How were dinosaurs so big?

There does not seem to be any accepted scientific explanation as to how and why dinosaurs were the size of mini skyscrapers. Just how were dinosaurs not crushed by the effect of gravity?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oJfBSc6e7QQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wHMAT_i3-KQ&feature=youtu.be
dinosaurtheory.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

its a little thing called oxygen

dinosaurs were the life equivalent of styrafoam

Have you done the math on it? No? Then you have no reason to believe dinosaurs were over the sustainable mass.

>Just how were dinosaurs not crushed by the effect of gravity?

The biological scaffolding called bones and muscles maybe

There was a thread here a few weeks ago with a lot of links that claimed fossils are actually a meme. Worth a read even for Materialists. Can someone produce it?

Earth gravity was lower.
Ever noticed how thousands year old cities are buried in th soil? That's because the earth become 2-3 meters thicker every thousands year.
A few millions years ago, the earth was several km in diameter smaller, resulting in a lower gravity.

If you raised a person on higher concentration of oxygen, would they grow taller?

Because they ever learned

WTF? The amount of increased gravity from the soil (assuming all of it is from space dust because "weather? lol what's that?") wouldn't even be MEASURABLE let alone have an effect.

It's because the dinosaur evolved with humongous sizes "in mind". Humans could not become even twice as tall as they are because our bone/muscle structure is not "designed" to support something that big.

This is why physicists shouldn't biology.

kek

What about 1/12 of gravity back then ?

youtube.com/watch?v=oJfBSc6e7QQ

Being cold-blooded organisms could also be a contributing factor, a large warm-blooded organism would have to have a huge intake of food to warm such a large body, coupled with greenhouse conditions and a large atmospheric O2% you can see why growth rates would be high.

The universe was much much more hotter at the beginning when dinosaurs formed, the bosons that carry gravitys electrical force were still very hot, so they weighed less ie. ice getting heavier as it is cooled water.

So much memery in this thread.

Their size and structure was supported by the state of the environment at the time

>higher percent of atmospheric oxygen
>practically unlimited resources aka food
>genetic arms race

Resources were abundant because dinosaurs lived in a time where plants had finally colonized the land. Dinosaurs were the first to take advantage of these resources.

Haha, they never do the math. Sometimes I wonder if they even did the meth.

>Dinosaurs
>Being cold-blooded organisms
I bet you think they were too big for feathers too huh?

What? The thicker the Earth becomes, the less gravity there would be because we would be further from the center of gravity. Assuming the Earth's mass has stayed constant throughout which it would more or less have to since we don't have significant amounts of mass being added to us from other places.

Surface gravity on Pangea was lower when dinosaurs lived:
youtube.com/watch?v=wHMAT_i3-KQ&feature=youtu.be

This.
Inverse square laws you idiot.
The farther you are from a mass the less the effect of gravity.
This is actually plausible though.
It takes a massive amount of energy to maintain a homeostatic temperature.

>There does not seem to be any accepted scientific explanation as to how and why dinosaurs were the size of mini skyscrapers.

You busted them OP. Such creatures were impossible as described by our laws od physics. Dinosaurs were magic.

You're a bunch of tards.
Then again, I thought I was in /g/ for like a minute. Haven't slept since tuesday and I can finally rest now.

dinosaurtheory.com/

tldr according to that site, the atmosphere was much denser providing extra support