So Entropy of the universe increase constantly, but Q = TS. Then the thermal energy of the universe increase constantly

So Entropy of the universe increase constantly, but Q = TS. Then the thermal energy of the universe increase constantly.

So how can the first law stay true ?

Consider mass as stored energy. The more that mass is converted to energy, the higher the net temp of the system.

Why did I hate thermodynamics? I genuinely tried to enjoy it.

Same. Just took thermo 1 final yesterday. Some it was awesome, but the book we use for thermo 1-2 is shit and the professor taught us from it but didnt test us from it.

Almost this, good simplification. Its not just the mass, but the states that the mass is in.

lol you retard
why would mass want to convert to energy?

Because you're a brainlet.

>Needed to be tested from one source

Apart from that, thermodynamics has few good textbooks because it's pretty weird to formalize many notions.

Could the mass of my body, theoretically, spontaneously convert to energy at any moment?

What if the universal temperature drop constantly? Then there is nothing to explain

Universe's entropy always increases or stays equal given a process. It does not increase constantly. Q is not thermal energy. Q is the heat tranferred. Thermodynamics is a shitty field that people try to apply to make conclusions about the universe as a whole. Thermodynamics can't do that.

I hope so.

Why would any inert substance have desires?

Btw, even if carbon was isolated in free space and undisturbed by any extrenal influence, eventually it will break down into energy and protons.

This

>Then the thermal energy of the universe increase constantly.

The second law applies to specifically "closed systems". The universe is defined as an isolated system.

The second law does not apply to the universe as a whole, but rather only closed systems.

>So Entropy of the universe increase constantly
Ultimately it comes down to this statement being false in the first place.

>The second law applies to specifically "closed systems"

Ignore me im silly

this:

Who else thought there was a smudge/fog on their screen and tried to wipe it off?

I found a lot of the problems kind of tedious
>plug these values into these equations mindlessly and then do the same thing for 4 slightly different cases

>even if carbon was isolated in free space and undisturbed by any extrenal influence, eventually it will break down into energy and protons.
What causes this instability? I realize that protons and photons are a lower energy state for the system, but you need to put energy in in order to break it up. Is it just fluctuations in the gluon field that eventually give enough energy to break it apart? The Heisenberg uncertainty principle borrowing energy from the future?

Is there a good argument concerning entropy, and probability for space and time being a statistical fluke from thermal equilibrium?

As entropy increases the number of arrangements that atoms can be in decreases until all atoms in the universe are in the same identical state. At this point all matter in the entire universe becomes quantum entangled there's no other state left for mater to be in.

WTF would the universe be like then? And is it possible to calculate what the final state of mater will be in? It's temperature, atomic structure, spins and all that. Is the final state predetermined or is there some randomness to it?

Idk. It was assumed that Bi-209 had a nucleus that would never decay, but because of recently discovered alpha particle radiation, it turns out to have a half life of 2x10^19 years. Its incredibly long, but itll eventually decay into other things on its own.

Yes, but the number of particles in your body is so vast that you'd expect to wait many hyperzillions of years before observing such a thing.

>WTF would the universe be like then?

Endless empty darkness at very close to absolute zero.

Like my heart on friday evenings.

Last I checked fusion reactions in stars convert like 3% of the mass into energy.

Yes, but the probability is so low the universe will undergo complete heat death long before that could happen.

Absolutely loved thermo. Entropy in particular, I love how you can relate statistical/probabilistic systems to thermodynamic systems through entropy.

I can see why it's dry though to a lot of people.