Who else /hates brainlets/ here?

Who else /hates brainlets/ here?

Stuff I hear nearly every week:
>I'm just not a math person!
>This is so complicated, haha
>Anyone got a calculator?
>Can someone google (simple formula) for me?
>I'm glad I didn't take high level math

Reminder:
>If you "don't like" math, you're a brainlet
>If you haven't completed any college-level math courses, you're a brainlet
>If you can't differentiate logarithmic polynomials mentally in under 2 minutes, you're a brainlet

Brainlets can go die

luhmao xd

>Brainlets can go die

>Brainlets all die
>OP can't get his diapers changed anymore

Elitist fuck, I have the same thoughts about people objectively better at than me but can't stomach even the most basics concepts of philosophy.

>BRAINLETS
>R
>A
>I
>N
>L
>E
>T
>S

>friend only had A in all scientific courses of the uni
>take philosophy class, is completely lost
>try to explain him basic positivism
>he literally can't process it
>keeps saying that it's better to present "facts" rather than an argument thesis trying to prove something
>despite having done the exact same thing during several experiments

Reminder:
>If you "don't like" philosophy, you're a brainlet
>If you can't read a philosophy book and understand it, you're a brainlet
>If you can't identify or take a position on a relatively general subject (ethics, epistemology, politics) and improvise arguments on the go (even those against your personal viewpoint) you're a brainlet

I hate lazy fucks more than brainlets. Watching my roommates grades drop right now.

I'd like for brianlets to exist because brainlets allow you to know you are superior.

There are people who say they literally can't do math, even the basic shit, while you are going balls deep into number theory. It allows me to feel superior.

I also allows me to get good jobs. Math jobs pay much more than they should. Most people with a bachelors degree in math go into teaching, software, finance or other technology fields and make way more than they should.

Even a retard could do what a mathematician working in those fields can... but most people would not put the effort to learn even basic stats + numerical analysis which is most of the time all you need.

That is why I generally oppose any initiative to "teach more math" to young students. Fuck that shit. I want only the top 3 students of a class understanding mathematics. Everyone else can go fuck themselves.

If I could I would immediately shut down khan academy because seemingly people here say they actually were able to get back in track in mathematics because of it. I once even tried to see if I could find a flaw in their security and exploit it but unfortunately I am just not good enough at that kind of shit.

Some months ago a PhD in pure mathematics came to my country to give a speech about 'how to teach math the fun way to kids'. THAT MOTHERFUCKER. Does he realize he is playing with fire there? DO NOT let the brainlets know that math is like doing drugs. DO NOT FUCKING LET THEM KNOW BECAUSE THEN OUR JOBS ARE GONE

POOF

GONE

300k starting?

More like 300k pennies starting because the industry is going to be saturated.

let me guess, you're a virgin and have no friends

Interesting

>Anyone got a calculator?
"who would use a calculator anyway?" said user, on his computer

>If you can't differentiate logarithmic polynomials mentally in under 2 minutes, you're a brainlet
cool, let me just write out a list of terms that's 100 pages long

I had to google how to do integration by parts yesterday.
>tfw to intelligent too memorize formulas

>If you haven't completed any college-level math courses, you're a brainlet

stupid criteria, you entitled, smug prick. College isn't necessary with the plethora of resources online. That being said I do attend anyway though because I need the validation in my directionless life.

>every one that doesn't like maths is brainlets.
>implying you have to like something to be good at it
nice one brainlet

>tfw calc4 prof would always give us equalities on exams that let us skip integration by parts because he didn't trust anyone to do it

>Stuff I hear nearly every week
Why are you listening to brainlets on a weekly basis? It sounds to me like you are one of them.
>>This is so complicated, haha
In what context did you hear this? If it's a simple class then I'd understand, but then I could just shit on you for being in a simple class with them.
>>Anyone got a calculator?
Again, when do you hear this? The only time a brainlet is asking to borrow a calculator is in math class, which means you're in the retard math along with them. If you get asked out in public for a calculator, that person is not a brainlet they are just poor.
>>Can someone google (simple formula) for me?
The same as the last scenario. This is only said by brainlets in class, because they couldn't care less once they get out. So either you're in a class with a bunch of brainlets, or that person just can't afford their own smartphone and you're mislabelling a poor person as stupid.
>>I'm glad I didn't take high level math
Seriously, what context was this in? Where the fuck are you going where people are talking about not taking higher level math? You should be studying in solitary rather than hanging around with a bunch of brainlets. Brainlets exist and they always will, but only another brainlet would be remotely bothered by this fact.

I'm not a big philosophy guy, so could you explain to me your definition of "argument thesis"? It sounds like your friend was correct, he just didn't understand the made up philosophy words you used to try to sound more intelligent.

brainletism is /pol/ equivalent of being black

I'm graduating in maths and i hear people from my course saying that they don't like maths

Yesterday on the bus i heard a stupid roastie that studies physics saying shit like that for the whole 40mins trip:
>Why do i have to study geometry?
>I'm graduating in physics, not in fucking geometry
>I'm sooo bad at math haha :)

Brainlet reporting.
>tfw IQ 111
>never took any math beyond algebra 2
>filthy electron8cs technician
>run into engineers, assume they are smarter than me
>turns out they can't use tools properly, don't understand how to troubleshoot complex systems
>they suck at math as bad as I do
No wonder you guys hate "engineers"

*electronics
Fat finger syndrome.

>i am a homo and Veeky Forums is my blog, lol

Reminder that if you're a philosophy student and haven't read a mathematical proof and understood it you're a brainlet
Mathematical proofs are pure logic and every philosophy student should be able to follow at least the most fundamental ones

Youre friend is a brainlet as well btw

>good at math, elitist even
>can't into basic CS exploits in a site run by a literal pooinloo
BRAINLETS LMAO

>>can't into basic CS exploits in a site run by a literal pooinloo

That's the point. I tried the basic exploits and those failed because he has basic security and I am

>tfw too smart to waste my time learning more about web security

And here folks is """"individualism"""" and your captalism at work

>Trigger

I did. Engineering doing philosophy on the side.

Argumented thesis. Typo.

>calc4
???
>can't do integration by parts

JUST

There is nothing wrong with that. Some people are natural at math and some people aren't. I don't want to supress people who are just good at math, I just want to prevent people who are shit at it to become moderately good at it so that then they can invade my job market.

That is exactly what medicine has been doing for centuries and no one has EVER had a problem with that. Basic medicine is a fundamental skill, much more fundamental than fucking literature or other crap they teach in schools.

Why do you think there is no medicine class in most high schools?

Why do you think there is also no medicine major?

Simply, doctors do not want too much competition. So first you need to have a high school degree to study it (this disqualifies like 20% of the population).

Then you need a college degree (this disqualifies like 50% of the remaining population)

Then you NEED to be accepted by Medical schools, private places owned by doctors, with doctor interests who can simply decide to reject you on any basis. Usually on skill but remember that this places have a maximum capacity and if they are already full (or want to pretend they are full) they can simply reject anyone else who wants to come in.

Every year all med schools get filled and then inside are obstacles so that only a small percentage of those that got in can come out with an actual doctor degree.

That way wages have stayed high and competition low.

I just want something similar for mathematics, but I don't want to go too far. I do not want a pre-math major just like there are premeds. I just don't want extra help for kids who are not naturals.

>invade my job market.
You realize that the best mathematicians of our day all turn down the cash prizes for their discoveries? Being a selfish prick is not normal for your kind.

You just pointed out every flaw of education in medicine, yet you want to make mathematics more like it? That's retarded, you should be advocating for medicine to be taught more like mathematics.

>I just don't want extra help for kids who are not naturals.
The kids who are not naturals are the only ones that need the extra help. If you need extra help, you are not a natural by definition. I'm sorry that you are triggered by greater standard of living and more help being available to those who need it.

>You realize that the best mathematicians of our day all turn down the cash prizes for their discoveries? Being a selfish prick is not normal for your kind.

Yeah but those mathematicians already have good jobs. Any mathematician who solves a big problem already has an amazing job. Terence Tao gets paid half a million a year for teaching at his university, look it up in his website.

Who the fuck needs a prize when you are already making much more than you could possibly need?

If mathematicians were fucking poor because of saturation and were all earning 50k a year then believe me, they would want every single Penny.

Like, imagine if Perelman was fucking homeless. He has the privilege of turning down money because he has a home and he has enough money for what he wants in life. If he was homeless he would take that fucking money and probably even commit tax evasion so that no one takes any of it.

>The kids who are not naturals are the only ones that need the extra help.

No, Terence Tao was a natural and he got extra help.

In my ideal world, children would be separated based on math skill from the moment they get into school. The top 3 students who are naturals should get first a salary for being smart, trips to math conferences around the world, and top teachers. One teacher for each student. Basically what Terence Tao got when he was a child but for every prodigy.

The kids on the lower classes should be ignored almost completely. Just pay some guy to go into class once a week to tell them which chapter they are supposed to read and then go back to the main class with the smart students.

Let the top rise above and let the bottom sink deeper. That is how I want mathematics to be. Of course, every year a new test should be taken to decide who stays in their class and who is promoted/demoted.

>You just pointed out every flaw of education in medicine, yet you want to make mathematics more like it? That's retarded, you should be advocating for medicine to be taught more like mathematics.

They are not flaws, they are strategies. Those strategies allow even the most retarded doctors (kid doctors and shit) to earn 6 figures. That is fucking smart.

>Who the fuck needs a prize when you are already making much more than you could possibly need?
Then why would they accept the salary that pays them much more than they need, if they don't accept the cash prize because it's more than they need? These people don't care about their salary one bit, they care about mathematics. They want the field to be oversaturated, why don't you?

>If mathematicians were fucking poor because of saturation and were all earning 50k a year then believe me, they would want every single Penny.
I don't believe you. Fermat did mathematics for free because he was bored with his normal job. Not everyone is a selfish prick like yourself. In fact the majority of people aren't.

>No, Terence Tao was a natural and he got extra help.
What exactly is the story for this guy? Was his private teacher payed for by the public school system or his parents, or did people just recognize his genius and offer him a free apprenticeship?

>The top 3 students who are naturals should get first a salary for being smart
You sound like one of those "smart but lazy" people that think they deserve something for doing nothing.

>Let the top rise above and let the bottom sink deeper. That is how I want mathematics to be.
What, why do you want this? It wouldn't be good for mathematics, only good for mathematicians. Maybe the reason you're so worried normies will take your job is because you don't have the passion to beat them?

>Of course, every year a new test should be taken to decide who stays in their class and who is promoted/demoted.
Standardized testing is the greatest downfall of our education system. Being good at answering problems under pressure has no relation to what mathematicians actually do in their career. If you want to solve any open problems, looking for good test takers is the last thing you want. These problems require years of contemplation and new innovative ways of thinking.

Knowledge>wisdom
>thread

They are strategies from the point of view of doctors. But to the general public and society as a whole, they are flaws. If there was a class on medicine in high school and medical knowledge was more widespread among common people, anyone would be able to call out shitty doctors on their bullshit or inexperience. The only people that fear this are the shitty doctors, as they should. Just like how the only people fearing widespread mathematical knowledge are the shitty mathematicians. I don't understand why you'd choose "feeling superior" over getting the frauds out of your field.

>Then why would they accept the salary that pays them much more than they need

Because they don't want to be homeless?

>These people don't care about their salary one bit
They would care if they were poor.

Most famous mathematicians come from first world countries and well of families. They've had money all their lives, they are not hungry for anything.

>Fermat did mathematics for free because he was bored with his normal job.

Sure, but he had a job. He wasn't homeless. He was not in dire need. He was probably rich though I haven't read his story but most mathematicians from those times came from rich families or well at least upper middle class.

>What exactly is the story for this guy?

When he was 3 he was teaching 8 year olds basic mathematics, his parents saw this and got him a real mathematician to homeschool him mathematics the way it is taught in university. Then he won a fields medal when he was like 20.

>You sound like one of those "smart but lazy" people that think they deserve something for doing nothing.

I am not smart but lazy. I am smart and very hardworking.

>What, why do you want this?
To produce better mathematicians. Having above average students study the same mathematics as retards just slows their learning process. Many high school kids just get As in every test without even putting effort. Imagine if they had a personal tutor like Terence Tao.

Obviously, the money for personal tutors for every above average student must come from somewhere and I say it should come at the expense of the lower students. Simply give them a shittier education, just pay 5 bucks to a guy to come tell them which chapter they have to read, and then funnel all the money into the above average kids.

>Standardized testing is the greatest downfall of our education system.

It doesn't need to be a standard test. I think of a merge between IQ tests and math olympiads tests.

>i am an insecure dick head who can't lift.