How many books have you read this year, Veeky Forums?

How many books have you read this year, Veeky Forums?

How many books do you read on average per year?

What's your favorite book you've read this year so far?

Fuck off, anime pedophile scum

why are you so (((mad)))

jej

I don't know, because I do not have an autistic compulsion to keep count.

>How many books have you read this year?
Currently at 71, trying to reach 100.

>How many books do you read on average per year?
About 30-40, I guess.

>What's your favourite book you've read this year so far?
Stoner, though quick shoutout to In Watermelon Sugar.

>How many books have you read this year, Veeky Forums?

It always fucking winds me up that people use this as a dick-measuring contest and do "challenges" where they have to read X amount of books in a year. So fucking stupid, because I could read a novella a day if I wanted to, when it would take me several days to finish a Victorian realist novel.

>favourite book you've read this year so far?

On the Genealogy of Morality

Anime website

>It's another autistic statistical cataloguing thread

no one's using it as a dick-measuring contest tho

>read so far

>average per year
about 50 i guess

>favourite this year so far
Tropic of Cancer

Just finished my 35th earlier this week

Just started counting last year which ended at 41.

>What's your favorite book you've read this year so far?
Sabbath's Theater, by far. Fucking fantastic.

Honorable mentions: Little Children - Perrotta, Personal Days - Ed Park, and Rick Remender's Deadly Class.

>Total

>Average
I try to hit 52 but usually land in the 40s

>Favs so far
The Fire Next Time & The Path To Power

Do you really think it's appropriate to use autistic as an insult?

Not that many...Under 20, probably.

Last year I read close to 50, but I was NEET for most of the year

The only scum here is you nu-fag redditshitter

Post more confused anime girls with question marks above their heads.

I've only been into reading as a serious activity for 3 years so 60.
>What's your favorite book you've read this year so far?
That's a hard question, I've read a lot of great ones. For philosophy, Alasdair MacIntyre was a discovery. He's brilliant. For history and politics, Hilaire Belloc. For fiction, Shusaku Endo and Flannery O'Connor stuck with me the most.

>I could do X in a day if I wanted to
Mew chap
Mew

>don't know
>don't know
>Tatar Steppe

No. I am using it in a clinical fashion however. The concept of this thread is autistic. Not even trying to imply that the OP legitimately suffers from it.

65, though many of them rather short, according to goodreads i've read 15k pages

Second year i'm counting, last year it was 50

Runaway Horses by Mishima

How is that meaningfully different from using it as an insult?

Around 100 books per year. A book per three days. I listen to audiobooks when I work, or clean, or cook, or eat, or fall asleep.

I liked Horizon by Wieslaw Mysliwski and Death and the Dervish by Mesa Selimovic. Some Balzac as well, but saying you like Balzac is like saying you like The Beatles.

>but saying you like Balzac is like saying you like The Beatles.
No.

>I listen to audiobooks when I work, or clean, or cook, or eat, or fall asleep.

lol

>I listen to audiobooks

Doesn't count.

plebs that don't understand music analysis (that doesn't focus on script)

If the perceived slander is aimed at an inanimate object or concept, those objects and concepts do not reflect on the genuine autist.
Further.
If it became trendy to call people out for dyslexic mistakes, I would have to just take it on the chin. I am that.

If I were black and someone called me a nigger, that is an insult meant to hurt.

Enjoy your ban, bully.

>If the perceived slander is aimed at an inanimate object or concept, those objects and concepts do not reflect on the genuine autist.
So if someone started a thread about eating a watermelon or something, and I called the thread niggerish, is that acceptable since I'm only directing it at the thread?

>If it became trendy to call people out for dyslexic mistakes, I would have to just take it on the chin. I am that.
So because you are willing to have people use your dyslexia as an insult, that means it's acceptable for you to do the same for everyone else who may not necessarily agree with your stance?

>If I were black and someone called me a nigger, that is an insult meant to hurt.
I don't see what you're getting at.

I sometimes read to my wife. It doesn't matter as well? She gets everything out of the book the same way if she read it herself.

>She gets everything out of the book, as if she read it herself

That's actually completely false. You lose a majority of the writing when you listen to audio.

>niggerish
You are bring up an insult. and aiming it at the subject, people not presumed present. It would be indirectly insulting. And we put up with it every day. It's so boring and stupid.

>dyslexia as an insult
It is a fact that I am dyslexic. It doesn't work as an insult as deep as "nigger"

>I don't see what you're getting at
Because you're a dummy

No I wasn't. I was simply stating the thread is something a nigger would do, similar to how you're saying this thread is something an autist would do.

Two insults being effective to different degrees does not seem relevant. Just because you are happy with something about you being used as an insult doesn't mean everyone should have to put up with it. That's the point.

Around 80 so far, ignoring short children's books. If I counted those, it's about twice as many.

Usually read 100-150.

The Remains of the Day

If by "nigger" you mean dumb person, sure, but we're not there as a society. The word will fall into disuse before that racial animosity lets the word go. It's remains an insult.

Now imagine a film airing on tv with all the N words taken out and replaced with "Black person"
They are black, as we say, more brown of course. Not an insult.
An autistic person has to learn to accept what they are as much as an insensitive asshole needs to be punched in the face. –I mean shamed/corrected.

It's a meme, that you do. Will watching a play take away any literature value of Shakespeare?

I listen to simple books, mostly about life in communist times of eastern europe. All slavs write like russians, this books are plot-heavy, and all the meaning is in the story. It's not french literature for gods sake.

What on Earth are you talking about?

>all slavs write like russians
Except the slavic muslims, from old Yugoslavia. They're slow and heavy, hard to grasp.

Is she 5?
PoMo Minority Deconstruction Theory

Why do you read children's books laddie? Are you a parent?

I'm actually standing pretty far apart it