Which is your favourite element?

Mine are almost all metals:
(no particular order):
Iron, Nickel, Lead, Silicon (metalloid), Carbon (elemental, glassy Carbon version) and to a lesser extent, Aluminium and Copper.

Inspect Element is my favorite

but its probably silicon, not because of le computer science (I hate straight-up, programming it feels mindless, but I like shit in the vein of Matlab) but because it looks cool when pure and like its what rocks are made of.

>Which is your favourite element?

Suprise.

My favourite element is the autism particle

Ive always been fond of carbon.

hydrogen. Because a lot of the periodic table is pissing me off right now. FUCK YOU LANTHANIDES. FUCK YOU ACTINIDES. SUCK A COCK CARBON. EAT A DICK OXYGEN. FELLATE A PHALLUS NITROGEN. FUCK YOU TRANSITION METALS And most of all GO FUCK YOURSELVES POST-TRANSITION METALS!

Seriously fuck post transition metals

>what's your favorite element?
>I really like shitty boring metals and carbon

My fav is unobtanium. it's the rearest ore in the galaxy, next to mythril, adamantium, and of course, runite.
GIT GUD

positronium

Yeah I know it very well, in fact, as a nerd-collector of elements I've bought chips of 99'999% pure Silicon. BTW I noticed years ago after I liked those that in fact, they're all from the Carbon group, with 4 outer valence electrons. Silicon is a very stable element, hence is abundance. Are you into nuclear stability? If you take a look at Wikipedia's most common elements in both the Earth and the Solar System you'll find out that Silicon is quite abundant, slightly less than Iron.

Ok, since the fact I'm Aspie I don't know if you're trolling or noyt, but regardless, I liked your comment. The thing is, none of those are actual elements, bur rather alloys or alternate names for real elements. Mytrhil was first mentioned in the Lord of the Rings, if I'm not wrong, but even though it's described as light as (I don't remember) and stronger than steel, it's a reference to Silver. Next, adamantium is an actual iron alloy developed by a scientific group in the marvel universe. I don't know runite (so thanks, I'll investigate :) and finally unobtanium is just a 100% fictional elements since the fact all elements have been already discovered. Nice comment, tho. Thanks-

What about dragon and barrows metal?

Uranium is definitely my favourite. It has interesting reactivity and its compounds look noice. Besides, it's radioactive, which is cool.

>Mytrhil was first mentioned in the Lord of the Rings, if I'm not wrong, but even though it's described as light as (I don't remember) and stronger than steel, it's a reference to Silver
Mithril is stronger and lighter than steel, and so rare that it is essentially priceless - Bilbo's shirt being worth more than all the Shire wasn't really an exaggeration! It is not just a reference to silver.

Fluorine is pretty cool considering it can light water on fire

These days, I like Ruthenium.

You're right

Yeah it is. Pretty dangerous, tho. It killed many chemist who tried to isolate it.

Carbon, kind of helps me exist.

Cheapest (yet, fu expensive) member of the Platinum group family. Hard and brittle, resists all acids but not alkali. Interesting choice.

I'm a sucker for nitrogen, an essential for lots of explosives.

Tiberium

I also like metals a lot, especially iron. I think I just like metallurgy.

Caesium, Fluorine, and Polonium.

I like fire a lot, but water is probably my favorite.

Why is that world so fucking small?

I guess it's only as big as the story needs it to be.

Deep.

man, fuck aluminium

Hydrogen is my all around favorite.

>responsible for energy generation in biochemistry (pic related, ATPase molecular motor is driven by proton gradient and sequential protonations)
>acid-base chemistry
>highly explosive diatom in presence of oxygen
>can exist as five phases of matter, including metallic
>studying hydrogen gave rise to molecular orbital theory and quantum theory
>has a cool looking, beta-emitting radioisotope: tritium

I also love pretty much all of the platinum group metals.

This tbqh smdh. Aluminum is fucking trash.

>highly explosive diatom

Fucking topkek

t. biologist

Anybody else like scandium?

sup biobrah. What's your favorite element?

Copper is cool

Pretty sure mithril is just aluminum

Carbon. All life is need this to exist

Carbon, and around 50 or more other elements.
You're made up of around 80 % water. Without iron, you wouldn't be able to breathe. And what would carbon be without hydrogen. What else would you saturate it with. Halogens?

Manganese
>shitlot of oxidation states
>shitload of applications

Potassium because funny banana xd
Carbon & Nitrogen because life

Iron.

It's the core of the Earth, it's the core of the Sun, it's in your blood, it's the most stable nucleus, its ferromagnetism protects us from the solar wind, its alloys are some of the hardest and strongest materials it's possible to produce on a large scale and filings of it ward off the fey. What's not to love?

Tungsten.

As an aluminum welder I fucking hate aluminum.

>it's the core of the Sun

Let's hope it isn't holy shit

I like all halogens but especially chlorine. Nitrogen is cool too

The best element is bismuth, and if you disagree you are autistic.

>sun has an iron core
>blood has free iron
is this a new meme?

Barium....because its bary reactive

Phosphorous, the often overlooked biochemical element

>Liking degeneracy

Step aside faggots, Manganese mastermetal coming through

There is a trace amount of iron in the sun, and other stars have (admittedly usually briefly on astronomical timescales) an iron core

And you know exactly what I meant when I said there was iron in your blood

Our sun isn't massive enough to fuse iron

Oxygen. Required for respiration, combustion, reactions, etc.

Gallium - just a tiny droplet anywhere and you can spread it out almost infinitely.

I like the Lanthanide group elements for their glorious applications in geochemistry

iron is a pretty cool element eh kills fey and doesn't decay of anything

You can breathe with copper instead of iron