Most Alluded to Parts of King James Bible

Where do I begin? I'm not interested in doing a cover to cover just yet. I find my lack of recognition of Christian allusions in other texts to be a barrier in my reading. Im also interested in reading more philosophy and Christian belief is fairly pivotal.

Where do I begin?
inb4 Genesis

Genesis, Job, Psalms, Proverbs, the Gospels, Apocalypse. For starters.

captcha: Calvario brackel

y not just read cover2cover

>Genesis
But Genesis is actually a great place to start! The stories are very short and are among the most heavily referenced.

After that maybe Job, which is also short and pointed, and then... basically what this user said Psalms and Proverbs is for poetryfags though. Any one gospel is pretty short. Revelation is straight up sci-fi, honestly very exciting to read.

Bit of a poetry fag here so thats ok. Thanks

Was King James black?

Letters by Paul are an essential read too

this desu it's worth the read

Read it in hebrew and koine instead.

Correct, the only way to go really.

Don't listen to this pseud, the most important parts are Deuteronomy, Numbers, Histories, and the letters of Paul, because they form the human drama.

Genesis, Proverbs, etc, are only there to add color to the former set.

Fuck off, shitposter.

KJV Ecclesiastes is the most beautiful thing in the world, so just read that and then die.

This version of the NT is far superior to KJV.

no it isn't, because the greats turned to KJV

give it time

Start from new testiment. The gospels are a great to begin with. But, those books are much better for beginners, people who want to start developing a faith and God centered life. Other than that, start with the old. Proverbs, pslam and Ecclesiastes are beautiful.
Proverbs is my personal favorite, all centered around wisdom

Sorry bud, this board is for the intelligent and mentally sound, take your imaginary friend to /pol/

amazed to see zero mentions of ecclesiastes. in terms of literary allusions and quotations it's one of the most influential books of the bible.

Who needs culture when you have SPIRIT

Why not read through the entire bible? It's not like there's anything else important that needs doing

Psalms

Since you specify the King James Bible and not the Bible in general, I'm going to zero in on the language of the KJV:
* genealogies in the OT, in particular in Genesis
* Psalm 23
* Lord's Prayer
* John 3:16
* archaic language in general ('thee'/'thou', 'believeth', 'hast', etc.)

Beyond that, you need not specify the KJV.