Can we please have a thread on Schopenhauer's 'On Women'

Can we please have a thread on Schopenhauer's 'On Women'

You can find it online for free, and it's short.

For me, personally, this is the greatest piece of philosophy ever produced and it totally changed my life.

Thoughts?

No, Sad troll #229873. It's idiotic poorly-considered misogyny masquerading as philosophy. There isn't a single actual argument in there that isn't laughable. It's so far beyond shit that refuting it would be effortless in 1851. At this point, it's like asking me to prove that Aristotle was wrong about goats breathing through their ears. If you really find this straw-man bullshit impressive, random Veeky Forums rants by bitter virgin assholes about "all women are dumb cunts and want yer money" must be fucking holy revelations for you.

For fuck sake, the least you could do was sage

>reddit

t. Sand E. Khund

Gotta say, I disagree.

Sage hasn't worked in years.

You don't actually think that, you're just being hyperbolic to get a rise out of people

just read this, and holy.... i want more....

woman detected

please

It's a ridiculous argument based on ridiculous assumptions.

>an insult
>with a slightly silly but ultimately unhumrous acknowledgement of who they are and where they are ("haha they are the poster number!")
>followed by overly ridiculous claim that makes it seem like their opinion is "not even wrong" or worthless
>and despite how silly and not important this person is, they still bother to respond with more "humorous" banter.

You can tell this is a women or reddit poster from the first four words. The rest just confirms it.

I think it's a tremendous tragedy that such a profound philosopher is venerated mostly by ressentiment9k losers and rejected by almost everyone else based on such a tiny, tiny fragment of his authorship.

In fact, On Women is probably the shittiest of his essays. If you really like Schopenhauer, check out the rest of them.

>All these White Knights trying to pre-emptively win favour with women on an online image board by disregarding a sound piece of writing from one of the world's finest philosophers

People need to understand that deeming women inferior, or in some way different, doesn't necessarily mean you hate them. More to the point, one of the biggest red flags in philosophy is to believe Schopenhauer and/or Nietzsche were meaningfully misogynistic, especially on the basis of a few well-known quotations that actually imply that women can be (or are) better than men. For example:

>I believe that if a woman succeeds in withdrawing from the mass, or rather raising herself from above the mass, she grows ceaselessly and more than a man.

It was very much the majority who seemed to disagree with the 'le Reddit poster'. Control your autism

Also, women being different is one thing. But 'inferior' is just retarded

Oh, honey, let the men do the talking...

The argument's just based on bad reasoning and stupid assumptions. It has nothing to do with making moral judgements or assigning misogyny.

She should go back to the kitchen where women belong

Ahahahah. The fundamentals of the Veeky Forums crowd are just like Tumblr. Both just need their idiocy validated. The thing about philosophers is, user, that you need to use your critical thinking skills while reading them. Schpenhauer has done some good work (though this essay is bullshit), and his misogyny is often justified by the "product of his time" meme. What's your excuse?

>doesn't necessarily mean you hate them
Yeah but its a wrong opinion

I'm a virgin, prospectless, ugly, and have no social life.

I use this site to escape momentarily the pathetic existence I call life, by shitting on women, blacks, liberals, normies etc. I feel -- when browsing certain boards -- that I become somebody through my being white and a man. The narrative supports this and dissenting opinion is discarded. Why would you take that away from me?
Am I not allowed a little reprieve?

She should go back to the guillotine where women belong.

>opinions
>wrong

>What's your excuse?

Real life experience with women.

I wonder if it is always the same chap making these threads. I fear it is.

That's fine. It's likely that women react negatively towards the cocktail of autism and misogyny that probably makes up your entire personality (Unfortunately I've met the type. Just an endless stream of stale Veeky Forums memes and strange assumptions about women) and you have mistaken this for a fundamental flaw in women.

If these are the bedtime stories you need to tell yourself in order to fall asleep at night, go ahead! As long as you keep your end of the bargain and never, under any circumstance, leave your house, or if you live with your parents and let's be honest here you probably do, your bedroom.

Sorry, kid. Not a woman, never been to reddit. The essay is pure shit, and only deluded morons could think otherwise.

There are no women here to impress, and the essay is idiotic. If you're over 20, I weep for your poor abused brain.

Women are absolutely terrifying and I don't understand them at all; this makes me incredibly resentful and bitter and I've constructed a worldview that elevates me above them so I don't have time reckon with my own personal inadequacies. So I agree with OP totally!