Alrighty, you little nerds...

Alrighty, you little nerds. For too long have I felt like a dumb ass trying to hit up on your precious little nerdettes only to be ridiculed and shot down because I can't solve derivatives or know what a stupid hippopotenuse is. It's time to git good at mathematics once and for all. I'm doing a total reboot and starting from the essentials. I'll be constructing a diagram that takes me from the basics of arithmetic all the way up to the complex things like calculus and linear algebra. My aim is to calibrate my level and diagnose my weaknesses. Any help on where to start or what literature to read would be greatly appreciated with a wedgie pass.

Other urls found in this thread:

khanacademy.org/math/algebra/algebra-functions
youtu.be/54_XRjHhZzI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I guess it's a journey we'll be taking together then.

Where are you starting? Algebra?
Arithmetic?

Also

>lifting for girls
>mathing for girls

SHIGGYDIGGY

>Any help on where to start
How about you start with the sticky.

I'd say something mean here, but I won't because I can only respect someone trying to improve themselves.

I've got solid arithmetic, but i'm gonna start by grinding for speed. Currently scouring youtube for a decent tutor. Let me know if you find anything relative to that, I think I can definitely move on to basic algebras while I boost my speed.

What the fuck?

No one cares about how fast you can calculate the sum of 10 digit numbers, I will always beat you with a calculator.

khanacademy.org/math/algebra/algebra-functions

Maybe so, but my brain is a calculator and I wanna make sure it's working strong and fast.

Adding numbers in your head doesn't mean anything if you don't know 7th grade trigonometry.

>complex things
>calculus and linear algebra
zozzle

I'm awesome at Trig, I just wanna reboot. Kinda like starting a new character in WoW. I wanna be good with numbers in general and less intimidated when presented with an expression.

Kill your original character.

The obvious answer for a tutor would be Khan Academy.

Forgot my password.
Not everyone gets those subjects. I guarantee the average student repeats them at least once.

>hippopotenuse
fucking kekkles

There is an EXCELLENT tutor for calculus 1-3

The man himself
youtu.be/54_XRjHhZzI

He helped me when I was taking calc 1.
I got a D, but that's probably just cause I'd start cramming the week of an exam. I also missed class. Alot.

Thinking back, I should've went to the military out of high school to at least gain some valuable skills instead of hovering around an uncertain purgatory for two years.

At least I'm here now building the foundation I so ignorantly rejected.

>linear Algebra
>complex

See
He beat ya to it buddy. Maybe next time.

Thanks, man

There's no definite sequence to math and even a diagram for "calculus and linear algebra" looks like a mess

(not OP) Just wondering if someone had an interest in number theory what path would they follow?

alright, well in your opinion What would be the simplest and most complicated mathematical subjects. I think just getting my bearings will help me decide my path.

derivatives are just simple algebra

math suffers from the same thing as programming. people think it's hard because they get lost in definitions and the esoteric syntax without realizing that it's not actually very challenging once you can speak the language.

This. too many people take the same path from algebra to calc 1-3 to linear. I understand it's the fundamentals but there is really no set path to mathematics and you could potentially find a replacement for these subjects if you just start at a different point (as long as you stay focussed and rational, don't pull a wildberger)

Something unique and relating to mathematics in a very general way would be a proofs class, as well as some number theory, logic, or topology. What interests you? When solving a problem, do you use shapes and geometry or are you more into plugging in the numbers and experimenting, or do you prefer playing with variables in an equation? There are so many mysteries in every subject, but if you focus on what you're good at you're more likely to stay in the field of maths and helping the rest of us.

do you have something similar for physic?

>complex things
>calculus
>linear algebra

Sometimes I forget this board consists almost entirely of highschoolers.

Well I've dabbled in computer programming. So I'm often having to create a formula to describe some type of spacial phenomena into a multivariable formula. I would firstly like to find ways to make more formulas to describe certain characteristics of spacial, And I'd like to also better simplify my current formulas so the processor isn't so busy. So I think I'm looking more down the path of geometry/trigonometry and some algebra.

>engineering