Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums

I just became "living in a car" homeless and decided, fuck it I can just travel the nation. What writers do you think I should try to meet and what state or city do they live in? Harlan Ellison is one of my favourites and he's already offered to meet me but I want to meet people Veeky Forums likes, not just m heroes, and maybe post some rewarding photo evidence for everyone over the next couple weeks.

Maybe I can record a video of me calling Franzen an "audience pussy"?

sounds pretty fun desu. make sure to do acid with tao lin.

how do you contact a writer?

As far as I know Tao lives in New York, right? Great suggestion, I can do that. I was in Virginia but I'm in Kansas today. Ill be happy to do Tao soon but if some other people could suggest other NY writers I could knock multiple out in one trip rather than have to go back.

Through their publishers, usually, but many have websites their assistants run and appear at local events constantly. This last is how I'm mostly planning on meeting people. I'm hoping to go to RI and meet Caitlin R. Kiernan whenever she does her next local event. :)

>What's any artist, but the dregs of his work? the human shambles that follows it around. What's left of the man when the work's done but a shambles of apology - Gaddis

Wow. I genuinely feel bad about even making this thread now.

Now you know how we feel.

Astral meetup.

How can you afford gas?

If you can afford all that gas surely you can pay rent?

If you're going to New York you could try to track down Pinecone. I hear he's a high society type sort there.

Cormac McCarthy

explain tortilla and ye posting to him

i think tao is in cali now but not sure

Bret Easton Ellis
Discuss Armani, blow and boipussy

Sounds pretty shitty. I'm in kind of a shitty situation too. Im addicted to heroin, I recently overdosed, all my friends are now either addicted to heroin or literally crazy, my GF just left me a few weeks ago, and I'm constantly thinking about suicide. What's worse is that I brought it all on myself (and my friends too to a large extent). It sounds like you're at least making the best of your situation - something I can't say for myself.

If you care to explain, how'd you end up homeless?

Thanks for the journal entry. It sounds like you should ditch all of your toxic, heroin using friends and go to rehab. Or you could continue wallowing in your own pity on a Taiwanese anime forum.

Thanks, I'm sure my single thread on Veeky Forums was such an inconvenience for you. Jeez, I cant even imagine how hurt you must be by the existence of this thread, never mind this post. How are you holding up? I know the air is thin up there on your high fucking horse but are you otherwise okay?

Oh, just some minor legal trouble that is limited to the state I was in and drained all my money and froze my ability to gain employs. Nothing major and certainly not as bad as your situation. You know that, despite whatever reason you started using, that you can beat this, right? You already know that you have a problem which is a big step and I know you've got the strength inside to get the help you need. There are a lot of bad things in life, some of which happened to you, but the fact that you're posting and that you're alive means you're strong and able to overcome situations like the one you're in. You are a person and you mean something, you matter. Don't get too caught up in the negative. You can do this. Call your local rehab clinic and show them what a fighter you are.

>I just became "living in a car" homeless and decided, fuck it I can just travel the nation
And you have money for gas and food how?

Good advice m8. Tbh though, most of the people on Veeky Forums - in fact most people alive on this earth - are just wallowing in self-pity and spend their lives writhing in a cess pool of filth that they themselves created. One need only look at all the threads about loneliness and depression, or turn on their TV and watch a commercial about prozac or zoloft to realize that.

Thanks for the support lol. Sorry I don't mean to derail the thread or sound like a pitiful and wretched little creature or anything. I'm actually in outpatient rehab now, so hopefully everything works out. Worst case scenario is I kill myself though. Suicide is a pretty cool guy though desu.

What you're doing is pretty inspiring though. You're really just throwing yourself into life and making the most out of your situation. People need to do crazy shit like that once in awhile.

Stop using heroin and being a solipsist. Addiction is just a meme

You're ok rban. If not, you can always come stay with me.

Meet Moby dick in Nantucket. I'm from Aussie land but surely they have something there to take a selfie with

if you do get to meet Harlan Ellison, ask very very politely to see the box he keeps the Last Dangerous Visions in. then kick him in the balls, grab the box and run.

then we can start scanning the stories and uploading them to the web, for free.