What's the reason behind this?

What's the reason behind this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because they realize what they don't know & are very realistic about their capabilities.

Because that is how they became intelligent. They think they are horrible so they work for logic to get a relief.
>-oh yeah I am intelligent
>-I wont study nor think, because I am smartest
>-oh shit I am dumb
>-I will study and think hard because at least I will feel less shitty about my intellect

>smart but lazy

it's a lie brainlets tell themselves when they don't know how to solve a basic equation

t. Iq of 190

>calculus happened
Yeah, calculus is unrigorous, you just have to be a sysntatical monkey who bruteforces for grades

syntatical*

No one brought up calculus but you.
Get your dick waving off of my Veeky Forums

What?

That's not true.

However, people who are both intelligent and knowledgeable on technical subjects often lose out on other aspects of life, such as understanding social dynamics.
Combine that with the fact that we project our own abilities to others, it might seem odd that nobody is trying something, and you might assume there's a reason for it. At least that's one of the things that hold me back from realizing a few things that would have been ground-breaking to some degree in my field when I was an undergrad.

Also underestimating your own abilities isn't a sign of intelligence but rather a sing that you have a flawed understanding of reality.

In this case, pretending you presume you are intelligent because you underestimate your own abilities is simply a way to elicit a response from people on this online forum.
Unlike what you think, this is trivial to do, and you only do it to cover a real and painful lack of proper socialization. You might try to mask this as a joke, but it really isn't.

No, as a mathematician you realize you know X amount of math but mathematician Y know Z>X amount than you so you see that you have a lot to learn. This is not a sign of not being intelligent but being realistic.

>. Iq of 190

>not having over 300 IQ

fucking brainlets I swear

im an idiot and underestimate myself yet it doesnt change the fact im dumb at chem
i cant into chem. if it were taught like math or physics it would make more sense

I hate when people explain Dunning-Kruger as "too stupid to know they're stupid". What the data showed was that people have a strong bias toward believing they're a little above average, regardless of their intelligence level.

Extremely stupid people mostly think they're smarter than most. Brilliant people mostly think they're just a little smarter than most.

This is just the psychological set point of self-perception: to believe one is a little better than others, but not so much that they don't have to take the competition seriously. It seems either instinctive or culturally ingrained. Possibly, it arises from the need for self-esteem combined with the negative reactions of others to attitudes of great superiority.

Realistic self-assessment is orthogonal to intelligence.

>Realistic self-assessment is orthogonal to intelligence.

You better explain yourself here.

If you have an IQ of 190 then kindly post the results of your high range IQ test as an image, you megalomaniac

>tfw to intelegent too be confident

Check out this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

Do I need to put it in smaller words?

Intelligent people aren't more likely to have an accurate perception of their relative level of ability than stupid people.

To answer a question correctly, you have to be able to face the answer. Intelligence is as useful for generating specious rationalizations as for coming to accurate conclusions.

Your relative level of ability is fairly obvious, if you're emotionally capable of looking at it honestly. You don't need to be smart to see it.

>Can't even accurately judge your own skills
>Intelligent
How the fuck is that intelligent ?

580 iq master race reporting in

>That's not true
what is dunning-kruger

>I cant hear your cries over the awesomeness of the Trump towers

excellent example of D-K

>not having an IQ over 9000
pleb

"I would never say I'm smart. I have a 4.0 grade point average and I only try to do the most intellectually challenging courses that I can, but anyone can do it if they have above average intelligence and work hard."

>to intelegent too be

>tfw living on Mt. Stupid is the best feeling in the world

83205 IQ master race reporting in

we expect to much out of those around us.

Kek
Me bottom right

That's a big brainhead!...

Its a comforting delusion brainlets flatter themselves with when they experience difficulties due to their lack of intelligence.

Autism.

This is true. They push themselves harder to get good.

But it can sometimes stop working if one realizes that one is being artificially held down by others with the purpose to reinforce that behaviour.

Ummmm triggered much? If you are driven, then your best isn't good enough. It is an oxymoronic state at best.

>high intellegence= adept at math
You poor thing.

>finite IQs
get out of my thread

They aim higher and fail more often because of it.

No user stupid people cant ever realise they are stupid.

For you

The more you know, the more you're able to comprehend how much you don't know.

>Because that is how they became intelligent. They think they are horrible so they work for logic to get a relief
>become intelligent
Sorry to burst your bubble, but you can't dramatically increase your intelligence via hard work. Obviously neuroplasticity is a thing and you can increase your ability at specific mental tasks, but what you're generally working with brain-wise is the ceiling, just a fairly soft one.

i like what she's done with her plastic surgery

>sub-200 iq brainlets talking shit
When will they learn?

The Dunning Kruger Effect !

can i get a definition of "brainlet"

Small under developed brain?

This meme was obviously made by a brainlet who misinterpreted the Dunning–Kruger effect

What's the correct interpretation?