T - 12 Days

What are the chances of this thing not exploding just like the last few, Veeky Forums?

Personally, I'd give this mission a 15% chance of success.

Dual-use payload?

They did blow up a jew sattellite last time, so we shouldn't be too unhappy about the loss.

10 Iridium Next communications satellites
investor.iridium.com/releasedetail.cfm?releaseid=975723
Iridium Next Seen as Likely Host For MDA's Kill Assessment Sensors
spacenews.com/iridium-next-seen-as-likely-host-for-mdas-kill-assessment-sensors/

Business as usual.

did customer opt for the fully fuelled rehearsal?

I can't imagine SpaceX offered it.

His engines are ready, clamps weak, fuel is heavy
There's icing on his panels already, Elon's spaghetti
He's nervous, but on the surface he looks he looks calm and ready to lift off
But he keeps on forgetting, when he'll touch down
The launch pad goes so loud
He opens his valves, but the thrust won't come out
He's choking how, ULA's joking now
The clock's run out, time's up, over, blaow!
Snap back to reality. Oh, there pulls gravity
Oh, there goes Falcon, he choked
He's so bad, but he won't give up that
Easy, no
He won't lift it, he knows his whole back's to these loads
It don't matter, he'll cope
He knows that but he's broke
He's so sad that he knows
When he goes back to his mobile pad, that's when it's
Back to the VAB again

That's really good, though. Here, sir, have this internet :^)

>spacenews.com/iridium-next-seen-as-likely-host-for-mdas-kill-assessment-sensors/
Don't the have any real pictures of satellites to use?

Are they trying to land the first stage on land or on the barge?

My guess is that it'll be a land landing.

Enjoy this well earned (you).

i think it'll be a barge landing
its only NASA who overpays for a small enough payload to allow them to do land landings

dnno

DREAM ON, MARS MAN

Why are private companies so shit at rockets?

Care to point at which companies are NOT private?

>autistic nitpicking instead of an answer

Never change.

>not realising that 90% of all launch companies are private, even the one with stellar success rate.

I bet you think that NASA made the Saturn V and Apollo equipment themself, huh?

DREAM ON, MARS MAN

Dream on, Mars man

DREAM ON, MARS MAN!

how come it takes so long for them to launch rockets

Why don't they just do empty test launches with their first stages? Practice fast reuse?

ULA > Both
Why do I love ULA so much? It's pretty simple when I think about it. ULA isn't just the best launch provider in the country; they're the greatest launch provider of all time. Just imaging the Altas V riding through the skies of Earth, the wind on its fairing, the mighty RD-180 below it. As she rides through the red sky, NASA swoons at her scent. They know how she smells; the essence of burning RP-1 smell is sold in Orlando under the name of "Space Orgasm." The very nature of ULA is mystery. Could they be playing a deeper game than even Tory Bruno realizes? The answer is yes, ULA has transcended such boundaries as the physical world, and has free will to do whatever they sees fit. However, ULA is filled with such guile, such arcane craft that they does not use these powers. Why, you might ask? You will never know, for the mind of the ULA is not one that is easily penetrated. ULA rockets are such a force of nature in this realm that nothing can truly touch them, the only thing keeping them bound to this world at all is their will to exist within the preordained boundaries understood physics. ULA is not only beyond the comprehension of us, it exists within a plane of true focus and beauty. Observe the plume of exhaust gasses from this Delta IV, the gorgeous and rippling flames, the gallant fairing, and most importantly, its engines. Her engines, like cauldrons straight from hell, provide the only glimpse into the true machinations of ULA. Do not stare into them. Many good men have gone mad in the attempt. ULA is not just a launch provider, a formless collection of engineers and rockets; they are themselves the binding that holds the word together. Without ULA, Musk the Menace takes over and the entire space industry as we know it crumbles. The Mississippi would stop flowing without ULA, Kessler syndrome would take over in orbit, and the space station would fall without their fiery gaze. These are just of a few of the reasons why I like ULA so much.

The first land landing was a multiple LEO private smallsat deployment, not a NASA flight.

Generally, they have margin for flyback with LEO missions and have to do downrange landing for GTO missions.

Falcon Heavy should be able to do GTO with flyback of all three stages, and a higher payload than F9 with downrange landing.

I hope it fails so miserably that no one takes Musk or SpaceX seriously again and he humbly goes back to his car business with his tail between his legs.

T-11 days bump

did this take you the whole day to write up

idk it's just pasta

i tweaked a couple words on it is all

I love how all of /sci forgets that Ariane has been the most successful contractor for years

Thwre are several state owned public companies here

>not knowing the difference between publicly traded and privately traded companies.

This is why people look down on STEM.

I'm not really sure how that's relevant here though.

>2016+
>Solid fuel