Post what your currently reading

Post what your currently reading.
Pleb here.

Re-reading Schopenhauer's 'On Women'

Starting The Golden Bowl

Picture of Dorian Grey

>translations

This post was made via the Veeky Forums Mobile App.

rereading for the fourth time this month

Not all of us are fluent in several languages.

About to finish.

This was FUNNN, but I'm so ready for something else right now. Wheeew.

I don't know how this will end, but would anyone (if anyone has read it/is reading it) agree with me that Elena is basically a bit of a bitch whereas Lila did NOTHING wrong?

nobody gives a fuck about the languages you know you autist fuck

Finishing The Iliad. Gotta admit, I wasn't enjoying it in the beginning, almost dropped in on Book II but now about I am loving it, already planning on re-reading it after a while

pick up the cambridge compatnaioan to jhomer

Even Chinese read Lao-Tzu in English

great choice

I'd read Negations and On Authority before but this is next level stuff

It's gr8

>À rebours

It's like Veeky Forums personified, eerily so

Bottom's Dream and Joyce's Ulysses 20=times

Tolstoy's Collected Shorter Fiction

The same goddamn thing.

Anyways, it's awesome.

I'm reading through the Orthodox Study Bible, which is mostly a NKJV translation with Orthodox footnotes.

I read the Oxford Annotated Bible before, which was decent..

But the Orthodox Study Bible is unparalleled in presenting the Bible as a single unit. The footnotes are doing a very good job with helping me connect the old testament to the new.

I'm really enjoying it so far

>he fell for the meme
just read the Iliad and odyssey m8. half that book is just summaries of them

>wants to LARP as an Orthodox for a while because he got bored with his former faith
>reads the Bible in English because the footnotes make it Orthodox

Mate, your are either born one or grew up with it at best. Anglos need not apply.

if on a winter's night a traveler

So many casual fucks on this board holy shit.

Neck yourselves fagots.

Keep it up.

I know English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Romanian, Swedish, Russian, Japanese, and bits of Korean and Icelandic.

I don't know whether to read Les Mis or Count of Monte Cristo. Help.

Les miserables because it will make Monte Cristo that much better by comparison.

Thanks lad! I'll try it out. I'm equally excited for both (took a break from doorstoppers for a while).

I fell from the train of reading a while ago, gonna pick up from where I left off and start Conrad's Typhoon.

reading huck finn by twain

all the ebonics or whatever is getting tiresome

To the Goebbels pile with you.

The Brothers K.
Not so bad, not as good as C&P.

Dance Dance Dance, call me what you will but I like it

Notice how Chinese is not among those, so you too would have to read Lao-Tzu translated.

THIS

Is it good?

I really regret just reading the sparknotes in high school. This is damn near the comfiest book I ever done read.

If I read this in English, or even modern Mandarin Chinese, am I getting anywhere close to the original book? I'm trying to learn Mandarin Chinese now, and after that I'd like to learn Classical to read texts just like this but if I don't have to learn Classical then why should I waste my time?

Timaeus, by Plato

i was thinking about trying ZERO K. has anyone read it yet? reading it?

reading white noise now, finally, and i love it so far. a bit iffed by how dilillo has a sort of suspicious hate for science tho.

fun saturday

Ottessa Moshfegh's Eileen

Hey man I know I'm just a stranger on the internet but go the extra to learn classical, it will change your life. if you love mandarin enough to read a mandarin translation, you will be infatuated with 文言. seriously.

Franny and Zooey

not enjoying it that much desu senpai

What resources would you suggest?

I'm reading The Illuminatus! Trilogy. So far it's the cleverest terrible book trilogy I've ever read.

Re-Reading the Brothers Karamazoff.
Next in line El Quijote.