Duuuuude like war is bad, men are evil and women are strong lmao

>duuuuude like war is bad, men are evil and women are strong lmao
TRASH
R
A
S
H

Other urls found in this thread:

tafkarfanfic.tumblr.com/post/119770640640/rape-in-asoiaf-vs-game-of-thrones-a-statistical
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bets on when he's actually going to release TWOW?

"Never" is an acceptable answer.

>yfw GRRM makes a conscious decision to die before he releases the next book

I don't know, every time someone talks about him dying before they're done he gets really irate. I feel like he's at least going to try to finish the series just to spite the doubters.

The trouble is that I think he's having a hard time giving a shit any more. I can't really blame him, either; he's been writing this series for like 30 years now.

>write book series
>book series is popular among fantasy readers
>is well regarded as the best modern fantasy series
>people want to adapt to movies
>no
>people want to adapt to tv
>yes
>put out book 5
>tv show becomes very popular
>VERY POPULAR
>everyone knows it
>tons of people love it
>mainstream media talks about it as THE show
>try to write for book 6
>fear of not being good enough
>so many new fans
>so many people expecting the greatest thing ever
>sit down to write
>get fear shits
>nothing will ever live up to the expected expectations
>new book soon guys
>300 pages on computer
>fear multiplies

>duuuuude the medieval times were literally hell for everyone all the time and everyone was raped and murdered whooooa

But war is bad, men are often evil, and women can be very strong.

>writer depicts person as atomic soul caught in unfairness of surrounding social situation, fighting with individual strength against that social situation
>not understanding that all people are complicit in their own oppression

baka

Hasnt movies/tv kind of destroyed books? Harry Potter, LOTR, GOT. People will only watch the movies/show in the future

Which is why Veeky Forums usually does not discuss genre fiction

He's parodying common criticisms of Martin.
ASoIaF is not genre fiction.

Honestly the only legit criticisms focus on his mediocre prose and the focus on (bloating) plot above all else.

Or his juvenile obsession with grimdark.

>ASoIaF is not genre fiction.
???

There are 214 acts of rape in ASOIAF. There are only maybe 3 acts of sex between a married husband and wife throughout the entire series. Why do leftist authors have such a warped few of sex?

>leftist
>warped
FEW LAD

Genre fiction does not mean fiction that fits into a genre. Genre fiction refers to books -- books, not literature -- that blindly copy the cliché and tropes of their "genre" without attempting to do anything with them. For example, Blood Meridian is not genre fiction, but a hastily thrown-together Western with pardners and banditos and a duel at high noon is.
Seeing the world through a particular lense will necessarily warp it.
That's actually one of the things that keeps it from being genre fiction.

It's his ham-fisted implementation of grimdark that sucks, which I'd put under prose.

March 2017. Amazon accidentally leaked it last week, and that's why they've delayed the next season of GoT by a few months, to avoid further spoilers on the book.
I'll ignore the "Hey guys, I need to tell you all that popular genre fiction isn't great literature!" kids. Jesus, we know, Martin knows, everyone knows. Sit down. Do you go to Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift concerts with a megaphone yelling "this isn't great music!" too?

This board is called Veeky Forums. It's not unreasonable for people to expect to talk about literary works. This IS literary, but it's close enough to invite understandable memery.

>214 acts of rape
citation needed.

It's from this

tafkarfanfic.tumblr.com/post/119770640640/rape-in-asoiaf-vs-game-of-thrones-a-statistical

That's actually impressive. I mean, I could quibble about including any act even vaguely alluded to that happened "off-camera," or the rounding off to 10 of all gang-rape mentions, and including rape within marriage, but still, very gritty.

>I could quibble about [...] including rape within marriage
kys

men are seldom evil, women are often weak

jesus christ dude

Except raping and pillaging defineitely was "normal" in proto-medieval Europe

>proto
This isn't proto-medieval Europe. It's full blown pseudo-late medieval Europe.

Besides, it wasn't normal at all in proto-medieval Europe.

>men are seldom evil

jesus christ dude

>wasn't normal
it's normal now lmao

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

>Ironic

How many layers my dude.

I am no one's 'dude'.

You'll always be mine, dude.

Soooo... LOTR is not genre fiction?

LotR is not genre fiction.

Is this series the biggest disaster in the history of fiction? The fucking show has spoiled at least half of Winds and it's impossible to avoid the memes.

>Genre fiction does not mean fiction that fits into a genre.
Yes it does, idiot.

wut about corn

Dumbest post in the thread so far. Replied to three posts and manages to never not be retarded with each reply.

Thank you :)

If genre fiction meant fiction that fits into a genre, it wouldn't be worth using. Lots of literature fits into a genre.

>if genre fiction wasn't a no true scotsman it wouldn't be worth using

Genre fiction means fiction bound by the conventions of the genre. If a work about aliens leaps beyond the conventions of science fiction, it is not genre fiction.

Thanka for repeating exactly what you've already said.

I don't go to Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift concerts

>Genre
Fantasy shit
>Fiction
Not real, nigga

Pleb.

Yeah the the number can never be exact but even the most conservative estimates will still demonstrate that there's something off about the authors view of sex in society. The fact that there's more cases of incest then there is of marital sex is enough to tell me that Martins views aren't very healthy.

>you've
You clearly didn't understand the first time.
This is autism.

>You clearly didn't understand the first time.
This is autism.