Can we just admit that she is the best writer

of the 20th century... I mean Songs of Solomon, Beloved

both are much more ambitious works than Ulysses ever was

not even just the 20th century...she surpasses 19th century authors like Leo Tolstoy

Tolstoy had an inferior mind and skill to Morrison, Joyce was inferior as well

yeah sure why not.

Literally who.

Morrison is good. Song of Solomon is a little hamfisted at points, but it reads very well.

If you're going to pull Russian liturgy into this though, Tolstoy isn;t the one to do it with. not to mention that he wasn't primarily 20th century.

have you read Songs of Solomon

its way more ambitious than Ulysses

YES

The memes never stop.

i dont think you're using the books the way they are intended to be used. its not just an eye exercise user.
BRAIN SUPPOSED GET BIGGER user

Why do you choose to make yourself feel so small and isolated? Why don't you find peace through bettering yourself and stop blaming others for your failures?

I was born white and male.

I am inherently superior to about 99% of the world's population, cuck

Stop taking the bait mongoloid

You picked a really weird pic of gene wolfe

i don't think you know what you're talking about.

is it true?

I really dont like her writing style but the topics are pretty interesting

she isn't bad enough for this to be good bait so it's just weird

I mean, I love Morrison more than most, but I'm not sure if I would call it "more ambitious than Ulysses"

It's new irony.

And what topics are those?

I've only read Beloved and it was awful. Then again, it was for school, and they were trying to push the "reparations must be paid for slavery" agenda so I grew sick of it. Do her other books deal with the same topic as well?

i believe the topic originated in another thread where a hysterical woman from reddit tried to argue that women are as good as men are at writing just because morrison exists, and also claimed that nobody actually reads or likes james joyce

As in a screencap from reddit. Because otherwise I think you need to learn the new meta.

it doesn't take a screencap to know when someone fits in with redditors better than they fit in here

And apparently its readership can't use apostrophes. Come on, son, you're on Veeky Forums.

I'm not your son; I'm my wive's son.

who