Is he the greatest thinker of our time?

Is he the greatest thinker of our time?

No he's a leftist.

It's milo and Sam Hyde

if you're 14

if you're 14

No he's just very well-researched, the kind of hard-work that pays off in debates/arguments as instead of providing unique insights you spam statistics/'facts' to back your own mediocre ones.

He's like that kid from school that would study all day every day and work really hard, yet the lazy chad who does nothing but procrastinates and parties gets top of the class at the end of the day.

I don't know, I know nothing about linguistics.

>when 'Chad' has become part of your everyday discourse

You need to go back

Chad, Nick, Adam, Sean, they're all the same

Wow, did you just suggest that using facts and actual research diminishes him as an intellectual?

Knowledge=/=Intelligence

before you get on your 'WOOOWW XDXD that's sooo dumb XDXDXD' high horse you'll realise it's 'true' in the end

Intelligence is worth nothing without academic rigor. When you graduate from high school and realize that you're suddenly surrounded by people who actually know more that fuck all you'll realize that. Then if actually reach post-grad level, EVERYONE will be smarter than you.

I agree, yet the question was 'Is he the greatest thinker of our time?', which he isn't. I WOULD agree if the question was 'Is he one of the greatest academics of our time?'

t. underperforming kid who thinks his low test scores don't imply that he is a moron

He's not really of our time, syndicalism is out of date so Chomsky just ends up being a liberal and telling people to vote for Crooked Hillary.

idiot

>yfw

He's one of them for sure.

not our time but the one before.

There is a world of difference between understanding the reasons behind things and being able to present facts or statistics that confirm your thesis.

Compiling information on the movements of a planet at different times is not the same as knowing that the square of a planets orbital period is proportional to the cube of the semi major axis of its orbit (or whatever Keplers third law of planetary motion is).

What does this mean when you stupid /pol/es bring it up. When the alternative is trump what choice do you have?

Inb4
>he thinks that Trump is bad/x

Just fuck off.

Gary Gary Gary

Please never speak, write or type another word as long as you live.

What is that, what the fuck are you trying to shit out of your brain? Years of Veeky Forums has left you with a mush of memes and reaction pics between your ears. Kys.

Make. Me.

Chomsky is intelligent and his masters give him some impressive degree of free reign, which leads to some funny YouTube. But he is a gatekeeper working for some Washington faction, and he should bet seen as such.

Yeah, let's let the benevolent business-owners solve all of our problems.

Gary isn't even a libertarian let alone a politician.

This man is.

Noam isn't even the greatest linguist of our time.

Not an argument

wtf is a thinker?

Dude that man is a dumbbell. He didn't know what Aleppo.

*-is.

DELET THIS

this mans videos are the primary means informing the redpilled electorate. don't post his face here ever again. he will be assassinated and we can't have people knowing where our ideas come from.

Noam Chokesky

Jouissance and insurrection, not reformism and elections. Praise nothing.

Yeah Richard Montague or John Searle probably is. Dan Sperber and this other guy Ronald Langacker are pretty good too, although their work doesn't exactly scream 'genius'; it just seems very plausible and true-to-the-facts.

Seriously though, Chomsky is a great linguist. Probably one of the greatest in history. So is Norbert Hornstein.

you're kidding right? Are you familiar with the influence that these people have had in linguistics?Montague was certainly influential, don't get me wrong, but Chomsky utterly transformed the field. And Hornstein's basically a mouthpiece for Chomsky.