How can I learn Persian

How can I learn Persian
>inb4 go to Iran, Afghanistan or Tajikistan
are there decent resources online or in books?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit
4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/Persian
amazon.com/gp/product/B01FST7IE8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
amazon.com/gp/product/1939099455/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
amazon.com/gp/product/0936347295/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
amazon.com/gp/product/0844238155/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
amazon.com/gp/product/0415008867/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
amazon.com/gp/product/1939099188/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
amazon.com/Yourself-Icelandic-Complete-Course-Audiopack/dp/0071418962/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1473922048&sr=1-1&keywords=teach yourself icelandic
amazon.com/Beginners-Icelandic-Hippocrene-Helga-Hilmisdottir/dp/0781811910
amazon.com/Colloquial-Icelandic-Complete-Course-Beginners/dp/0415207061/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1473922142&sr=1-2&keywords=colloquial icelandic
how-to-learn-any-language.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=33304&PN=1
how-to-learn-any-language.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why the fuck do you want to learn persin

It seems cool

you won't succeed in learning a language if that's your reason for doing so.

Fuck off mate

no u

Something being 'cool' is literally the best reason to learn anything.

There's a link floating about for a mass of language-learning resources; someone may have it. Persian is definitely in there.

Really ? Because I've tried to learn languages that I thought were "cool" and I didn't get anywhere. But when there's a language that I want to learn for more utilitarian purposes, I tend to get much further. People always learn languages better when they have to.

Nice anecdote. I've never had to learn any language, and yet have learnt several.

I've never had to, either, but I have better reasons than just thinking the languages are "cool."

Still a fag m8

Stop fighting autistically and help me find resources

Persian or Farsi? Farsi you can just make friends in or from the middle east, but Persian you probably have to read something from around when the original Rosetta Stone was a fashionable language learning tool.

Same thing.

I ate out a Persian girl this year and she was hairy as fuck be careful

im gay so i dont care about women

> gay
> Persian

You'll fit right in.

Persian means Farsi. He didn't say Ancient Persian, just like anyone saying they wanna learn Greek doesn't mean Ancient Greek.

I'm Iranian/Persian (I hate calling myself persian)- your best bet is immersion mate. Not many other resources. It's not a very easy language to immerse yourself in though, but the grammar is simple as fuck... so good luck.

are you an ethnic persian or just an iranian?

>I hate calling myself persian
Why do you hate referring to yourself as Persian?

Fully ethnic persian, family's actually from the province of Fars where (supposedly) the Persians didn't intermingle with turks or arabs.

grew up in north america and identify as such though.

Because of shit like pic related

/int/ language learning wiki
/r/languagelearning

Search both of those and you'll find decent resources.

reddit com/r/languagelearning/comments/4ynhmm/want_to_learn_persianfarsi/

4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/Persian

Took literally less than a minute

Blah blah blah, anyone who speaks only their mother tongue is a pseud, not like me; I'm a REAL intellectual; I can speak eight different languages (two of them dead) but no matter what language I speak nobody will ever want to hear anything that comes out of my mouth, oh wah.

Nobody in this thread is saying that.
Learning languages is fun and rewarding. The "monoglots are plebs" memers are the worst people on this board and everyone knows it.

someone's insecure

Nope, I've just heard it all be-fucking-fore.

"I'm an eighteen year old college graduate and I speak four different languages aren't I clever ha-ha-ha"

Piss on it; the real mark of insecurity is pretending to be a master polyglot when your English skills alone are at best sub-par.

Now kindly fuck yourselves with a hairbrush and listen to college radio, you pair of shits.

You're a very cynical hateful person.

>be-fucking-fore
You have to be 18 to post on this site

monoglots sont plebs tho
je me suis completement sur parce que je suis americain et tous les gens pensent que je suis la plus patricienne personne dans le ville. ils m'invitent à tous les soirées elitaires pour parler un langage qui n'est pas ni anglais ni méxicain. c'est tres rare dans l'amerique a parler quelquechose come ca. cependant, c'est aussi sur que pour parler deux ou trois langages dans l'europe il ne faut pas être tres sage ou riche parce tous les gens pouvent parler autant. maintenant il est nuit dans l'europe et voila pourquoi ce n'est pas le trolling à abhorrer les monoglots.

menteur!

i was right, you are insecure as fuck

you have no other reason to be this mad about people wanting to learn something new

я нe знaю хyли вы гoвopaeтe.

фpaнцyзcкий язык - гoвнo

>maintenant il est nuit dans l'europe et voila pourquoi ce n'est pas le trolling à abhorrer les monoglots.
*si nous nous mettrons d'accord que l'espagnol est la meme chose que l'anglais.

ouais! laissons-nous parler en langages qui ne sont pas l'anglais. êtez-vous américain?

>une langage
Le mot est langue, bête
>c'est trés rare à parler
*de parler
>come
Comme

>laissons-nous parler
C'est juste

amazon.com/gp/product/B01FST7IE8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

amazon.com/gp/product/1939099455/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

amazon.com/gp/product/0936347295/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

amazon.com/gp/product/0844238155/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

amazon.com/gp/product/0415008867/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

amazon.com/gp/product/1939099188/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

start with tys/colloquial, grammar workbook is good to work with alongside. thackston's is relatively academic in style, you'll have to look up some grammar jargon, but it is byfar the most comprehensive. routledge comprehensive grammars are good as well, but expensive. you can find them online though.

merci beaucoup. comme vous ditez "surrender monkey" en français?

*comment

*comment
Et chai pas, chui pas français.

Aussi, c'est meilleure de dire 'comment dit-on' au lieu de 'comment direz-vous'

>chui
etes-vous russe ou polonais?

Américain, connard

нeт. я иpлaндeц. я yчy pyccкий язьик yжe в чeтыpe мecяaц. я плoхo гoвopю этoт DESU.

A вы?

Disclaimer - I have misspelled a few words there and I think some of them are in the wrong case. Ara I'm learning.

этэ вyз ѫ вpэ apлѧдэз oy кeлкѫ aмepикѧ энфyapэ дэ мepд aвэк ѫ кaз дъ"мyхэpитэдж"?

Wenn Europa wacht auf, es will lach.

Oder nein.

you better fucking see this or i'm going to come to your house and mruder you, i took the time to give you some PRIME resources here buddy. these things are prima facie EXCELLENT

Please, kind user. Would you mind finding some PRIME resources for icelandic, for me? I promise that I won't sleep untill you've delivered.

Join the Army in an intel MOS, score well on the DLAB and say you prefer to learn Farsi, pray to God that they give you Farsi over Arabic or Pashto, and then if you can hack the demanding workload of the DLI you get to live in beautiful Monterey and get paid to learn it. Bonus: it's a good jumping-off point to go SF or get dat sweet sweet contractor dosh when you get out.

>wanting middle eastern friends

>boring textbooks

ugghhhhhh

>Iran, Afghanistan or Tajikistan
just go to the uk

doch, doch.

>es will lach
Ja, ja, ich lache.
>Amerikaner

amazon.com/Yourself-Icelandic-Complete-Course-Audiopack/dp/0071418962/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1473922048&sr=1-1&keywords=teach yourself icelandic

amazon.com/Beginners-Icelandic-Hippocrene-Helga-Hilmisdottir/dp/0781811910

amazon.com/Colloquial-Icelandic-Complete-Course-Beginners/dp/0415207061/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1473922142&sr=1-2&keywords=colloquial icelandic

go in this order, they are still prime, but relatively less prime, due to icelandic having less resources than persian. persian has a wealth of resources due to iranians fleeing the country some time ago and then desiring later to learn what would have been their native language.

also this

how-to-learn-any-language.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=33304&PN=1

(book section at bottom if you dont want to read the entire thing)

>how-to-learn-any-language.com

Is that website generally good and helpful?

I myself am aiming to learn Russian

Why? There are hardly any of those people here, you utter cretin.

>But when there's a language that I want to learn for more utilitarian purposes
And how did they lead to you minimising pain overall?