So retarded it just might work

Thread for batshit insane but theoretically workable ideas for solutions to global warming

My own:
>Invent a solar powered light panel: solar panel on one side, room light on the other, programmable maximum brightness
>Calculate the greatest area of these panels we can build with all the nonvital resources on earth
>Build that many
>Connect them in a spherical network covering the entire planet at the altitude where the ozone used to be
>Program them to filter out as much of the energy they absorb as the ozone would if it were still intact
>Energy filtered out drifts back into space as light and/or heat

(continued)
>Leave a section open for space travel
>Instead of discarding the excess energy, take it in and use it to power stuff
>Use the stuff thus powered to inexpensively build rockets
>Load the rockets up with any unusable waste or excess carbon emissions
>Launch as far into space as possible
>Replace lost planetary mass by also using the excess solar energy to power ordinarily unreasonably expensive processes capable of synthesizing clean water

>>Invent a solar powered light panel: solar panel on one side, room light on the other, programmable maximum brightness

Also known as a window with blinds you fucking retard

Step 1: reduce population
Step 2 : ???
Step 3: Profit

Carbon tax is the only realistic way

dude fuck the poor lmao

Some sort of carbon nanotube vent that sucks GHG's out into space, while simultaneously releasing man-made 'good' gases into the atmosphere

increase oceanic pH safely

>Thread for batshit insane but theoretically workable ideas for solutions to global warming
Solar thermochemical power storage.
Basically, you use concentrated sunlight to decompose ammonia into hydrogen and nitrogen while the sun shines, and then during the night you recombine them and use the heat produced to spin up a turbine to make electricity.

The poor are the ones that are most affected by climate change.
What about central planning to increase efficiency of utilities.

>The poor are the ones that are most affected by climate change.
And now you're fucking them even more. At least you admit that carbon taxes are appropriate for a thread about batshit insane ways to stop global warming.

My solution: Destroy China.
Now the world will have less pollution, and have to turn to the US for goods. Pls gibe nobel prize.

My idea:
>build huge single layer graphene cloth (at least 5000km x 5000km)
>fly it to space
>place it between sun and earth at the lagrange point
>single graphene layer absorbs ~2% of light
>earth gets 2% less heat
>temperatures go down
>CO2 on suicide watch

Find a flaw!

>Space cloth
Space moths.
Earth on suicide watch once again.

Release all those safely tucked away viruses.

Wait for the dust to settle.

Rebuild.

It might just work.

I think I saw something like this that involved the catalization of ammonia using a bioreactor.

>Leave a section open for space travel
This was where I stopped reading and pondered the 'section' we eject your types from the planet into the great beyond.

Wouldn't destroying India have a greater long-term reduction though? You know, they'll be the top population soon.

>Fusion
Done.

>Space moths
If we can get cloth into space surely we can make space mothballs.

Had a notation of airborne bacteria that consumed C02 and fell to earth before multiplying and becoming airborne again, then realized it'd probably result it a runaway global cooling and eventual permanent ice age. Still sounds fun though.

China isn't the problem. It's that fossil fuels are cheap to extract and burn. If China doesn't burn the coal and oil someone else will.

Your retardation inspires me.

Probably the only viable option considering where we're at.