Literature in universities?

Anyone here reading literature in university? i am from a non english speaking country and decided to study an English A course while looking for a job, what i didnt expect was that the "English literature" would be books written by non-english, mainly african writers, writing about "da evil white mayne" and muh racism.

The literary segment of the course also includes "feminist criticism", "Marxist criticism" and "postcolonial criticism"
Not a single english author there.
Is this a new thing? i thought english literature would include shakespeare and the like.

Newsflash: Not every school teaches literature the same. I'll say what I always say
RESEARCH THE SCHOOL YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT ATTENDING

Same here.

We are supposed to read British and American literature but the only works we are assigned are women and nonwhites.

We've even been told that bringing white males into our essays as secondary literature will result in expulsion as it is -- and I quote the university -- 'an affront to the marginalized seeing as white men have been systematically trying to genocide them'.

I got the lowest grade possible for my first essay because I exemplified stream of consciousness writing by use of Joyce and I was told that if I'd picked Woolf, Stein or a colored person, I'd have gotten the highest possible grade. Got off with a warning

i dont have much to choose from, no money, i still live at home. The only reason i can go to uni is because i live close by. And even then i still need to get a job so i wont get kicked out from home.that sounds extreme, we have just started the course but i have a bad feeling about this.

Post pictures of your curricula.

Shit bait

Can't post pictures right now.

Also, in one of the classes all white males must always let women and nonwhites speak first if both he and them raise their hand to ask a question or comment on what's going on.

This is allegedly to make us understand and be in solidarity with the oppression they've suffered at our hands

its not in english, but the literature is Sula by toni morrison, Woza Albert by Mtwa percy
In the skin of a lion by Oondatje michael and some others, it also includes "postcolonial poetry" where its about black women feeling sad because they are fat, jamaicans rhyming about colonizing england and focuses on "the effects of power hierarchies, sex, race and gender in a european dominated world."

Post it anyway

>Can't post pictures right now.

Uh huh

I'm in my 5th year of an English degree and I haven't noticed any school of resentment stuff, except for when a student brings it up.

And my school is considered very PC.

i would but im not gonna risk my location haha, i dunno about the frogposter though, that seems a bit too extreme.

Pretty much this desu. Mostly women professors, but we still do Shakespeare etc. Of course there is some shit /kiosk lit/ stuff and token non-whites, but its bearable.

Only got bad today when our newly appointed professor (imported from America) talked about how he, as a feminist, was very sceptical about Bloom, but how he was intrigued now that he read some of what we have on our reading list (another professor organized the curriculum and such)

Maybe you just got lucky. This is genuinely how it is in universities these days

In one of my classes which was a mandatory class on African-American literature, we were forced to sit in the auditorium and see videos from BLACKED dot com to celebrate how far we'd come as a nation

You made it up, we get it.

People are more willing to believe this on /pol/ and /r9k/. Try it there

samefag shitposter

well dont believe if it you dont want to, but im not going to risk getting a message from an user on a mongolian throat singing forum to prove a point

At my school, in order to declare English as a major, you must sign a waiver indicating that you are a feminist and that you understand that you can be penalized if you say anything during class that another student may find offensive.

My uni has a policy that entails that all native born students must wash the clothes of foreign students and those with an immigrant or refugee background

why man? why?

>people are still surprised that universities have been infested with liberals and cucks
How is this even possible?

Stop giving them money.

Or just wait to the student loan debt bubble to pop and enjoy the fireworks.

im not giving them shit, dont even have to take loans to study, its a swedish university, so of course its infested with this garbage. I just thought that atleast literature wouldnt have turned into a white devil rollercoaster.

that's cool. Where youre from?