Do you believe in life on Europa?

Do you believe in life on Europa?

There's no reason to think there is any, and it's highly unlikely.

I find life on Mars more likely. And that's not very likely.

life is a statistical anomaly. it doesnt actually exist

>no reason
There is liquid water and probably vents on the bottom.
It should be enough for simple unicellular life, some theories even put the origin of life on earth in those very same conditions.
So plenty of reasons.
>highly unlikely
I wouldn't bet any money on it but we don't have any statistical data about life in the universe, the need for liquid water for carbon based life (the only one we know of) is really all we can say for certain.

There's like 500 million people living in there, depending on where you draw the line

>americans in charge of geography

I want to believe

Jupiter moon europa

lel

It's definitely possible. We don't know much of what happends below the ice. Could be some incredible rich life, bags of air, lakes, warmer areas and so on.

It's being replaced by musims.

there's life for sure, but intelligent life?

There's an entire undersea civilization of octopus people kept warm by the vents. Because they've never been to the surface, they believe the entire world is their dark underwater realm.

Conditions were far more friendly here for a long time but life multicellular life didn't appear until just 800 million years ago. It is highly unlikely that there is life on Europa but it is likely that it would be possible to survive there.

If there is life, it's most certainly not intelligent.

So I don't really care that much.

Belief doesn't enter into it. Either it exists or it doesn't. We'll find out when we make adequate observations.

This and only this

>hey guys, we're your neighbors
>you mean from the next vent over? I always wanted to go there
>no, we're from space
>what's space?
>well, it's where the water stops
>hold up, water stops at some point?
>ok so
>picture everything you can picture
>and we're from several million miles beyond that

>n Europa but it is likely that it would be possible to survive there.
so if you took a probe that drilled into europas sea with a payload consisting entirely of extremophile bacteria, then you have basically planted the sea of life

>whats a mile?

The octopus people obviously have their own units of measurement, we just have to physically show them what a mile means.

Tfw no octopus gf to show me around the deepest trenches of the ocean

i am an intellegent european

Feels bad mollusk

nah too cold, i do however believe in extremophilic single celled life on mars

That would actually be one of the coolest things ever and certainly lend a measure of credence toward the existence of life elsewhere in the galaxy/local group. Y'know, since Milkdromada soon?

If we sent a rocket there with some sort of mega-bacteria/fungus and it entered the ocean and expanded to fill up the entire ocean, would it gain cognizance and become the flood from halo? That would be cool lol.

you need an energy source and complex organic chemistry.