Is creating a sentient android possible?

Is creating a sentient android possible?

define sentient

define android

>sentient
able to perceive or feel things.
>android
a robot with a human appearance.

Don't see why not. We know sentient beings are possible, so all we need is a way to implement it using the hardware we have.

>We know sentient beings are possible
No we don't.

Sure why not, feelings are just feedback systems. The better the understanding of it's environment by the agent, the higher level feedback systems you can implement. You need to be able to recognize a stinking carcass is to be disgusted by it. And you need to understand that you have a hand that can manipulate your surroundings in a 3-dimensional environment to interpret the inputs you receive from your skin and make sense from it.

Sounds interesting... source?

>u cant kno nuthin

>sentient
yes
>android
no

IMHO All of the human experience is linked up to somewhere. You need to have a "slot" to this thing but as soon as you acquire it it's not a machine anymore but a living being.

For it to be fully controllable and programmable robot it would be only simulation of sentience.

In addition, i believe that we don't have direct access to this thing, but in future might develop technology, where people can switch their "experience" over to mechanical equivalent, in case of death or for dangerous tasks.

when will it be possible to make this?

Ok, I'm gonna take this one step deeper, because I feel that this might get tricky with how you're defining your terms.

Please define what it means to be able to perceive and feel things, and also define the term robot in your own terms.

Humans are just water and carbon based robots. We run on electrical chemical impulses that can be broken down and understood on a very fine level. Creating a sentient robot is very possible. Why would you want to create a master race? I do not know. Humans may do it though.

+1 for blunderbus girls.

Wait a minnit... that's a revolver not a blunderbus, right?

Oh what a blunder.

According to science: who the fuck knows?

According to religion: sure. Considering that the bible says that God made humans in his own image that means that you're technically a robot (android) made by God modeling his own appearance and behavior.

Deal with it, faggots.

> God made humans in his own image...you're technically a robot

What?

What? You were made by God... son, but you're not God, you're like him, but you're not one if his race, exactly like an android. Androids are like humans, but they're not really human. Same logic here. Checkmate.

I'm all for straw man religious arguments but this one is really stupid.

A robot is more than just "you're like X but not X"

Every android is a robot by definition

>Every android is a robot by definition
Yes. Exactly. What's the problem with that?

It goes robot --> android, not the other way around

You can't say "humans are like X" and thus androids, and thus robots. They have to be robots first

That's a regular android.

you just need to fuck a fertile lady.
However, most of the androids produced this way are questionably sentient.

>Androids are subset of robots.
Gotcha, but that's exactly what I said (or try to say) in my first post.

It's pretty much why I wrote it like >robot (android)
so I guess I wasn't clear enough.