Can someone refute the scientific validity of this?

learning-mind.com/remote-neural-monitoring-how-they-spy-on-your-thoughts/

I'm writing a paper on schizophrenia and persecutory delusions. Throughout the centuries there's always been an "influencing machine" that sufferers perceive to be the source of their hallucinations, the link above being no different. However in this world of perpetual paranoia, the delusions have become so outrageously more perplexing due to schizos and their fear-mongerers pinning a pseudo-scientific backbone to the fear. The link above suggests a canvas of "word salad" to me, or at the very least someone desperately attempting to appear scientific, but I'm curious as to whether such a thing could become possible in the future, if at all? I'm not considered with the legitimacy of this conspiracy, I'm curious as to whether it has any basis in reality whatsoever. It delves into precisely the same questionable territory as "tinfoil" and gangstalking conspiracies, but I truly am curious about the science.

If "uploading consciousness" is considered a possibility in the future, why not downloading consciousness? Perhaps these schizos are mentally ill off-kilter futurologists?

this ha snothing to do with schizophrenia and your post is difficult to read.

CIA does have a behavior prediction program that has near 99% accuracy if given enough information about a subject. The program can be used on individuals or on groups like terrorist cells. The predictions it makes are reported to be kinda vague like there's a 90% chance this person will eat today, and a 60% chance they'll eat at this restaurant. Data can be scrapped from social media like facebook, twitter, ect.
Here's another example. Facebook has openly and shamelessly admitted to delivering specific news to specific groups people in an experiment to manipulate their emotions. Who knows what they do that they don't want to admit to.

Combine those two programs and in theory you can control a persons or group of persons actions through social media alone. (this might explain the election BTW) Although the extent of control may be limited and choosing which restaurant you eat at or something silly or it could be something grander. But we're assaulted with advertisements every day which attempt to control our brains and tell us what to buy and eat. This sort of thing is becoming normalized and is escalating faster than the public can react to it.

>this has nothing to do with schizophrenia
Even if you truly believe such a thing, read the comments from that link. Textbook cases of schizophrenia reside there.

What applications does such a thing have?

>What applications does such a thing have?
pretty much anything you'd wanna do with advertising

It's funny how the idea of "they're all watching us and wanna control our minds" is considered crazy, when that's exactly the goal of meta-data gathering and targeted advertisements. People accept it because they don't believe it's very effective, and it's not. But in a decade or two when science has advanced enough where it is possible, this shit will be normalized as "the natural progression of the advertising industry."

i just dont really know what youre getting at.

To clarify myself, schizophrenics hear auditory hallucinations and those whole believe in this conspiracy purport it can induce auditory hallucinations.

This is also a sympton of sleep deprivation and sleeping without earplugs if someone plays sounds for you when you sleep (if you are accidentally awake).

so whats your raison d'etre? what is your point to make

But if you hit on a dream with that audio it is damn useful to subconsciously affect peoples desires.

You don't feel like going on a road trip? ;)

Curiosity bumped the thread

Can't wait

>look up one of the references about the doctor
>it's the same anecdote posted all across a myriad of conspiracy websites while the doctor himself appears to be a normal dude
Imagine having your reputation ruined by a bunch of tinfoils.

If we understood 100% how the subject's brain works, we could in theory design a system that locates a person's brain cells (by THz radiation or some form of MRI) in 3D space, then induce special current patters through magnetic far field patterns to influence his thoughts and behavior.
It's probably unfeasable and hazardous to engineer with current tech but all the pieces are there.

>uploading is always a bijection

Explain

I don't think so. Like you can be suspicious about your senses not being right you can be suspicious about your thoughts not being right.

People with mental illnesses who have hallucinations can sometimes function relatively well because of their critical thinking, disbelieving stuff they realize are unrealistic.

They could probably develop something similar regarding their thoughts.

I don't quite grasp what you're saying. Are you implying that if the link in OP were to be true there'd be no distinguishable difference between it's application and schizophrenia? Because that's the type of shit the schizos who believe in the conspiracy actually think.

Pretty hardcore shit