How does this make you feel Veeky Forums?

>Ph.D from the University of Reading
>Didn't get it published

Unsurprised desu.

>Also a qualified engineer

Slightly more surprised.

Overqualification is real problem
It's strange that this guy, if he had a doctorate, didn't build the contacts to get a job in the field.

He could also very well have taken a job of teacher, instead of a call centre.

>Overqualification is real problem

That's not the problem at all. He decided to do a Ph.D at a not very good university, then compounded that by not being able to get it (or any part of it, or even any other research) published, now that's his problem.

Getting a job or advancing your career is mostly about who you know, not what you know.

I know a man who eventually became a titan in an unrelated field who got a PhD in physics but became a janitor out of school. This shit happens all the time.

Copypasta by that guy before he suicided: You can confirm on warosu or whatever

>Watch The Big Bang Theory as a teenager
>See Sheldon and the gang work at a university
>Somehow you never see them do any work, just talk about random bullshit with each other
>Despite their clear lack of responsibilities they manage an upper middle class lifestyle
>Decide this is what I want. I will get a PhD in Physics and will get paid to do nothing other than sometimes scribble on the whiteboard I weirdly have in my living room while talking to my friends
>Get Physics BSc
>Get Physics PhD but publish nothing
>After graduation I ask to get my job
>Get told that no, open positions had been given to others doing active research
>W-what?
>Don't give up
>Look for job openings
>Fix my resume and state how I want to do nothing but talk to my friends like the Big Bang Theory and also I will scribble on a whiteboard about weird quantum theories
>Get accepted for an interview
>Days later get cancelled, the e-mail detailed that it was a mistake, they wanted to interview another guy and that no one would hire someone who would just scribble about quantum mechanics and talk with his friends
>W-what?
>Ok whatever
>Get job at Call Centre. Who cares, as long as I can do nothing but talk about quantum mechanics
>Whenever my phone rings I start talking about my weird theories and when I run out I would simply open Veeky Forums and read them the threads and discussions going on
>For some reason they always close on me after like 15 seconds but whatever, more free time for me.
>One day get noticed by manager
>He tells me that I need to actually pay attention to clients and help them
>I have to work
>WTF
>I didn't want to work. I want to be Sheldon
>E-mail Warner Bros asking them if Sheldon was a realistic depiction of physics PhD
>Get no answer
>Ask on Veeky Forums
>People call me a faggot every time
>This one guy gives me a detailed 2000 character post about how it is unrealistic
>decide to kms

Was this funny in your head?

at he's not a janitor on a chinese cartoon site

>no publications
>PhD at Bumfuck University of Nowhere
>no programming skills to make easy cash as a web dev
he had it coming desu

>nobody wanted to work with a guy with extreme mental deficiencies

No matter your qualification, people don't like little shits.

I-I liked it..

physics should be way more selective IMO, seems like they just accept people for money. everyone can pass fucking classes, the ones who deserve to work should be only ones to graduate.

OP here, i searched for this in warosu and google and there was no results other than your post, do you have a link to the post or at least the post number?

>make you feel

Most universities are shit and should be shut down. He went to a shit university and it screwed him over. I keep telling sci this but you idiots pretend that "NO! North East Podunk State's courses are the same as MIT! Dragon Dildo Magazine ranks its Bsc Plastic Engineering as the 9th best program in the nation!"

I went to a bad (ranked from 140 to 160 in the world) university and can admit that it makes me look dumb and it was a shit university.

Why didn't he use his knowledge of physics to destroy the company.
That is mostly what I do at work. I find ways to bring chaos into the system without them ever finding out who or how it happened. Stupid fucks are paying me 60k to fuck their shit up. Once this place implodes I will dedicate my working life fucking up companies I work for. Physics and computer degrees have given me super powers of chaos and entropy.

>140 to 160 in the world
subtle

>all my fears crammed in one article

y u do this

>everything went to shit since we hired this guy

Fuck I think I know who you are. Lars thats you right? I'm really sure it's you.

Why do people get in unis in the first place?

Don't you have more chances to get hired if you join a military school, like West Point or some shit? I think the eduation is miles better here.

West Point is a great school. That said, other top unis have their own strengths and outperform the military academies in some respects.

a human died