIOUS COMMUNITY BUT NERDIER AND THAT'S ALL.

FATASS PEDOPHILES.

kek

CAPT'N CAPSLOCK AND CREW REPORTING FOR DUTY, SIR, LET'S KICK SOME INFERIOR LOWERCASE BUTTS, SIR!

Jokes on you, religious people are the original nerds. They memorize their favorite lines from their favorite books and go to weekly conventions. You think Star Wars v Star Trek is bad? Take a look at Christianity v Islam v every other religion

Pretty arrogant to think that our current conception of the universe specifically special relativity is correct.

Can't you just admit that we don't know for certain?

At .1c that's 42 years. I'm not saying that's a realistic number, but it's a lot more achievable than 1c.

> At a speed of 150,000 miles per hour

Then we will go at 150.000 miles per meter and overcome the lightspeed barrier.

Any "model" of physics can't replace common sense. All models will always state the same common facts of reality.

Biological Immortality.

What now, caps lock muthuh fuckah!?

FTL is overrated and not in any way required for space colonization in the long term.

The same set of facts that says that 95% of the universe is made up of shit we can't detect with properties unlike anything we've ever seen before?

OK, and if we ever found alien life it would be halfway across the galaxy which would take thousands of light-years, many many more at .1c. So enough with this morbid fascination with the "possibility" of alien life visiting Earth, or aliens visiting each other's planets.

Space colonization, fine - nobody said we couldn't merely inhabit space or e.g. Mars. 95% nothing, you mean. Stop with your imaginary shadowverse dark energy/matter BS - that's called "nothing."

You nerds always want to believe that "nothing" is some magical portal of possibility, when in factual reality it is just... nothing.

Brainlet.

A whole lotta nothing with gravitational anomalous properties corralling galaxies accelerating the expansion of the universe in ways impossible for any sort of normal matter we've ever observed.

...and if OP isn't suggesting space colonization is impossible, I've no idea what he is suggesting.

Now you are making up words? Any time you nerds lose you start making up words and convince yourself the other's confusion is some sign of distress and thus defeat. You are still the loser, sorry. Make up some more words for me though.

Yup, that's nothing for ya. It's called "randomness" - that's how nothing is.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_matter
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_energy
>We don't know what it be but it do.

It's called nothing.

A constant acceleration of the expansion of the universe, and the formations of galaxies is kinda the opposite of "random".

And lol @ Wikipedia. You must be really wicked like Harry Potter (hairy pothead).

No, that's random.

Nothing, with massive gravitational effects, yeah.

If it was random, it wouldn't happen. There's a series of causes, and effects, thus you get a pattern, such as a spiral galaxy. If it was random, everything would be scattered randomly, and we wouldn't be having this inane electronic exchange.

Any other fag want cry about their fav movie?

It's called order out of chaos, Fred Flintstone.

You sound like my Christian dad talking about the beauty of God's creation.

Gonna cry, fag?

And you sound like one of those new age hippies who thinks quantum mechanics proves dogs have souls and anything you want can be made manifest by merely thinking about it hard enough to "collapse the possibilities".

There is nothing that is truly random, especially not on that scale, only that which you cannot predict or do not understand. The universe does not accelerate "randomly", the galaxies are not formed solely by "randomness", it is repeated combinations of causes and effects that allows existence. Order rises from chaos only insomuch as high energy states give way to low energy states. Without that consistency of causality, there would be no existence to speak of.

1. You just said humans have souls, 2. in US English, punctuation goes inside of quotation marks.

OK Alex Trebek.

This must be "special" Jeopardy.

Literally my first time on Veeky Forums ever. First thread I clicked on. Fuck me for expecting intelligent discussion

I know, they watch way too much TV.

Ya started off good kid, but then ya blew it

>LOOK AT MY SCI-FI BULLSHIT I JUST MADE UP, TRY AND DEBUNK MY AD HOC, GO ON, TRY IT!
Yeah, no, fuck off. You started good and then turned on caps, then, everything went bad.

>making up words
newfag

>HEY, NERD

SUCK DICK

WTF are you talking about? You don't dictate what I want to say or how.

Sci-fi? I WAS DEBUNKING SCI-FI, YOU CAN'T FUCKING READ. I AM THE ONE SAYING SCI-FI IS BS, IDIOT.

THE WHOLE POINT, SINCE YOU ARE TOO STUPID TO READ, IS THAT YOU CANNOT REACH THE SPEED OF LIGHT VIA "INTERDIMENSIONAL TRAVEL." YOU SCI-FI NERDS BELIEVE IN OTHER DIMENSIONS AND I JUST EXPLAINED HOW THAT DOESN'T WORK.

IT'S YOUR SCI-FI BULLSHIT, MORON, YEAH I MENTIONED SCI-FI BULLSHIT BECAUSE I WAS DEBUNKING IT, YOU CAN'T EVEN FUCKING READ.

Top fucking kek

DO YOU REALIZE THAT "KEK" IS THE KOREAN VERSION OF "LOL" AND THAT IT FIRST EMERGED BACK IN THE DIABLO II DAYS? BECAUSE YOU ARE SUCH A "NEWFAG" EVEN THOUGH "NEWFAG" IS BY ITSELF A NEW TERM, FAG?

"KIK KEK, LOOK AT ME I THINK IT'S COOL TO SOUND LIKE A GOOK! I'M LITERALLY HOMOSEXUAL!"

>You just said humans have souls
Huh?

WAH, HUH?

-exhales weed-