Now that Grothendieck is dead

who is the greatest, most accomplished mathematician alive at the moment?

the fact that grothendieck is now dead is irrelevant, even during his life he wasn't the greatest.

Euler, because I'm biased based on the picture you posted

Terry Tao (mathematics)
Jacob Barnett (physics)

I'm currently working on a theory that will bring major breakthroughs on iterated function theory, an area that current mathematical tools are just plainly incapable of handling. And all this groundwork that I'm working on will ultimately lead to the proof of the HOTPO conjecture, which I believe is truly the most important unsolved problem in mathematics. So just keep your eyes open for when the proof is announced in the cumming years, because that's when you'll see for the first time, he who will be this century's greatest mathematician.

nah, I found a 137-cycle the other day shit was pretty cash

/thread

yeah ok sure
IF his work is correct, Mochizuki.

James Grime

Memezookie-sama

Cédric Villani

IUT is just Gaussian integrals written in category theoretic terms. You too can become a mathematician by rewriting "classical" mathematics in modern jargon!

Grothendieck was the greatest of the 20th century...there is no dispute

Tao

>They fell for the Tao meme

>Frothingdick

I'm sure you have a deep understanding of it.

He was during the time of his death.

>implying
a dude with "dick" in his name can achieve high

I'm told he proved the Riemann Hypothesis during lunch then threw the napkin away. He integrated over the product measure of Gauss and Euler and got zero. He can orient a Moebius strip, write an irreducible scheme as the union of two proper closed subschemes, uniquely factor elements of Z[sqrt{-5}] and bound the dimension of a Hilbert space.

>Jacob Barnett
Are you retarded?

That jewish guy from NUMB3RS.

Probably one of these: Atiyah, Connes, Deligne, Gromov, Kontsevich, Milnor, Serre

You have Stockholm syndrome. I don't have the link on my phone but They finally met with mochizuki and the translation of his work is just... Gaussian integrals... Change of coordinates... Nothing we haven't heard of before. No one knows what the fuck a " log theta lattice" or "alien copies" is but any highschooler can understand what a transformation from polar to logarithmic coordinates is.

>"maybe if I rename all these basic ideas with abstruse jargon know one will know I'm actually just calculating the area of weird shapes!"

Can you tell me their first names or do you only remember their last names?