Is he the only decent existentialist?

Is he the only decent existentialist?

Camus, if anything, is a decent novelist. He is also an existentialist. Does that work?

Nietzsche and Kierkegaard can also be considered existentialists. So there is that.

He wasn't really an existentialist, so yeah pretty much

no but my ex had an apartment in the street he lived in. not kidding. i plowed my ex less than 200m from where this guy came up with the most inane shit.

I once had the chance to visit Stirner's grave (Or birth house? Something like that.) but decided not to because what's the fucking point? Stirner would have laughed at me for such a silly thing anyway.

So I went to see a giant dinosaur skeleton.

The existentalists based a lot of their ideas on his work but he homself wasn't one. Btw Op, did you read him in German?

Actually? I never went there either. It wasn't far away at all, Rötebuckweg 47, just up the road. But I didn't bother, because what's the point?

Yeah, that's the same moral I learnt that day.

And that's bcuz marty h. was an existentialist.

Freiburg is one of the greatest cities in Germany if you don't mind the hippies. But if you want to make some proper Heidegger tour, you should visit Todtnauberg, where his famous cottage is, and St Märgen, where Husserl would go holiday and Heidegger visited him. Npt too far away from Freiburg and the landscape is just awesome.

Yeah, but was Stirner?

No
>inb4 then u didnt really get anything xd

Why do people not allow this guy to be called an existentialist? He did contribute to the field, and he delt with matters regarding both existenalism and phenomenology.

Why are you fags talking about touring

I'm not saying that he's untranslatable but you will miss out on certain things.

What was him then
>inb4 mystic
Because Veeky Forums is the land of the contrarians

I would add Nietzsche, Marcel, Levinas, Jasper, Buber and Kierkegaard. I would add Husserl if we can stretch the term. It's a difficult one because of how closely phenomenology and existentialism are tied.

His disavowal of existentialism is of the term as defined by Sartre. Do not mistake this definition for what we actually mean when we use the term. If we took Sartre's definition there would only be a single existentialist (well two if we count Beauvoir, I'm not familiar enough with her to say).

Like what?

That guy started!

Why is sartre so wack

How would you translate "das Zeug", "Lichtung" or "Dasein"? I've seen english translations, but I don't think that the english versions will evoke images in your head äs the originals will for a german.

I guess I will have to not take everything literally and search for some complementary animated YouTube videos to get the heideggerian aesthetic

Those terms usually aren't translated in the English version though. You know you can learn to understand foreign words without having to speak the entire language

I agree but understanding and feeling the language are different things. Especially when it comes to Heidegfer, I'd say since he took so many german words and gave them a new meaning or used them in an unusual way.

I visited Sade's town.

Even though he was a nihilist edgy lad I touched his statue and he gave me power. I felt the magic.

Later that year I fucked a green eyed redhead sixteen year old girl in her mouth for an hour.

Memes are not spooks. Meme magic is real. Next time visit Max like you mean it, you'll be knee deep in milk before you know it.

>Later that year I fucked a green eyed redhead sixteen year old girl in her mouth for an hour.

sure you did

16 is gross, it's like bragging about seeing a cow's asshole and being so aroused that while running to get a closer look, you slipped in a patty and fell face-first into another patty; neither of which were from the cow you set your sights on.

damn...

Go under or go ascetic, my man. Otherwise you're just slipping in one pile of manure and falling into another.

This is a good analogy.

>Why do people not allow this guy to be called an existentialist
Because existentialist meant nazi for a few decades. Popper even thinks Jaspers is more of a reactionary that Heiddeger.

Simone De Beauvoir
Samuel Beckett (if you count him, personally I do not)

I agree with everything in this post as well.