>nature

oh no

Any chance of making this happen in an experiment:

2D+2D+2D→2H+4He+2ve+20.85MeV

>2D
What kind of D though? D6? D20?

Neat.

Wait wait wait.
Are they seriously proposing that self sustaining fusion is happing in a fucking solid material?
How the crap?

>Furthermore, another example of nuclear fusion in Earth’s interior is that the origin of N in Earth’s atmosphere is interpreted to be the result of endothermic nuclear transmutation
!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

I really don't know what to think about this.

In theory Earth isn't a planet as we have another object in our orbit, and that doesn't fit the definition of a planet

Well, I think that fact is true. I read it many months ago and probably forgot the fine details

Wow finally OP is not a faggot. Changing subject id like to ask a question: is there an app that shows new scientific articles? I mean trustful ones like those from nature?

>In theory Earth isn't a planet as we have another object in our orbit, and that doesn't fit the definition of a planet
What significant object shares Earth's orbit (besides the Moon)?

Also doesnt nature have a Facebook page or something like that?

Well that's exactly it, the Moon. By any reasonable definition, based on all the other planets we can observe, the Earth and Moon should really be considered a two-body planetary system or dual planet. Our Moon is ironically actually very atypical as far as moons go.

>Our Moon is ironically actually very atypical as far as moons go.

how so

It's really big

Being visited by humans is very atypical, senpai

>Well that's exactly it, the Moon.
No. Just no.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clearing_the_neighbourhood

>fuses Deuterium to qualify as a brown dwarf
Goddamn it, now we have to redefine shit again

>"The cause and source of the heat released from Earth’s interior have not yet been determined"
Stopped reading there

For you.

>the Earth and Moon should really be considered a two-body planetary system or dual planet
Nah, not really. Our moon isn't that big, really, it just has a 80th of the earth's mass. The center of gravity is well within earth. I'd say the hierarchy is pretty clear. Sure, it's still fucking large in comparison to other systems, but a dual planet? That makes no sense.

Star: Basically H and He

Earth Core: Basically Fe y Ni.

No, we aren't a star.

Suddenly the expanding earth theory doesn't seem like pseudoscience after all. Explains why dinosaurs were so large at one point because the earth was much smaller.

wat.

Smaller earth = lower gravity

Wow that's actually a retarded idea, if the mass stay the same and is almost homogeneously distributed then gravity stays the same

>what is nuclear fusion

Are you actually retarded?

Are you a moron? Or pretending to be one? Let me remind you that nuclear fusion doesnt create mass or energy out of nowhere faggot

>what is nuclear fusion
>what are the stages of star formation and growth
>what is a red dwarf

Read a book or two, brainlet

How is the nuclear fusion happening in earth's core changing gravity on the planets surface in an intensity that may influence on the size of beings living on it? Give me a decent explanation of how that works and I'll apologize to you, otherwise fuck off brainlet

Full sentences with actual explanations would be super helpful, my retarded friend.

>Strong stellar wind begins to kick in, over the next few Myr the Sun will shed some 28% of its total mass by losing the outer parts of its envelope to the wind.
>Lower mass of the Sun results in less central gravity in the Solar System, and the planets slowly move outwards in their orbit in response:
>Venus moves out to about 1 AU
>Earth moves out to about 1.4 AU
astronomy.ohio-state.edu/~pogge/Lectures/vistas97.html

I recommend you people strongly consider purchasing a helium tank

>No I won't explain myself
Ok

We still haven't reached laser power density enough to simulate Earth's core conditions.

>earth is a star because nuclear fusion may happen
>hiroshima and nagasaki are not stars because nuclear fusion happened
the author is also japanese

is this the new memedrive?

Actually, if the Earth was smaller with the same mass gravity would be larger

You are now aware that Fat Boy and Little Man were fission bombs.

How does any of that relate to the question Earth is gaining mass from solar winds?? Is that what you're implying?

endstage massive stars can still go through fission

my meme is not wrong goy

Smaller earth w/ the same mass means higher gravity.

Thanks I'm pretty proud of it.

Except one big problem

HOW THE FUCK DOES DEUTERIUM GET TO THE CENTER OF THE PLANET CONSIDERING IT'S EXTREMELY LOW MASS

I mean, there's a little bit of lighter elements like oxygen, silicon, sulfur in the core, but certainly no way could deuterium be there.

I'm so glad I started this meme 3 days ago. Now we have something new to shitpost about other than lava sun collides with ice sun.

The real question here is if Earth is a star, is collecting geothermal energy enough to qualify it as a dyson sphere?

This is the quickest way to advance humanity to a kardashev type 2 civilization. We redefine everything.

Most of the water from earth's oceans came from below the crust. Maybe it's present throughout

Hollow earth confirmed, hell is inside. Atheists and geologists btfo, how will they ever recover?

It said somewhere in the article that this occurs in hcp iron, which can have traces of absorbed carbon, Mn, Os, or Ru. I guess it's possible that if any of these atoms are isotopes they will have some deuterium nuclei in there as well. I think a more plausible idea though is that the neutrons resulting from fission processes in the core decay into protons, and that these protons can then be used to make deuterium.

Although, I'm reading up fusion and the proton proton cycle and this seems implausible for inside the earth's core. But is it possible for deuterium to form from a direct proton-neutron collision, rather than a proton-proton collision followed by beta decay? This to me is more reasonable, and even though a direct proton-neutron collision is very unlikely so are 3-body collisions. Yet they are occurring in this lattice at high pressure.

Twitter is good for this

Convincing numbers

cooooooool

kek

>Earth; the most advanced dyson sphere known.

I hate people like this, making absurd claims that they know we can't disprove yet because we do not yet have the capability to check this sort of thing out. I swear they are just as bad as flat earthers in their own way.

Reminds me of when I tore yo momma butt cheeks apart to get to the soft, warm, gooey centre inside.

Wow, who knew. It's so obvious after reading that article but who would have guessed that the Earth is actually just a sun made of lava inside a sun made of ice.