Evolution is one of those things you accept as true when you take it at face value but the more you read about it the...

Evolution is one of those things you accept as true when you take it at face value but the more you read about it the more nonsensical it becomes.

It's literally the "muh invisible hand" of the biological sciences.

Prove me wrong.

Protip: you literally can't

Other urls found in this thread:

dx.doi.org/10.1038/nn.3594
aeon.co/essays/on-epigenetics-we-need-both-darwin-s-and-lamarck-s-theories
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>muh invisible hand

Not really, it's very visible. Normally you see it in the form of a giant animal with fuck-off-big claws.

>the more you read about it the more nonsensical it becomes.
That which endures, endures.
That which does not, does not.

>nonsensical

you're not reading it properly then
>pic related, it's you

>It's literally the "muh invisible hand" of the biological sciences.
Yes? What are you implying OP?

It's not. You don't understand it, learn basic biology and the basic concepts (of which are thoroughly proven) of evolution before shitposting.

>Prove me wrong.
>Protip: you literally can't
What kind of ass-backwards education do you have where that looks like a reasonable argument to you?

>he thinks the invisible hand is fake
l o l

Eh I dunno
dx.doi.org/10.1038/nn.3594

Doesn't look that invisible

At least he's consistent in not grasping/accepting emergent phenomena. He could fix both of these problems in one shot.

ITT: NEETs and undergrads defend evolution from obvious troll to feel cool

The "invisible hand" you speak of is a logic algorithm. A very simple logic algorithm that can create complexity. Fractals are an example of simple algos that create complexity.

The algo for evolution is "randomize a system and make the most efficient/adapted system proliferate faster/more than the rest." It's invisible because it's a form of intelligence. A very crude and rudimentary intelligence but still intelligence. It's invisible the same way the 1s and 0s in your computer are invisible.

You don't believe your computer runs off the power of god, do you?

>He posts on Veeky Forums

Where the fuck do you think you are?

>Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on Veeky Forums by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is Veeky Forums. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it...

>randomize a system
you can't possibly be randomizing something as complex, information must be transfered or at least stored in some way or another for the successive generations to truly evolve

that's what DNA is for user

No, evolution is one of those things you eventually realise you can prove by induction given a simple set of starting conditions and which can be easily generalised to understand the behaviour of a wide range of time-dependent systems with features of heredity and selectivity, not just evolutionary biology.

You fucking brainlet.

>can easily demonstrate evolution occurring with viruses or fruit flies in a lab environment

OP, it's fine if you die

It's true because it can be examined with bacteria colonies by a middle schooler. You can literally go grab some pond scum right now and throw it under a microscope and watch for changes in colonies over time. This isnt even up for debate desu.
The more pressing question is if mankind got to the state we are in now by evolution, or if we were intelligently designed while still being subject to the rules of evolution once our creator left us alone here on earth.
Because intelligent design is most definitely possible as we have demonstrated with CRISPR. So did we form naturally? Did aliens use CRISPR like methods on apes to make us (or did a virus made by aliens on an asteroid hit the earth and happen be configured to only effect certain apes)? Did God make us?

I don't know.

The invisible hand doesn't mean magical handwaving. It means that when you're looking out for your best interest, you're implicitly improving the economy.

>he didnt prove evolution by induction in high school

>aeon.co/essays/on-epigenetics-we-need-both-darwin-s-and-lamarck-s-theories

"If everyone in the world, including the well-educated
and experts, seems to be wrong and stupid, consider
that it may be you who is wrong and stupid.
It is far more likely that you are looking at the world
though a flawed lens, than it is that everybody else
in the world has a flaw in the exact same place
where yours is clear."
– a previous post

Yes, Christopher Columbus was a madman for believing the world was round when everyone said it wasn't.

I'd argue the exact opposite.
Facts are never wrong, only their interpretations are wrong. Getting interpretation of the facts 2nd hand or 3rd hand, or further creates compounding errors in the truth. This is seen in passing a message from one person to the next till the original message is distorted and lost. It's far more likely that the vast majority of people have distorted interpretations of the truth and only a very small percent of people or those who've seen the facts 1st hand have an accurate interpretation of the truth.

>what?
go look up ratio of beneficial mutation; duplication events ( homeobox genes are the most interesting example from a macro-evolutionary perspective ); go look up neutral mutation theory

then go do some BLAST comparisons and see for yourself how robust and redundant life is

the only 'magic' portion is origin of life, and you can similarly assume it evoluted in a robust and redundant manner: there were billions of turn over events forming self-replicating enzymes-protein-genetic material fusions, and a multiplicity of locations

>"muh invisible hand"
>wrong

>Yes, Christopher Columbus was a madman for believing the world was round when everyone said it wasn't.
You're so wrong that even your analogies are to things that are wrong. It's like some kind of poetry.

So not only do you not understand evolution in biology, you don't understand evolution in market economies? At least you're consistently retarded, usually people accept one and reject the other.

>muh invisible hand

fapping doesn't count user

>mutations arise, from either errors in translation, or spontaneity, or environmental factors, or a mix of all.
> some are beneficial some harmful
>beneficial ones get passed on

See? not so nonsensical!

bullshit

big guys wanna fuck small chicks because they have small dicks

that is evolution

Not an argument

Thanks for this only decent reply in the thread.

I like how you greentexted the copypasta to distance yourself from it as though merely posting it at all didn't make you a mouthbreather.

>Yes, Christopher Columbus was a madman for believing the world was round when everyone said it wasn't.
Good god damn son, this better be bait.

Macroevolution has literally never been demonstrated. Even that 20 years old bacteria experiment failed to demonstrate macroevolution.

Definitely bro, people who believe in evolution just aren't thinking for themselves. I mean, the whole theory relies on the assumption that one biological kind (not necessarily species) can turn into another kind. There are two possible ways that could happen, either it happens during the lifetime of an individual animal, or it happens accrost generations. obviously it can't happen in an individual orngasm's lifetime, because changes in its lifetime are not passed down to its children! so the only option for evolutionists is to BELIEVE that it's possible to happen accrost generations. In other words, darwinists believe that an organism can have offspring that are a different biological kind that it is. But this has never been observed, so there's no evidence for it. A horse can't give birth to a giraffe.

Trump University

Define macroevolution.
Rigorously define "Kind".
As for the rest of your post the words gradient as well as ploidy (Depending on how broadly you define a bullshit term like "Kind") are useful in dismantling what little argument you have.

>The product is the same as the action
No.

>The endure because they endure, they don't because they don't.
Such insightful observations from the """"science"""" of evolution.

>you literally can't
OP was right.

Lel.

i love that pick, the implied "evolution" that is going to happen, that girls intense desire to get a womb full of evolution, its great

>but the more you read about it the more nonsensical it becomes.

Maybe if you're dumb.

Then why do harmful ones like your autism get passed on?

Checkmate atheists.