Time is the fourth dimension

>Time is the fourth dimension

But it is :O

You're wrong m8. It is OUR 4th dimension. There are many like it but this one is ours.

Theirs an infinite amount of time dimensions according to string theory. In one Universe there might be 1 time dimension but in another their might be 420 time dimensions. It's all due to dark energy.

The assumption that ita not is based inbred fact that we can't walk trough it. But like flat land shows, it's hard to visualize these temporal vector spaces

move left and right in time pls. ill wait. what's that you're only able to move in one direction at one pace you have no control over? well then that's NOT A FUCKING DIMENSION.

Move left and right in height please.

Time is not a spatial dimension you fucking retard.

These highschoolers I swear...

>Time is the fourth dimension
>Time is not a spatial dimension you fucking retard.
>the fourth dimension
>zero reading comprehension
>calls others retard

really gets the hamiltonians operating

>I don't know what I'm talking about
>I'll just post reaction images instead
back to you underage retard

>he unironically doesn't understand the context of saying time is a fourth dimension and insists its being referred to as a dimension that isn't spatial

i didn't know brainlets were this stubborn. how do public school teachers do it lads?

You know, when you have just graduated high school you find any reason to call others dumb highschoolers.

The same with people who say 'ugh these undergrads I swear!'.

It is if yoy want to graph the solutions to newton's equations in general form for a particle. Actually, you need 6 dimensions to graph the solutions in the phase space. So if you have N particles, you information is in a 6N dimensional space.

except those aren't real dimensions those are just for representing the information graphically. it's like saying there are 100 dimensions because you have 100 functions each with their own parameters for simulating light.

You can't say something isn't a dimension until you define dimension. Any idiot knows this.

Before you attempt to do so, here's a tip: they don't have to correlate to a physical space

they do if you want to say it's the fourth one, you fucking idiot. otherwise it's the first one in its correlation. are you really this stupid? do you just call whatever has similar properties the nth of a general set?

The Minkowski metric is more than a mere meme.

>it's like saying there are 100 dimensions
why would you think there aren't?

they aren't in that context. i'm not talking about generalities im talking about saying that each of them are ordinal to a particular dimension, like spatial or temporal; hint: they aren't.

>they do if you want to say it's the fourth one
You're right. Time isn't the fourth spatial dimension. But you still haven't explained why it can't be the 4th dimension in some model.

P.S. You still haven't defined it. Why don't you do that before arguing further.

im not arguing against the notion of multiple time dimensions. in fact there are such models called 2-time physics based on supersymmetry models from m-theory. this isn't the case and it's merely the misrepresentation of time as a fourth when it's the first temporal dimension.

Fuck off uncultured nigger. I will try to lay it out very simple for you so you don't come up with a bullshit response and start flinging shit.

Try your best to imagine a two dimensional person, like they were laying on the floor. Got it? Sure? Okay...
This person could move "left and right" and "up and down", but not on a third dimension, even though it exists. That third dimension is inaccesible to this person due to the way it exists. Now imagine that for a three dimensional person trying to move voluntarily through the fourth dimension. I know my analogy is not that accurate, but I'm trying to make a fucking chimp like you grasp the idea of what the fuck happens with our reality. If you're not as moronic as I believe you are, look up "Minkowski space", without the quotation marks you fucking idiot. Maybe that can help you better than what I wrote.

Now, fuck off and never come back, dipshit.

you are fucking retarded minkowski space is nothing like saying time is a 4th dimension. three dimensions of space (x, y, z) and one dimension of time means time is the first time dimension.

Time is a dimension, isnt it?
how come the dimensions are some ordered sequence all of the sudden

because it kind of is a spatial dimension, along which all 3d 'frames' are stacked

Time is the zeroth dimension.

look niggers, there is only 1 dimension.
prove me wrong

>fourth dimension
YOU PRAY TOO MUCH GAME!!