Philosophy major

>Philosophy major
>Hate philosophy

I would like to pursue something abstract that makes me look smart in family reunions.

I thought about switching to pure math.

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/what-is-rokos-basilisk-2014-8
blog.talkingphilosophy.com/?p=7263
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just keep in mind that you have to actually be smart for pure math.

If your aim is to impress strangers you're 100 times better off becoming a medical doctor or even an engineer or lawyer.

Most people think math/science students are sort of spergy and entirely unemployable.

For example for Thanksgiving I discussed Descartes famous idea of "I think, therefore I am" to my relatives. They were very much impressed and were glad they finally grasped its meaning. I understand that this guy Euclid did something similar but for mathematics.

That niggas pretty kawaii nigga.

more like Photoshop major ;))))

you think about yourself too much

Keep in mind that Descartes was a mathematician and a huge influence on modern-day mathematics. The Cartesian plane is named after him.

businessinsider.com/what-is-rokos-basilisk-2014-8
blog.talkingphilosophy.com/?p=7263

>hates philosophy
>wants to do pure math

>philosophy is math
Yes and Bertrand Russell is enjoyable reading

they are similar enough that if you hate one, you are probably going to hate the other.

this isn't a Masters
besides the logic courses what other philo-style courses are there?

>look smart
ENG

Not necessarily true, I love philosophy but grew out of liking pure math didn't satisfy me at all. I think the activity is different enough from philosophy to not warrant a correlation between liking the two. The thing they have most in common is that they can boggle your mind to reach an answer.

Veeky Forums really has gone to shit recently

Is that a drow?

Being smart is not based off of how much you know, but rather it is a mindset.

>Narcissistic personality disorder
>Egotistical
>Fuck off

I'm sorry user, you are probably too stupid for mathematics

source: me. math undergrad and now attending math masters. already accepted into math phd.

Veeky Forums always was shit newfriend

The only thing that I'm worried about is job prospects.

Whereas a philosophy degree is inherently multidisciplinary and has been dubbed "the ultimate transferable work skill", pure math seems very narrow and there doesn't seem to be any job prospects outside of academia.

Thoughts?