Why is male poetry so much better than female poetry...

Why is male poetry so much better than female poetry? You would think that being the "gentler" and "loving" sex would allow you to write better poetry.

What gives, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

poets.org/poetsorg/poem/diving-wreck
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

three threads up at the same time

?

Three
Threads

If you don't have anything to contribute please don't reply to me. It clutters up the thread.

Women have been discouraged from genres such as sculpture that require studio training or expensive materials. But in philosophy, mathematics, and poetry, the only materials are pen and paper. Male conspiracy cannot explain all female failures. I am convinced that, even without restrictions, there still would have been no female Pascal, Milton, or Kant. Genius is not checked by social obstacles: it will overcome. Men's egotism, so disgusting in the talentless, is the source of their greatness as a sex. [...] Even now, with all vocations open, I marvel at the rarity of the woman driven by artistic or intellectual obsession, that self-mutilating derangement of social relationship which, in its alternate forms of crime and ideation, is the disgrace and glory of the human species.

>>If you don't have anything to contribute please don't reply to me. It clutters up the thread.

Three
Threads

Ok, fuck off.

What does that have to do with poetry?

Your thread clutters up the board

Women are just generally less intelligent and also incapable of feeling emotions like men can.

how many of these are there today? we know, woman are worse writers.

idiot

But Ariel is GOAT

all poetry is shit

Women are just stupid, do you need any other reason?

>Dante>Christina
lol you're just retarded

>why is my unproven bullshit subjective assertion seemingly contradicted by this other bullshit stereotype? I'm so confused.
Don't you trolls ever get tired?

Men write poetry to impress women or to whine in a pedantic manner of the emptiness they feel in their lives. Women write just for the sake of it, so it never reaches the next level

Why in the world are there so many threads about the same topic????it's annoying

Agreed

Way too many literature threads up, we need a thread where we share wrongly attributed John Green quotes

We /ressentiment9k/ now.

Or maybe it's /pol/ seeing as that girl is posted there a lot. Same user base really.

Evolution. For the same reason male birds have colorful feathers and perform bizarre mating rituals.

Why is someone so new so angry about a board they are new to

Are you like 40 or something?

>being worthwhile is a male ritual

Holy shit

It makes sense

>being this intellectually lazy
Tell me more about all the women who swoon over guys' pottery, it's such a substantial part of our mating ritual

>Competence isn't attractive

>competence is a one-dimensional, linear product of evolution.
>The artistic merit of poetry is fabricated by biological factors

Everything humans do comes down to biological factors to a certain degree, user.

Ur mom swoons over my poetry bud.

Share it.

It's odd to say that, considering the most well known american poets involve Dickinson, Plath, and Angelou.

The latter two are trash, but that's neither here nor there.

Adrienne Rich and Elizabeth Bishop are better than most men. I think women have shown a particular ability to do just what you suggested, write a more sensitive and perhaps even sort of mystical style of poetry.

Find me a better poem from the second half of the 20th century.

poets.org/poetsorg/poem/diving-wreck

literal fucking retard

It's best to just look at women as high functioning cows that can be house trained, it will save you a lot of trouble and disappointment.

Lmao is that supposed to be poetry

Bitch can't even into meter

Ho man for a moment i thought you called Dickinson bad.
Continue on gentle sir :^)

That poem is fuckin awful. Even the retarded songs in GRainbow are better.

samefag triggered by based paglia

then sage it you faggot

So does Paglia think the Greeks were idiots for gushing over Sappho?

Sappho is a great poet because she is a lesbian, which gives her erotic access to the Muse. Sappho and the homosexual-tending Emily Dickinson stand alone above women poets, because poetry's mystical energies are ruled by a hierach requiring the sexual subordination of her petitioners. Women have achieved more as novelists than as poets because the social novel operates outside the ancient marriage of myth and eroticism.

"Sappho and Emily Dickinson are the only woman geniuses in poetic history."

>she is a lesbian,
Wrong.

>"I know every language"
What a meme.

Real lesbians may be vanishingly rare but a few do actually exist.

Of course but Sappho wasn't one of them.