Was this guy important

or did Nazi boy steal all his work from Husserl?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heideggerian_terminology
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He's one of greatest philosophers of all time so yes.

isn't Being and Time generally considered good?

Yes it is. It's a hard read though.

I have a class on him this semester. Any witty Veeky Forums tips?

Just read up on his terminology. A lot of that is hard to get into, but it'll do wonders for you if you know it before the class.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heideggerian_terminology

like Hegel level hard?

Heidegger's philosophy of time is just a mild re-imagining of Husserl, his being is just poorly written existentialism (Mostly Kierkegaard).

If you're going to read 20th century philosophy don't waste your time with the losing side.

>like Hegel level hard?

It depends. The Phenomenology of Spirit is an extremely difficult read, but Being and Time isn't that difficult as long as you understand his terminology.

But both of the books would be incomprehensible if you just picked them out of a bookshelf with little or no knowledge of either of them.

the western buddha *yawns*

Just listen to these scholars OP. He wrote a book that is long, hard, and good. He's great, the greatest for sure. And his philosophy is hard. Make sure you study for the test, cuz when it comes it will be hard, and good. If you don't do well that's ok. Just remember, you didn't understand a single word because it was hard and good.

This is the worst example of sarcasm I've seen on this board.

You must be twelve.

I agree that Wittgenstein was probably a more profound philosopher than Heidegger

Heidegger's "difficulty" is deceptive because of his poor writing and terminology

>logical positivism
>profound

Confirmed for liking it good and hard.

You should read the book that comes after the Tractatus if you want to have an opinion.

there is actually nothing really wrong with logical positivism...its pretty much the most logical viewpoint of the world

its just, it trivializes philosophy so it fell out of style, but it was never really proven wrong

>sarcasm
What the heck do you mean? I was being serious. Heidegger is my favorite philosopher, and I'm an expert on his philosophy.

>there is actually nothing really wrong with logical positivism...
>its pretty much the most logical viewpoint of the world

Just stop, you're embarrassing yourself

wait, he does have great things to say about technology.

He really doesn't like it at all.

Whatever faggot I laughed at it