ITT: Good books with shit covers

ITT: Good books with shit covers

Other urls found in this thread:

images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large/3-film-metropolis-1927-granger.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You seem to have a tiny error in your post OP. That is a shitty book cover, but not a good book.

Try again.

My diary desu.

Shit book with shit cover user. Burn your copy.

One may appreciate a good cover; however, one should not judge a book solely by its cover.

Your post only justifies my point even more.

The old paperback is even shittier

i like this cover

David foster wallace's name takes up half the book, the clouds barely have anything to do with the story, and the original is so much better.

images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large/3-film-metropolis-1927-granger.jpg

>the clouds barely have anything to do with the story, and the original is so much better.

tfw when poor reading comprehension user doesn't know about my mufasa.

Thoughts on this one?

It's better

Delete your account.

Hillary Clinton? Is that you?

—61 was right in his diary entry. Today OP and another user were faggots.

Shut up.

Watch your mouth.

So much worse, actually cringy. Basically advertises itself now as "The book that's so hard you'll need like a thousand post-it notes!!!" with the fucking "genius" quote right there on the front. At least the first few editions were mostly neutral backgrounds with an image somewhat related to the novel, but now it's nothing more than the "so difficult" meme in order to further inflate an already over-the-top hype about this book. They might as well issue a new cover that just says 1079 PAGES and comes packaged with an official Eschaton beanie for you to wear so people will know you're reading Infinite Jest even when you're not lugging it around with you.

The spine does its job well though.

Well put.

I laughed my ass off when I saw this in a thrift store.

how can your opinion be this shit?

How about you watch me as I call you a shitty faggot douche cunt hello kitty bitch asshole motherfucker who gets the howling fantods when people shit on infinite jizzbrick.

I like to think it references the footnotes and nuances in story development and not the readers notes themselves. The zadie quote is shitty tho. Also, IJ had a sort of cult status as a book you can really dig into and analize and underline and mark etc. It only shows that people are into analyzing it, you're thinking of pretensious faggots and not readers. Where I'm from DFW is not that well known to earn meme status so maybe its that i didnt yet meet any obnoxious DFW fan(tod)

What was their target demographic?

Holy shit I hate those covers

Another shit book with a shit cover.

Definitely burn this one.

why is it shit?

It places too much weight on physical books. Look at the box and wires connected to your screen and input right now. 451 is completely eluded by the utility of the digital age in combating censorship.

This is one of the problems with science fiction by provincial authors. The overwhelming majority are merely period pieces that betray the deserts of vast eternity that the genre is capable of.

Does this make a good compromise?

Acurate blurb at the bottom. You made that? Good work.

Hope you're joking desu

Looks like a programming textbook

>burn Fahrenheit 451
Sounds pretty meta desu

Literally the best cover of IJ.

This is Lolita BTW

>Lolita
>Not Rorita
Firssy baka gaijin

It wasn't about censorship, it was about consuming mindless media instead of literature. Of coures, you could think it was about censorship, and have the be the unintended theme you get from the book. But even in that case, digital media can still be censored, so in no way would the book be rendered obsolete by modern technology. You're really fucking dense, I don't even like the damn book but your stupidity triggers me.

lmao he's holding the axe backwards